Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pass rush

coltfaninnewyork

The raiders have a BIG Oline. Problem is, our defense is supposed to be playing with a lead.. that is the whole idea of the tampa 2. It DOES NOT work if you are playing from behind. 

Asking our little tackles to stop the run is not realistic. Hunt is the only dependable DT we have on the team for run defense. 

I am impressed with Khari Willis, and I'm liking Okereke as well. DLine is still a weakness. 

There was a huge disconnect in the front seven. They don't look like they're balanced. It seems that way too many screens over the middle are connecting we're playing too deep off of the ball and we have zero pass rush. This is on the coaches and the scheme and it better change soon we're going to be in trouble if we pull this stuff today next week we're going to lose by 40

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Ballard wants to go light but today showed why light defensive lines don’t wook.

They do work when you are playing with a lead. 
We need some heavies to put in to stop the run, and we just do not have any. 

Just now, indyagent17 said:

There was a huge disconnect in the front seven. They don't look like they're balanced. It seems that way too many screens over the middle are connecting we're playing too deep off of the ball and we have zero pass rush. This is on the coaches and the scheme and it better change soon we're going to be in trouble if we pull this stuff today next week we're going to lose by 40

I agree, they don't look cohesive. That 2nd end around by the WR ( I forget his name) He was able to completely back track and run up the right side of the field after we had him stopped. 

32 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

The raiders have a BIG Oline. Problem is, our defense is supposed to be playing with a lead.. that is the whole idea of the tampa 2. It DOES NOT work if you are playing from behind. 

Asking our little tackles to stop the run is not realistic. Hunt is the only dependable DT we have on the team for run defense. 

I am impressed with Khari Willis, and I'm liking Okereke as well. DLine is still a weakness. 

Don't work period that defense is a thing of the past...

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is the main reason ted secondary looks bad.  Good pash rush will help the secondary look good. Why is AQM stepping back in coverage. Where are the Kenny Moore blitzes. We used speed. Makes no sense at all.

Its called desperation.  The front 4 can't get through so Eberflus is trying anything.

9 hours ago, krunk said:

What happened to all the line stunts, twists and some of the other stuff we did to get home last year?  Also the blitzing needs to increase a bit more.

They also lost containment and didn't set the edges properly the 2 reverse calls to Trevor Davis kinda underline that. From what I can see this can be fixed. Didn't play a very good game on all fronts but the tape should show where improvement is needed. 

• Like 1