Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adam Vinatieri (Merge)

chad72

2 minutes ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

You can wear your blue glasses and accept your excuses and be happy with your participation trophy

Being a fan of a team means your a fan during the good times and the bad times. one of the best players we have ever had is not having a great season so your ready to throw him under the bus or else you won’t be a fan anymore... that’s not being a fan that’s called being a whiny *... so move on and go  pollute another teams message board with your whiny, entitled, * nonsense. you Band wagon fan!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

It’s foolish to put all the blame on Adam but it’s also foolish to excuse Adam because others made mistakes.

If vinny makes that kick what’s the chances we win the game ??? Better than 90%+??? I’d definitely say so, so put that amount on him, he could have, and he should have made his kicks, he’s paid nicely to do so. If you honestly believe vinny gives us the best chance to win that game then I need what your taking...

id rather have gone for that 4th down even in vinnys supposed field goal range just because he has shown too much instability at the position to warrant the trust that is put into him at this point.

Laces, not laces. Holder spinning not spinning. Vinny has been very inconsistent for the past 10 games. Trust in Adam is minimal at this point, especially outdoors.

Thanks for the memories but I truly hope him and his crew aren’t needed to win anymore games this year

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

You guys are all a bunch of band wagoners. It’s obviously not Vinny’s fault. If he wouldn’t have missed 30% of his field goals and been just as bad on his extra points you guys wouldn’t even want to cut him. He won a Super Bowl with us 15 years ago so he is above criticism. Besides, if he were 20 years younger, aimed it right, and that ground not been in the way he’d have made it.

Obviously there are no other kickers that aren’t already on a roster that can make extra points so we we might as well roll with him the rest of the year and just go for two and every fourth down. 

And don't forget going for it on 4th down insyead of a 53 yrd FG

19 minutes ago, egg said:

With all do respect, I think you are misusing the word "lazy".

Please know that I meant no personal disrespect.  I just think it's lazy analysis to think "we lost by 2 points and Vinny missed a kick, so it's his fault we lost".  There are a thousand factors that go into winning or losing a game.  Let's say Brissett didn't get hurt and the Colts put up 45 points, but Vinny missed 3 kicks.  Would we still be so mad at Vinny?  A win or loss is never fully dependent on 1 play.  If the defense played better, if Hoyer didn't throw a pick 6, if those brutal penalties on Leonard and Okereke weren't called, maybe we wouldn't even be in the position where we need Vinny to make a last minute field goal and we wouldn't be so mad at Vinny or blame him for a win or loss.  It's a team game.  If the OL gave Brissett/Hoyer more time in the pocket, maybe we would have won by 10+ instead of losing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

If vinny makes that kick what’s the chances we win the game ??? Better than 90%+??? I’d definitely say so, so put that amount on him, he could have, and he should have made his kicks, he’s paid nicely to do so. If you honestly believe vinny gives us the best chance to win that game then I need what your taking...

id rather have gone for that 4th down even in vinnys supposed field goal range just because he has shown too much instability at the position to warrant the trust that is put into him at this point.

What if Hoyer doesn’t throw that pick or Leonard doesn’t commit the stupid penalty before halftime that gave them a gift three points?

Thats my point you can’t put all the blame on one guy.  

With that said and like I also said you can’t excuse Adam’s struggles because of it.  So I don’t think I said Adam was blameless.  I am just saying it’s not as simple as saying it’s all on one guy.  If you do that nothing else that was a problem gets fixed.

As for Adam he was also a problem.  He needs the same attention.

20 minutes ago, colts_100nascar17fan said:

It would b very ignorant to say av should still b on the team.  From xtra points to fg from any range there literally is just as good of a chance at missing than making,,thats unacceptable. I know u wont find a justin tucker on the street but u have to move on,I mean what if he missed a fg or xtra point that was the difference between in or out of playoffs?

He may have, already.

1 minute ago, HectorRoberts said:

Being a fan of a team means your a fan during the good times and the bad times. one of the best players we have ever had is not having a great season so your ready to throw him under the bus or else you won’t be a fan anymore... that’s not being a fan that’s called being a whiny *... so move on and go  pollute another teams message board with your whiny, entitled, * nonsense. you Band wagon fan!

I think many of us are fans in spite of vinny, one player (who I think needs to be replaced pronto) or at the very least limited to his number of kicks. I however am a fan because of vinny, and this poor year on him doesn’t change that, he’s the best kicker we’ve ever had and this year won’t change that nor would another bad year, he is the GOAT at that position but I do say it’s time we move on. 

11 minutes ago, Detectacon said:

Let me ask all of you "It's not Vinny's fault" people one question. What plays do you remember from the Pats first two super bowl wins? I will answer for you.

Vinny making game winning field goals. So if all you can remember about those games is those field goals, how can you not say the game comes down to the kicker? 

These losses where he missed field goals are on him. I rest my case. 

If the OL gave Brissett/Hoyer more time today, we wouldn't have even been in the position to need Vinny to kick a last minute field goal.  If the refs didn't call those phantom penalties on Leonard and Okereke, we wouldn't have been in that position.  If Hoyer doesn't throw that brutal pick 6, we wouldn't have needed a last minute field goal.  Just because people remember that one play, doesn't mean that's what really gives you a win or loss.  Vinny didn't play well, so I'm not saying he's infallible.  But to blame him for the entire loss is unreasonable

9 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

This guy knows about kicking and holding.   He called it immediately

I love how much McAfee respects and cares about Vinny.  Even on his show, he always talks so highly of Vinny and you can tell he has the utmost respect for Vinny.  True brothers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

What if Hoyer doesn’t throw that pick or Leonard doesn’t commit the stupid penalty before halftime that gave them a gift three points?

With that said and like I also said you can’t excuse Adam’s struggles because of it.

The plays that proceeded vinnys game winning kick aren’t relevant, they are in the past at that point, not sure why people don’t see that from my perspective because it doesn’t matter Hoyer threw a pick 6 anymore, it’s irrelevant to vinny just making a relatively easy kick for the win. I don’t see how they are connected, you can play the “well had we not had that we’d be up and vinnys kick isn’t relevant” card, sure, but IT DID HAPPEN and we were faced with making one play to win the game, our kicker failed, he lost the game, Hoyers pick 6 didn’t lose us the game, it contributed to the overall outcome of the game right up until we had the ball in our hands with the opportunity to just make a kick, that’s on vinny, not on anyone else.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Detectacon said:

Let me ask all of you "It's not Vinny's fault" people one question. What plays do you remember from the Pats first two super bowl wins? I will answer for you.

Vinny making game winning field goals. So if all you can remember about those games is those field goals, how can you not say the game comes down to the kicker? 

These losses where he missed field goals are on him. I rest my case. 

I guess you did not watch the Charger game he gave away 8 points 

3 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

Oh but I obviously can't be mad about glaring shortcomings and obvious bonehead decisions about depending on a 40+ year old player that is over the hill you pathetic homer.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

With that said and like I also said you can’t excuse Adam’s struggles because of it.

I think that's the proper way to look at it.  For this thread we're talking specifically at AV's performance.  He had a job to do to kick the final FG.  He failed to do so, bottom line.

Blame anyone you want to, but AV failed to properly adjust for the bad snap/hold.  We have seen bad snaps before and kickers have made the FG.  Vinny is losing it and needs to be replaced with the best available option out there.  I don't really care if that person is not seen as "good" as AV at this point.  I'm just ready to move on and give someone else a chance.  Save Vinny from himself and give us another chance to find a kicker that can kick an extra point with some sort of accuracy.

3 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

If the OL gave Brissett/Hoyer more time today, we wouldn't have even been in the position to need Vinny to kick a last minute field goal.  If the refs didn't call those phantom penalties on Leonard and Okereke, we wouldn't have been in that position.  If Hoyer doesn't throw that brutal pick 6, we wouldn't have needed a last minute field goal.  Just because people remember that one play, doesn't mean that's what really gives you a win or loss.  Vinny didn't play well, so I'm not saying he's infallible.  But to blame him for the entire loss is unreasonable

If, if, if....the bottom line is that it is his job to make field goals and "IF" he had done his job (multiple times this year) we would have won this game. The only reason anyone is making excuses for him is because of his history with the team. People are thinking with their hearts and not their heads at this point. If if was any other kicker everyone would be calling for him to be cut. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I think that's the proper way to look at it.  For this thread we're talking specifically at AV's performance.  He had a job to do to kick the final FG.  He failed to do so, bottom line.

Blame anyone you want to, but AV failed to properly adjust for the bad snap/hold.  We have seen bad snaps before and kickers have made the FG.  Vinny is losing it and needs to be replaced with the best available option out there.  I don't really care if that person is not seen as "good" as AV at this point.  I'm just ready to move on and give someone else a chance.  Save Vinny from himself and give us another chance to find a kicker that can kick an extra point with some sort of accuracy.

And I am not going to say Adam was blameless because he wasn’t.  He is a major issue at this point that has to be looked at but some are acting like he was the only thing to go wrong today and that’s hardly the case or worse yet that since Adam screwed up those other things don’t matter.  That’s my only point.

3 minutes ago, Detectacon said:

If, if, if....the bottom line is that it is his job to make field goals and "IF" he had done his job (multiple times this year) we would have won this game. The only reason anyone is making excuses for him is because of his history with the team. People are thinking with their hearts and not their heads at this point. If if was any other kicker everyone would be calling for him to be cut. 

Not yet.  I think at this point he's playing out his last year, at least his last year on the Colts.  I think folks already know he won't be back next year and just don't want to hear the tirade against him whenever he happens to miss one

2 minutes ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

Oh but I obviously can't be mad about glaring shortcomings and obvious bonehead decisions about depending on a 40+ year old player that is over the hill you pathetic homer.

You can be mad, we are all mad that we lost... but you’re the one who said “if he’s here next week I’m done...” so please be done. If your fan hood  relies on us keeping our future hall of fame player then your not a true fan and you need to move on. So if me rooting for my team no matter who is on the field makes me a “pathetic homer” then I’m alright with that. Have fun on your band wagon.

• Like 1

Terrible game all around. I'm definitely not jumping on the "Vinny is done, replace him" wagon though. Colts definitely need to be looking at a long-term replacement for him, but I'm not gonna go out there and call saying he needs to be released. Remember that Vinny isn't the only thing that went wrong against PIT today.

1 minute ago, Detectacon said:

I agree that he didn't play well, but you can say the bolded for multiple units.  Let's take a look at the three losses this year.

San Diego - the defense gives up 300+ rush yards, 3 pass TDs, and 100+ rush yards to San Diego, but no one seems to want to put any blame on them for the loss and everyone blames Vinny.  To use your own quote, if the defense had done their job, we would have won that game

Oakland - Defense gives up 150+ rush yards, Marlon Mack rushes for less than 40 yards on 11 carries, but no one wants to rip Mack or the defense for that loss.

Pittsburgh - OL can't stop the pass rush, defense can't stop Pittsburgh's running game, but everyone wants to blame Vinny.  If the OL or defense does their job, we would have won this game

It's a team game.  Vinny had a bad game and has been having a really bad season, but it never falls on 1 player for a win or loss

8 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

The plays that proceeded vinnys game winning kick aren’t relevant, they are in the past at that point, not sure why people don’t see that from my perspective because it doesn’t matter Hoyer threw a pick 6 anymore, it’s irrelevant to vinny just making a relatively easy kick for the win. I don’t see how they are connected, you can play the “well had we not had that we’d be up and vinnys kick isn’t relevant” card, sure, but IT DID HAPPEN and we were faced with making one play to win the game, our kicker failed, he lost the game, Hoyers pick 6 didn’t lose us the game, it contributed to the overall outcome of the game right up until we had the ball in our hands with the opportunity to just make a kick, that’s on vinny, not on anyone else.

If you are looking at why they lost the game and want the Colts to get better and not just looking to slam Adam they are very relevant.  They could bring Justin Tucker in to kick and cut Adam tomorrow and If you ignore the poor line play, the three turnovers, and, the stupid penalty before halftime the Colts are going to lose a lot of games that you can’t put on the kicker.

so while it’s 100% fair to say hey Adam is a major problem and that the Colts need to look into replacing him it becomes unfair to say all the other mistakes are irrelevant because Adam missed again.  Just as it would be unfair to say the Colts screwed up in other areas so Adam’s misses are irrelevant.  It’s possible to have more than one thing that needs to be addressed at a time.

4 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

You can be mad, we are all mad that we lost... but you’re the one who said “if he’s here next week I’m done...” so please be done. If your fan hood  relies on us keeping our future hall of fame player then your not a true fan and you need to move on. So if me rooting for my team no matter who is on the field makes me a “pathetic homer” then I’m alright with that. Have fun on your band wagon.

Stupid is as stupid does wether its you or me

5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I agree that he didn't play well, but you can say the bolded for multiple units.  Let's take a look at the three losses this year.

San Diego - the defense gives up 300+ rush yards, 3 pass TDs, and 100+ rush yards to San Diego, but no one seems to want to put any blame on them for the loss and everyone blames Vinny.  To use your own quote, if the defense had done their job, we would have won that game

Oakland - Defense gives up 150+ rush yards, Marlon Mack rushes for less than 40 yards on 11 carries, but no one wants to rip Mack or the defense for that loss.

Pittsburgh - OL can't stop the pass rush, defense can't stop Pittsburgh's running game, but everyone wants to blame Vinny.  If the OL or defense does their job, we would have won this game

It's a team game.  Vinny had a bad game and has been having a really bad season, but it never falls on 1 player for a win or loss

Don't you find it amazing that several other players can have bad games (Rock Ya-Sin last week) and we will still win....but when Adam has a "bad game" we always lose? You can spout all of this "team game" stuff all you want. I will agree with you on every other position. The kicker is brought in to kick. He is not involved in the team game in any other way.  He couldn't do his job. We lost. Period. 

4 minutes ago, Detectacon said:

Don't you find it amazing that several other players can have bad games (Rock Ya-Sin last week) and we will still win....but when Adam has a "bad game" we always lose? You can spout all of this "team game" stuff all you want. I will agree with you on every other position. The kicker is brought in to kick. He is not involved in the team game in any other way.  He couldn't do his job. We lost. Period. 

The OL didn't do their job.  Castonzo and Smith gave up plenty of pressure.  The defense didn't do their job either.  Why are we saying this game is 100% on Vinny when multiple other units didn't play well?

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

If you are looking at why they lost the game and want the Colts to get better and not just looking to slam Adam they are very relevant.  They could bring Justin Tucker in to kick and cut Adam tomorrow and If you ignore the poor line play, the three turnovers, and, the stupid penalty before halftime the Colts are going to lose a lot of games that you can’t put on the kicker.

so while it’s 100% fair to say hey Adam is a major problem and that the Colts need to look into replacing him it becomes unfair to say all the other mistakes are irrelevant because Adam missed again.  Just as it would be unfair to say the Colts screwed up in other areas so Adam’s misses are irrelevant.  It’s possible to have more than one thing that needs to be addressed at a time.

Hey fellow fan I respect your opinion sincerely, and while I whole heartedly agree there were obvious other problems that definitely need to be addressed. I think the only difference or opinion between us is that I believe we lost this game because vinny missed his kick. He makes that kick we win plain and simple. He makes it we win because of him, he missed so we lost because of him.  Now if we never end up in position to make a relatively normal kick for the win then I’d say we lost because a lot of variable other combined reasons, but when it’s on the kicker to win the game it’s on him.

Just now, Happy2BeHere said:

Hey fellow fan I respect your opinion sincerely, and while I whole heartedly agree there were obvious other problems that definitely need to be addressed. I think the only difference or opinion between us is that I believe we lost this game because vinny missed his kick. He makes that kick we win plain and simple. He makes it we win because of him, he missed so we lost because of him.  Now if we never end up in position to make a relatively normal kick for the win then I’d say we lost because a lot of variable other combined reasons, but when it’s on the kicker to win the game it’s on him.

Yes and I am not taking any blame away from Adam.  I am just saying let’s not just excuse everything else because of Adam.  

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

The OL didn't do their job.  Castonzo and Smith gave up plenty of pressure.  The defense didn't do their job either.  Why are we saying this game is 100% on Vinny when multiple other units didn't play well?

Because despite all of that, we would have VERY LIKELY won this game if he had made it. It's not that difficult to understand. But it's obvious you and I will have to agree to disagree on this one. 

I mean no disrespect to Vinatieri, but it's time to move on. If Ballard and Reich are serious about wanting this team to compete they need to pull the trigger and sign a new kicker. Vinatieri has shown 10 times this season that he is no longer consistent enough to be a starting kicker. Yes he is the GOAT but all great things come to an end at some point. He is hurting this team more than he is helping them. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

I have seen too much if this hanging on to players too long. Wasting a roster spot on Bob Sanders to play 2 or 3 games a year instead of a fullback to score a TD when its 1 and goal at the 4 but have to kick a FG instead, and lose the game by 2 points. Playing cover 2 and allowing a team to march down the field and win the game with a FG as time expires. Dumb butt penalties that extend drives. Choking kickers. I've had enough. You sound like you should be a Browns fan

Just now, Barrdaddy said:

I mean no disrespect to Vinatieri, but it's time to move on. If Ballard and Reich are serious about wanting this team to compete they need to pull the trigger and sign a new kicker. Vinatieri has shown 10 times this season that he is no longer consistent enough to be a starting kicker. Yes he is the GOAT but all great things come to an end at some point. He is hurting this team more than he is helping them. 

I am not sure if there is a kicker out there that would be better but I absolutely think they need to find out.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

I have seen too much if this hanging on to players too long. Wasting a roster spot on Bob Sanders to play 2 or 3 games a year instead of a fullback to score a TD when its 1 and goal at the 4 but have to kick a FG instead, and lose the game by 2 points. Playing cover 2 and allowing a team to march down the field and win the game with a FG as time expires. Dumb butt penalties that extend drives. Choking kickers. I've had enough. You sound like you should be a Browns fan

I’m sure I do sound like a browns fan. they also support their team during the good times and the bad times. they don’t cry and whine and quit on their team because of one player being on the team. You’re just proving your point that you’re not a real fan.

8 minutes ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

I agree Vinateri is not what he use to b.  However,u would rather cut  guy and replace him with somebody on the streets? They r not signed for a reason.  Trust me this is Vinnys last year.  We just have to move along.

1 minute ago, HectorRoberts said:

I’m sure I do sound like a browns fan. they also support their team during the good times and the bad times. they don’t cry and whine and quit on their team because of one player being on the team. You’re just proving your point that you’re not a real fan.

And you happily accept what the team puts on the field and if they can put butts in the seats why try to improve when they have sheeples

3 minutes ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

And you happily accept what the team puts on the field and if they can put butts in the seats why try to improve when they have sheeples

Alright calm down.

Another poster brought up a good point. We did bring in some kickers a few weeks ago. We didn’t move on them. Maybe we do it again.

Either way it’s just a game. I was mad for all of ten seconds. Ultimately your lives or livelihood don’t fall on the outcome of this game.

• Thanks 1