Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Moosejawcolt

Most over rated Colt is??

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Most QBs in the league are better than JB.

And yes, Kelly should be our starter, but not yet...he needs more practice with the 1s and 2s...maybe after the bye week if our record is in the toilet.

 

 

IMG_8316.JPG

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Most QBs in the league are better than JB.

And yes, Kelly should be our starter, but not yet...he needs more practice with the 1s and 2s...maybe after the bye week if our record is in the toilet.

And yes, JB is now our most overrated player...way too much hype without any reason.

 

Kelly has way too much hype with zero reason.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Most QBs in the league are better than JB.

And yes, Kelly should be our starter, but not yet...he needs more practice with the 1s and 2s...maybe after the bye week if our record is in the toilet.

And yes, JB is now our most overrated player...way too much hype without any reason.

 

will ferrell lol GIF

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Kelly has way too much hype with zero reason.  

I think there is one big reason.  Our 3rd. string QB for the last couple of years has been Walker and Kelly is clearly superior to him and that was when he was playing with the 3's and 4's this preseason.  His off field issues aside he definitely has the talent and he did win the backup job in Denver before his off field issue there.  It's easy for me to see why Colts fans are excited about his upside.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Imagine if we could of got Landon Collins. We need a stud there. A high draft pick. Not sold Willis is going to be that guy. Collins would of made a huge difference on this team.

 

No thanks. There is no value in big money free agents. There is value in 21-22 year olds that you scout to fit and draft, and develop into players. And that is what this front office is practicing. I don't agree we need a high draft pick at strong safety. A good pass rush and solid linebacker plays will make an average strong safety look great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

will ferrell lol GIF

Laugh if you like...but Kelly has more natural QB ability than Brissett has or ever will have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Laugh if you like...but Kelly has more natural QB ability than Brissett has or ever will have.

So you're leaving open the possibility . . . that Brissett will have more natural QB ability in the future than he does currently? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see how a guy who did all this in a single year is overrated:

 

- First-team All-Pro (2018)

- NFL Tackles Leader (2018)

- NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year (2018)

 

NFL tackles leader and rookie of the year should not go together, and yet, there they are. There's nothing overrated about that. He put his body on the line. Leonard has my utmost respect.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Laugh if you like...but Kelly has more natural QB ability than Brissett has or ever will have.

I'll trust the coaching staff and Ballard. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Imagine if we could of got Landon Collins. We need a stud there. A high draft pick. Not sold Willis is going to be that guy. Collins would of made a huge difference on this team.

 

Go compare his per snap production to Geathers, then compare the cost. He’s not enough of a game changer. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It can't be proven either way unless Kelly starts in the regular season and shows us. Until then, your guess is as good as mine. All we have to go off of is his preseason, which is solid. Brissett is a game manager at this point, that's the benchmark he has to beat. Until he shows otherwise, saying he's better than Brissett is certainly possible.

Let's hope he is much better than Brissett.  I don't agree with the wild exuberance for a player with his track record.  Don't forget, Belichick had him and traded him for a depth receiver.  He saw him every day and traded him. I think the hype is strong with this one, Obi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

I don't see how a guy who did all this in a single year is overrated:

 

- First-team All-Pro (2018)

- NFL Tackles Leader (2018)

- NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year (2018)

 

NFL tackles leader and rookie of the year should not go together, and yet, there they are. There's nothing overrated about that. He put his body on the line. Leonard has my utmost respect.

I am not big on stats.   Against 2 back to back top tier offences......Leonard has really under whelmed.  U can throw stats and awards at me all day, but watch the tape.  We played some pretty bad offenses last year.  I said before the season began that I rated this D after the KC beat down.  They played the Chargers and looked below average again. U want to go with stats then Leonard is all pro when he plays qb challenged teams.  When he plays top tier offences, he looks below average.  He cant get off blocks and players r wide open underneath.  I hope he has a great game against the Titans and  I expect it. I think by the end of the year we will definitely know who are our keepers on D. Leonard has cult status on this board and I just dont think he is a top tier lb....not yet anyways.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Roger said:

Let's hope he is much better than Brissett.  I don't agree with the wild exuberance for a player with his track record.  Don't forget, Belichick had him and traded him for a depth receiver.  He saw him every day and traded him. I think the hype is strong with this one, Obi.

They traded him because they also had jimmy G.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I am not big on stats.   Against 2 back to back top tier offences......Leonard has really under whelmed.  U can throw stats and awards at me all day, but watch the tape.  We played some pretty bad offenses last year.  I said before the season began that I rated this D after the KC beat down.  They played the Chargers and looked below average again. U want to go with stats then Leonard is all pro when he plays qb challenged teams.  When he plays top tier offences, he looks below average.  He cant get off blocks and players r wide open underneath.  I hope he has a great game against the Titans and  I expect it. I think by the end of the year we will definitely know who are our keepers on D. Leonard has cult status on this board and I just dont think he is a top tier lb....not yet anyways.

I think there is a huge possibility that the defense is not as good as they looked last year. We played bad teams. Even the cowboys are not a elite offense. This year could really expose the defense and show we need a few upgrades to compete with the elite offenses.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roger said:

Let's hope he is much better than Brissett.  I don't agree with the wild exuberance for a player with his track record.  Don't forget, Belichick had him and traded him for a depth receiver.  He saw him every day and traded him. I think the hype is strong with this one, Obi.

Elway saw Kelly everyday in practice and cut him.    If he was the next great qb,  he wouldn't have been cut for misdemeanor trespassing charges

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Elway saw Kelly everyday in practice and cut him.    If he was the next great qb,  he wouldn't have been cut for misdemeanor trespassing charges

Neither of these truths is a positive harbinger for Colts QB situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Roger said:

Neither of these truths is a positive harbinger for Colts QB situation.

The fact that Ballard extended Brissett when he didn't have to should tell you the confidence the staff has in him. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how Leonard is overrated. Last year he had 16 really good games and 1 sub par game, playing on ice. This year, he's had 1 sub par game. Tough crowd indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Bjorn Werner................................Oh you mean current Colts....................Geathers.

As a fan,  i would say geathers as well.   However his teammates voted him as a captain.     Obviously there is more to him that we don't know

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

Laugh if you like...but Kelly has more natural QB ability than Brissett has or ever will have.

 

Well...    I'm laughing.

 

Because the idea that you know enough to make a judgement on EITHER Brissett OR Kelly --   indeed -- laughable.      You don't.     I don't.    Knowone here knows enough.

 

You saw Brissett in a bad system with a bad team.    You're judging that?

 

Kelly you've seen as a back-up against mostly 2nd and 3rd string in pre-season.    You're judging that?

 

Come on now.      I'll go so far as to add,  even if it turns out you're right,  it's not because you know anything.    You clearly don't.    But even a broken clock is right twice a day.    Sorry.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Elway saw Kelly everyday in practice and cut him.    If he was the next great qb,  he wouldn't have been cut for misdemeanor trespassing charges

Elway's track record with knowing a QBs abilities is pretty poor. 

Manning was proven before he was a Bronco. 

Just saying. :dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Elway's track record with knowing a QBs abilities is pretty poor. 

Manning was proven before he was a Bronco. 

Just saying. :dunno:

Pretty sure his evaluation on qbs is better than most.   He hasn't had a top five pick to get a good one.    If Kelly was great,   he would still be there

 

Also.  If everyone knew Peyton was going to be good after the year off, why weren't more teams interested?  Why did Irsay cut him?     Elway is a far better talent evaluator than anyone here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy. Vinatieri. Missed 6 kicks under 30 yards in the last 4 games played.  Kicked at an 85 perfect clip last year , which was below the league average of 90 or so.  If you count the playoffs he has missed around 10 fg or xpt in 19 games , way below average.  Has put the team in the possible position of being 0-2 again. Before you say he is the goat,  I dont care , this is now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Imagine if we could of got Landon Collins. We need a stud there. A high draft pick. Not sold Willis is going to be that guy. Collins would of made a huge difference on this team.

Agreed.

31 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Easy. Vinatieri. Missed 6 kicks under 30 yards in the last 4 games played.  Kicked at an 85 perfect clip last year , which was below the league average of 90 or so.  If you count the playoffs he has missed around 10 fg or xpt in 19 games , way below average.  Has put the team in the possible position of being 0-2 again. Before you say he is the goat,  I dont care , this is now. 

His time has passed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Elway's track record with knowing a QBs abilities is pretty poor. 

Manning was proven before he was a Bronco. 

Just saying. :dunno:

Elway cut him cause he got in trouble with the law not because he sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jameszeigler834 said:

Elway cut him cause he got in trouble with the law not because he sucks.

Baloney, if he was good enough he'd still be on the roster due to 'white privilege' which he's already benefitted from several times. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think there is a huge possibility that the defense is not as good as they looked last year. We played bad teams. Even the cowboys are not a elite offense. This year could really expose the defense and show we need a few upgrades to compete with the elite offenses.

Every time they  play an elite QB they get shredded.  Elite QB know how to exploit cover 2.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Pretty sure his evaluation on qbs is better than most.   He hasn't had a top five pick to get a good one.    If Kelly was great,   he would still be there

 

Also.  If everyone knew Peyton was going to be good after the year off, why weren't more teams interested?  Why did Irsay cut him?     Elway is a far better talent evaluator than anyone here

Take Manning out of the mix and that leaves Tebow, Orton, Osweller, Siemian, Lynch, Keenum and now Flacco. 

I rest my case. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Every time they  play an elite QB they get shredded.  Elite QB know how to exploit cover 2.  

Which will be sad because If we don’t make the playoffs everyone will blame JB. But even with luck we would of had the same defense and could of ended up with the same problem this year. Hopefully we can get man to man down so we can switch up. I didn’t think when we played man last week it looked very good yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Show us the post where somebody said JB is the next Tom Brady. That never happened. 

it was like 2 weeks ago go find it yourself idgaf if you believe me or not it was posted lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Take Manning out of the mix and that leaves Tebow, Orton, Osweller, Siemian, Lynch, Keenum and now Flacco. 

I rest my case. 

He hasn't had a top five pick to Gerry a great QB prospect.  I rest my case 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He hasn't had a top five pick to Gerry a great QB prospect.  I rest my case 

There have been GMs that make trades for a QB. I guess Elway just didn't think of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

There have been GMs that make trades for a QB. I guess Elway just didn't think of it.

He did for Flacco.  Other than that name one that's been successful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He did for Flacco.  Other than that name one that's been successful

You may think Elway has done a great job evaluating QBs but I don't. 

It's that simple. 

Maybe Flacco will have success but I doubt it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You may think Elway has done a great job evaluating QBs but I don't. 

It's that simple. 

Maybe Flacco will have success but I doubt it. 

Fair enough,   but who else could he have traded for like you suggested?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You may think Elway has done a great job evaluating QBs but I don't. 

It's that simple. 

Maybe Flacco will have success but I doubt it. 

You can't think of any?  Me either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DougDew said:

I don't think there is one player that is consistently overrated by a majority of the forum.  There are groups that have their favorites.

 

I wouldn't say players are overrated.  I would say that traits are overrated. 

 

The ability and desire for an Olineman to pancake someone is really not that important in the NFL, but I wouldn't project that into saying that Nelson is overrated because he does many things well.

 

I'd say that ball-hawking from the deep position is overrated since our defense plays a number of schemes where that is not the main duty of the DB.

 

Of course, the common traits for a QB that are overrated are strong arm and 40 yard dash speed.  But I don't think many value those traits here.

 

Edit:  Okay, if I had to pick one player, I'd say Geathers.

 

giphy.gif

 

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yep. Geathers and Veniteiri for me personally.

 

I'm not a fan of Veniterian blinds either.  They are way overrated.

 

enhanced-buzz-17897-1348145051-6.jpg

5090E3D700000578-0-image-a-17_1537784516

5.jpg

WeaIVEBG4s4HMmUpU_x0BgADCWLYE3qHkeVmZ7Ap

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...