Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Zach Pascal Appreciation Thread

RockThatBlue

10 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

He's running out of time.  We needed those plays that went through his hands tonight.  A team on the fringe of playoff contention can't persistently carry dead weight in the forlorn hope it would pay off sometime. 

It's time for Deon Cain to seek redemption on his second team.  Bring in someone who can help us now.  because now is when we're trying to compete for the playoffs.

Cain is on the hotseat.  If he doesn't produce SOMETHING by the end of the year I honestly think he'll be cleared away to make room for a couple more draft picks at WR.  You only get so long to make your mark.  Cain is getting his chance right now and is doing literally nothing with it.

The odds of someone from off the street at this point in the season coming in and helping us is slim to none.

10 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

He's running out of time.  We needed those plays that went through his hands tonight.  A team on the fringe of playoff contention can't persistently carry dead weight in the forlorn hope it would pay off sometime. 

It's time for Deon Cain to seek redemption on his second team.  Bring in someone who can help us now.  because now is when we're trying to compete for the playoffs.

Cain is on the hotseat.  If he doesn't produce SOMETHING by the end of the year I honestly think he'll be cleared away to make room for a couple more draft picks at WR.  You only get so long to make your mark.  Cain is getting his chance right now and is doing literally nothing with it.

And while I’m not huge on Cain, let’s not forget that it took Reggie Wayne 3 full seasons before he broke out and turned into the Reggie Wayne we will remember him for. Not saying CAIN will ever be even close to that, but sometimes WRs need a little bit for the game to slow for them.

18 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Good on ya! Awesome job bro!

On a cynical note. Are we bad at drafting WRs now???

Well we've drafted 3 WRs

Cain - 6th rounder coming off of a torn ACL. Impressed in both training camps, but hasn't done much. Jury's still out, but not looking great so far. Even if he is a miss I wouldn't say missing on a 6th round WR means we're bad at drafting WRs

Fountain - 5th rounder, out for year, on the PS as a rookie. Impressed in camp, but hasn't played much at all. The jury is still out with him too. Again, even if he is a miss I wouldn't say missing on a 5th round WR means we're bad at drafting WRs.

Campbell - 2nd rounder rookie, our only high WR draft pick in the Ballard regime. Has injury issues, and wasn't great early in the year, but has insane speed and potential. We saw just a little bit of that against the Steelers. Potentially has fumble issues though. Jury's still out.

21 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

the receiver position could be pretty deep once Funchess comes back and gets acclimated. 

The last quarter of the season is where I can really see them coming together (barring no other injuries etc)

Yep. Hilton, Funchess and pascal is a pretty good group. Then sprinkle Campbell’s speed in there I think we are ok. Will we be able to stay in the division race until they all are healthy at the same time. Texans after the bye week have the ravens, colts, and NE. So they have a tough schedule coming up. 

53 minutes ago, BigQungus said:

Well we've drafted 3 WRs

Cain - 6th rounder coming off of a torn ACL. Impressed in both training camps, but hasn't done much. Jury's still out, but not looking great so far. Even if he is a miss I wouldn't say missing on a 6th round WR means we're bad at drafting WRs

Fountain - 5th rounder, out for year, on the PS as a rookie. Impressed in camp, but hasn't played much at all. The jury is still out with him too. Again, even if he is a miss I wouldn't say missing on a 5th round WR means we're bad at drafting WRs.

Campbell - 2nd rounder rookie, our only high WR draft pick in the Ballard regime. Has injury issues, and wasn't great early in the year, but has insane speed and potential. We saw just a little bit of that against the Steelers. Potentially has fumble issues though. Jury's still out.

I look at the entirety of WR acquisitions...and it leaves a lot to be desired. Injuries aside...it has been Ballard's one questionable area.

FA - Aiken (awful), Grant (ugh), Funchess (we will see...I am never expected much), Pascal (great pickup), Inman (fantastic...but an in-season street FA signing)

Draft - Cain (doesn't look like he belongs), Fountain (raw and then got hurt), Campbell (loved the pick)

I mean...in three offseasons...it's just not a strong group overall. I do hope they use an early pick next year in what is supposed to be a very good group...and look at someone via trade. Two legit WRs paired with Campbell and Pascal is a decent foundation...as Hilton heads into the latter years of his career.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BigQungus said:

Well we've drafted 3 WRs

I'm meaning since Hilton. We drafted Dorsett. Did we draft moncrief? Didn't we draft like Ken griffeys son?

I don't pay too much attention to the draft, so I'm not gonna pretend like I'm an expert, I'm just thinking from the top of my head.

4 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I'm meaning since Hilton. We drafted Dorsett. Did we draft moncrief? Didn't we draft like Ken griffeys son?

I don't pay too much attention to the draft, so I'm not gonna pretend like I'm an expert, I'm just thinking from the top of my head.

Well I think we should evaluate each front office regime differently. Obviously Grigson was horrible, but he was horrible at a lot of things, and he's also gone. If you want to know whether we're good at drafting WRs now, then you can't look at Grigson, you need to look at Ballard.

16 hours ago, csmopar said:

And while I’m not huge on Cain, let’s not forget that it took Reggie Wayne 3 full seasons before he broke out and turned into the Reggie Wayne we will remember him for. Not saying CAIN will ever be even close to that, but sometimes WRs need a little bit for the game to slow for them.

Amazing how people are unaware, or forgot, what his first 3 seasons were like. I remember Polian bringing in Qadry Ismail in 02' because Reggie was coming along slowly.

• Like 3

On 11/3/2019 at 6:51 PM, Chloe6124 said:

HE looked awesome.

The thing with Cain is he looks like he is lost.  I will say though JB should of had him for a TD that first drive. He was wide open.

he doesn’t look lost he’s open a lot and jacoby consistently misses him  See how Hoyer could easily Pass the ball and see who was open jacoby needs to learn to get through his progressions a lot of our guys get open some don’t catch the ball some don’t get a pass toward them doesn’t mean they are bad we’ve built this offense for running the ball Pascal is the better run blocker and apparently he’s been involved in the pass game i do think some of our guys struggle with drops they need some Wayne/Harrison training methods for sure 

1 hour ago, will426 said:

he doesn’t look lost he’s open a lot and jacoby consistently misses him  See how Hoyer could easily Pass the ball and see who was open jacoby needs to learn to get through his progressions a lot of our guys get open some don’t catch the ball some don’t get a pass toward them doesn’t mean they are bad we’ve built this offense for running the ball Pascal is the better run blocker and apparently he’s been involved in the pass game i do think some of our guys struggle with drops they need some Wayne/Harrison training methods for sure 

Cain didn’t do anything with hoyer either. Cain dropped a ball because he started running fitst. He looks lost.