Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Most over rated Colt is??

Moosejawcolt

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Until Kelly starts, does bad, and proves you right, you are merely assuming he's overrated. Right now, the range of outcomes is very large. The preseason only makes it more likely, not less, that the good range is his likely range. He's not overrated until proven otherwise.

I'm not assuming he's bad. I'm assuming he never touches the field (or any field) in regular season, which is high probability... which means he's overrated, as many on this forum think if JB is a top 25 qb in this league, then Kelly is a franchise qb, and it's not reality. 

I think when it comes to JB nobody has said he would be as good as Luck, at least I haven't seen anyone saying that. I will say this, tomorrow is a huge statement game for JB to show everyone he can win a big game. It is only week 2 but tomorrow's game is a big divisional game on the road against an above average team. He and the team need to win that game. If we fall to 0-2 that obviously isn't good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

it's Brissett by a large margin he's played one game so far and many already think he has locked up being our franchise QB and is taking us to the playoffs every year.

This is untrue. Just because the fan base is rallying behind brissett doesn't mean we think hes taking us to the playoffs every year or think hes the franchise QB. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I'm not assuming he's bad. I'm assuming he never touches the field (or any field) in regular season, which is high probability... which means he's overrated, as many on this forum think if JB is a top 25 qb in this league, then Kelly is a franchise qb, and it's not reality. 

It doesn't mean he's overrated at all, it just means he's an unknown. That could mean he's better or worse than Brissett, but in actuality, there's no proof of either at this point.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think when it comes to JB nobody has said he would be as good as Luck, at least I haven't seen anyone saying that. I will say this, tomorrow is a huge statement game for JB to show everyone he can win a big game. It is only week 2 but tomorrow's game is a big divisional game on the road against an above average team. He and the team need to win that game. If we fall to 0-2 that obviously isn't good.

some have but luckily its posters that I dont really pay attention to cause they are either trolls or they just overreact on everything.

I don't think there is one player that is consistently overrated by a majority of the forum.  There are groups that have their favorites.

I wouldn't say players are overrated.  I would say that traits are overrated. 

The ability and desire for an Olineman to pancake someone is really not that important in the NFL, but I wouldn't project that into saying that Nelson is overrated because he does many things well.

I'd say that ball-hawking from the deep position is overrated since our defense plays a number of schemes where that is not the main duty of the DB.

Of course, the common traits for a QB that are overrated are strong arm and 40 yard dash speed.  But I don't think many value those traits here.

Edit:  Okay, if I had to pick one player, I'd say Geathers.

5 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

This is untrue. Just because the fan base is rallying behind brissett doesn't mean we think hes taking us to the playoffs every year or think hes the franchise QB. 

support is one thing being a fool and claiming that he can be the next Aaron Rodgers is dumb and yes that was actually posted here before. so far I've seen different posters compare him to Andrew Luck Aaron Rodgers Ben Roethlisberger Kurt Warner and Tom Brady YES Tom Brady. :facepalm: 

hell just the other day had someone say they would rather have JB in certain situations than healthy Luck haha

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

some have but luckily its posters that I dont really pay attention to cause they are either trolls or they just overreact on everything.

JB has the potential to be good, he played well enough to win last week but he isn't better than Luck. You and I both know that. Tomorrow will be a big indicator how good Brissett is because IMO the Titans are a team we should beat. 

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am looking at how he plays more then a win or a loss. A loss can happen for a bunch of reasons outside his control. As we saw last week.

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

support is one thing being a fool and claiming that he can be the next Aaron Rodgers is dumb and yes that was actually posted here before. so far I've seen different posters compare him to Andrew Luck Aaron Rodgers Ben Roethlisberger Kurt Warner and Tom Brady YES Tom Brady. :facepalm: 

Was he actually compared to those players or did they just mention those players while talking up Brissett? I've not seen any of these comparisons and I'm reading these forums every day. Bot saying it isn't there, but dont lump "many" of us fans into a category that we dont belong in. 

I'm a huge brissett supporter. But I am nervous every sunday. 

• Like 2

If we were playing family feud, Clayton Geathers would be the number 1 answer. Much like Dwayne Allen, people are still rating him based off his rookie year. And even that is overrated. He had the game against Atlanta where he literally knocked Freeman out of the game and fans went crazy. Even when healthy, he hasn’t done anything notable except get beat in coverage and miss tackles. Willis isn’t the answer either.

Also every RB on the Colts that’s not named Marlon Mack. Hines does nothing but catch passes and Wilkins fumbled and disappointed a lot when he got opportunities last season. Colts need to get Mack some help.

• Like 2

Just now, NannyMcafee said:

Was he actually compared to those players or did they just mention those players while talking up Brissett? I've not seen any of these comparisons and I'm reading these forums every day. Bot saying it isn't there, but dont lump "many" of us fans into a category that we dont belong in. 

I'm a huge brissett supporter. But I am nervous every sunday. 

well I seen some one specifically say he's the next Tom Brady lol also have seen quite a few say he can be just as good as Luck both are pretty dumb considering he hasn't really done a damn thing. I support him as well cause if hes good we can continue to draft other positions and keep building the roster but some need to slow the hell down they are buying into the media hype too much.

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

If we were playing family feud, Clayton Geathers would be the number 1 answer. Much like Dwayne Allen, people are still rating him based off his rookie year. And even that is overrated. He had the game against Atlanta where he literally knocked Freeman out of the game and fans went crazy. Even when healthy, he hasn’t done anything notable except get beat in coverage and miss tackles. Willis isn’t the answer either.

Also every RB on the Colts that’s not named Marlon Mack. Hines does nothing but catch passes and Wilkins fumbled and disappointed a lot when he got opportunities last season. Colts need to get Mack some help.

this is true I wanted to move on from geathers so bad. him in coverage scares the hell out of me.

6 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

well I seen some one specifically say he's the next Tom Brady lol also have seen quite a few say he can be just as good as Luck both are pretty dumb considering he hasn't really done a damn thing. I support him as well cause if hes good we can continue to draft other positions and keep building the roster but some need to slow the hell down they are buying into the media hype too much.

The proof is in the pudding. 

7 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Has Wilkins played at all this preseason? Is he even on the team anymore? 

9 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

steve harvey GIF by ABC Network

The  context of the question depends on who is doing the rating. I think that Leonard still gets slept on a bit nationally.... but equally he’s not at Wagner-level play yet.

Geathers seems very highly regarded by two FOs now, and I’m not quite sure why. Sure he’s been injured, and he’s not exactly bad when he plays, but has never flashed. By all accounts though he’s a stand up locker room leader. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

The  context of the question depends on who is doing the rating. I think that Leonard still gets slept on a bit nationally.... but equally he’s not at Wagner-level play yet.

Geathers seems very highly regarded by two FOs now, and I’m not quite sure why. Sure he’s been injured, and he’s not exactly bad when he plays, but has never flashed. By all accounts though he’s a stand up locker room leader. 

I think that's its, hes a great guy and does all the right things.....I also think hes had so many injuries its helped him get a much longer leash and more excuses made for his poor play at times.

His reputation is based off two plays, that hit on Freeman, as was mentioned earlier, and that big 4th down stop he made against Tennessee a few years ago. They were both great plays where the play was right in front of him and all he had to do was react. That's his strong suit. 

But anytime he has to read a play, hes late. Hes really bad tackling in space and his coverage skills are hit and miss.

I think Ballard is quite aware and is looking for an upgrade, but feels Clayton is adequate for the time being due to his character.

My other candidate is Ebron. For all his TDs last year, he still makes those disappointing plays like dropping an easy TD last week and provides nothing in terms of blocking. Good player, but not nearly as good as people think.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Yep...if we are using this for as a measure...a case could be made for a dozen or more.

2 hours ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

I thought “overrated” meant that the person gets hyped up but has yet to back up the hype?  How is Viniteri overrated, are you basing this just on the last game? He has years upon years of solid, game winning plays that more than backs up any hype put out about him. He has earned whatever money he is getting paid now due to what he has contributed. Yes he sucked in that last game and maybe some rare isolated incidents over the years... but no way would I ever call him overrated. Just running out of steam maybe? That’s not the same as overrated.

Vinny's FG percentage has dropped from around 95 to 85 percent in the last 2 years if my memory serves me correctly per JMV. If he misses vs TN ballard will be looking if he isn't already. 

28 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

And being captain reflects you as a leader not as best player.  For example Gary bracket was the defensive captain for years but freeney and Mathis were much better players.

Exactly

2 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Vinny's FG percentage has dropped from around 95 to 85 percent in the last 2 years if my memory serves me correctly per JMV. 

Yes

3 hours ago, Introspect said:

I cheer for the guy but you're right... And he was made a captain wth

Im guessing they made him captain to boost his confidence? Really need him to be a beast with the lack of experience behind him but agree he is most over rated. As for Leonard, teams know that they have to get a body on him, every play, its our job to do something about that so he can use his instincts, speed, etc. He is really good.

31 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

I think that's its, hes a great guy and does all the right things.....I also think hes had so many injuries its helped him get a much longer leash and more excuses made for his poor play at times.

His reputation is based off two plays, that hit on Freeman, as was mentioned earlier, and that big 4th down stop he made against Tennessee a few years ago. They were both great plays where the play was right in front of him and all he had to do was react. That's his strong suit. 

But anytime he has to read a play, hes late. Hes really bad tackling in space and his coverage skills are hit and miss.

I think Ballard is quite aware and is looking for an upgrade, but feels Clayton is adequate for the time being due to his character.

My other candidate is Ebron. For all his TDs last year, he still makes those disappointing plays like dropping an easy TD last week and provides nothing in terms of blocking. Good player, but not nearly as good as people think.

All fair commentary in my book, I like Enron a lot, and I’m really glad he’s got a home here after the crap he got in Detroit. But... he’s doesn’t have the consistency of a true great IMO. Good player, great guy but doubt replicates last year.

However as we are talking overating, doubt many had him down as doing this anyway. 

• Thanks 1

No doubt it is Kelly.
 Ryan Kelly. Yes it hurts when he is out because of the lack of a quality backup.
 He is an above average player, but NOT a one of the Best in the NFL. 
  And Autry was getting great hype coming into the season.
 He got it handed to him against the Chargers. By mid-season we will see how his production has been. I expect it to be a noticeable drop off from last season.

8 minutes ago, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

Im guessing they made him captain to boost his confidence? Really need him to be a beast with the lack of experience behind him but agree he is most over rated. As for Leonard, teams know that they have to get a body on him, every play, its our job to do something about that so he can use his instincts, speed, etc. He is really good.

Geathers leadership skills are top notch. What he went through last year to just play was seen by the entire team. The guy is a tough dude. That’s why he is a captain. We will see if his play improves this year since he is healthy.

1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

Sometimes i think some of these posters have never watched a game in their lives.

I do.

Heres one for ya......: Andrew Luck.

Kinda surprising how we all (most of us anyway) have seemingly moved on from A.L. , a so-called "generational talent".

Funny how a well-built total team will change your perspective.

I believe it is very possible that Luck retiring may prove to be good for the team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1