Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Most over rated Colt is??

Moosejawcolt

5 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Most QBs in the league are better than JB.

And yes, Kelly should be our starter, but not yet...he needs more practice with the 1s and 2s...maybe after the bye week if our record is in the toilet.

And yes, JB is now our most overrated player...way too much hype without any reason.

Kelly has way too much hype with zero reason.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Most QBs in the league are better than JB.

And yes, Kelly should be our starter, but not yet...he needs more practice with the 1s and 2s...maybe after the bye week if our record is in the toilet.

And yes, JB is now our most overrated player...way too much hype without any reason.

will ferrell lol GIF

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Kelly has way too much hype with zero reason.  

I think there is one big reason.  Our 3rd. string QB for the last couple of years has been Walker and Kelly is clearly superior to him and that was when he was playing with the 3's and 4's this preseason.  His off field issues aside he definitely has the talent and he did win the backup job in Denver before his off field issue there.  It's easy for me to see why Colts fans are excited about his upside.  

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Imagine if we could of got Landon Collins. We need a stud there. A high draft pick. Not sold Willis is going to be that guy. Collins would of made a huge difference on this team.

No thanks. There is no value in big money free agents. There is value in 21-22 year olds that you scout to fit and draft, and develop into players. And that is what this front office is practicing. I don't agree we need a high draft pick at strong safety. A good pass rush and solid linebacker plays will make an average strong safety look great. 

I don't see how a guy who did all this in a single year is overrated:

- First-team All-Pro (2018)

- NFL Tackles Leader (2018)

- NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year (2018)

NFL tackles leader and rookie of the year should not go together, and yet, there they are. There's nothing overrated about that. He put his body on the line. Leonard has my utmost respect.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Imagine if we could of got Landon Collins. We need a stud there. A high draft pick. Not sold Willis is going to be that guy. Collins would of made a huge difference on this team.

Go compare his per snap production to Geathers, then compare the cost. He’s not enough of a game changer. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It can't be proven either way unless Kelly starts in the regular season and shows us. Until then, your guess is as good as mine. All we have to go off of is his preseason, which is solid. Brissett is a game manager at this point, that's the benchmark he has to beat. Until he shows otherwise, saying he's better than Brissett is certainly possible.

Let's hope he is much better than Brissett.  I don't agree with the wild exuberance for a player with his track record.  Don't forget, Belichick had him and traded him for a depth receiver.  He saw him every day and traded him. I think the hype is strong with this one, Obi.

11 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

I don't see how a guy who did all this in a single year is overrated:

- First-team All-Pro (2018)

- NFL Tackles Leader (2018)

- NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year (2018)

NFL tackles leader and rookie of the year should not go together, and yet, there they are. There's nothing overrated about that. He put his body on the line. Leonard has my utmost respect.

I am not big on stats.   Against 2 back to back top tier offences......Leonard has really under whelmed.  U can throw stats and awards at me all day, but watch the tape.  We played some pretty bad offenses last year.  I said before the season began that I rated this D after the KC beat down.  They played the Chargers and looked below average again. U want to go with stats then Leonard is all pro when he plays qb challenged teams.  When he plays top tier offences, he looks below average.  He cant get off blocks and players r wide open underneath.  I hope he has a great game against the Titans and  I expect it. I think by the end of the year we will definitely know who are our keepers on D. Leonard has cult status on this board and I just dont think he is a top tier lb....not yet anyways.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Roger said:

Let's hope he is much better than Brissett.  I don't agree with the wild exuberance for a player with his track record.  Don't forget, Belichick had him and traded him for a depth receiver.  He saw him every day and traded him. I think the hype is strong with this one, Obi.

They traded him because they also had jimmy G.

31 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I am not big on stats.   Against 2 back to back top tier offences......Leonard has really under whelmed.  U can throw stats and awards at me all day, but watch the tape.  We played some pretty bad offenses last year.  I said before the season began that I rated this D after the KC beat down.  They played the Chargers and looked below average again. U want to go with stats then Leonard is all pro when he plays qb challenged teams.  When he plays top tier offences, he looks below average.  He cant get off blocks and players r wide open underneath.  I hope he has a great game against the Titans and  I expect it. I think by the end of the year we will definitely know who are our keepers on D. Leonard has cult status on this board and I just dont think he is a top tier lb....not yet anyways.

I think there is a huge possibility that the defense is not as good as they looked last year. We played bad teams. Even the cowboys are not a elite offense. This year could really expose the defense and show we need a few upgrades to compete with the elite offenses.

1 hour ago, Roger said:

Elway saw Kelly everyday in practice and cut him.    If he was the next great qb,  he wouldn't have been cut for misdemeanor trespassing charges

13 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Elway saw Kelly everyday in practice and cut him.    If he was the next great qb,  he wouldn't have been cut for misdemeanor trespassing charges

Neither of these truths is a positive harbinger for Colts QB situation.

9 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Bjorn Werner................................Oh you mean current Colts....................Geathers.

As a fan,  i would say geathers as well.   However his teammates voted him as a captain.     Obviously there is more to him that we don't know

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

Laugh if you like...but Kelly has more natural QB ability than Brissett has or ever will have.

Well...    I'm laughing.

Because the idea that you know enough to make a judgement on EITHER Brissett OR Kelly --   indeed -- laughable.      You don't.     I don't.    Knowone here knows enough.

You saw Brissett in a bad system with a bad team.    You're judging that?

Kelly you've seen as a back-up against mostly 2nd and 3rd string in pre-season.    You're judging that?

Come on now.      I'll go so far as to add,  even if it turns out you're right,  it's not because you know anything.    You clearly don't.    But even a broken clock is right twice a day.    Sorry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Elway's track record with knowing a QBs abilities is pretty poor. 

Manning was proven before he was a Bronco. 

Just saying. :dunno:

12 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Elway's track record with knowing a QBs abilities is pretty poor. 

Manning was proven before he was a Bronco. 

Just saying. :dunno:

Pretty sure his evaluation on qbs is better than most.   He hasn't had a top five pick to get a good one.    If Kelly was great,   he would still be there

Also.  If everyone knew Peyton was going to be good after the year off, why weren't more teams interested?  Why did Irsay cut him?     Elway is a far better talent evaluator than anyone here

Easy. Vinatieri. Missed 6 kicks under 30 yards in the last 4 games played.  Kicked at an 85 perfect clip last year , which was below the league average of 90 or so.  If you count the playoffs he has missed around 10 fg or xpt in 19 games , way below average.  Has put the team in the possible position of being 0-2 again. Before you say he is the goat,  I dont care , this is now. 

8 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Agreed.

31 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Easy. Vinatieri. Missed 6 kicks under 30 yards in the last 4 games played.  Kicked at an 85 perfect clip last year , which was below the league average of 90 or so.  If you count the playoffs he has missed around 10 fg or xpt in 19 games , way below average.  Has put the team in the possible position of being 0-2 again. Before you say he is the goat,  I dont care , this is now. 

His time has passed.

4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think there is a huge possibility that the defense is not as good as they looked last year. We played bad teams. Even the cowboys are not a elite offense. This year could really expose the defense and show we need a few upgrades to compete with the elite offenses.

Every time they  play an elite QB they get shredded.  Elite QB know how to exploit cover 2.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Pretty sure his evaluation on qbs is better than most.   He hasn't had a top five pick to get a good one.    If Kelly was great,   he would still be there

Also.  If everyone knew Peyton was going to be good after the year off, why weren't more teams interested?  Why did Irsay cut him?     Elway is a far better talent evaluator than anyone here

Take Manning out of the mix and that leaves Tebow, Orton, Osweller, Siemian, Lynch, Keenum and now Flacco. 

I rest my case. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Every time they  play an elite QB they get shredded.  Elite QB know how to exploit cover 2.  

Which will be sad because If we don’t make the playoffs everyone will blame JB. But even with luck we would of had the same defense and could of ended up with the same problem this year. Hopefully we can get man to man down so we can switch up. I didn’t think when we played man last week it looked very good yet.

13 hours ago, DougDew said:

I don't think there is one player that is consistently overrated by a majority of the forum.  There are groups that have their favorites.

I wouldn't say players are overrated.  I would say that traits are overrated. 

The ability and desire for an Olineman to pancake someone is really not that important in the NFL, but I wouldn't project that into saying that Nelson is overrated because he does many things well.

I'd say that ball-hawking from the deep position is overrated since our defense plays a number of schemes where that is not the main duty of the DB.

Of course, the common traits for a QB that are overrated are strong arm and 40 yard dash speed.  But I don't think many value those traits here.

Edit:  Okay, if I had to pick one player, I'd say Geathers.

giphy.gif

lol