Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adam Vinatieri (Merge)

chad72

5 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

No, not at all. Vinny has one single job to do and he failed his part. That game was there to take. Don’t defend a guy who has shown he is failing his job several attempts now. He is just like N unreliable RB with fumbling issues and needs to be cut. It’s time, it’s past time. Way past time. 

I'm not saying its not past time. But you just can't cut a guy without a replacement. Unfortunately you can't predict human error or evaluate it. As the saying goes "* Happens" . 

8 minutes ago, egg said:

Colts with a kicker who can make 43 yd field goals would be 7-1.

Colts with AV are 5-3.

With all due respect, that's lazy analysis.  While I do think the Colts should look at possible replacement for Vinny, the game never falls on 1 player.  The OL couldn't block today.  Hoyer threw a brutal pick 6.  None of that is Vinny's fault.  Let's not blame Vinny for 2 losses this year when it comes down to the entire team performing or not

• Thanks 1

Everyone can keep saying that we lost this game because of all these other plays, well that’s crap to say the least. We lost this game because our kicker can not do his job well enough to be a professional kicker anymore plain and simple. He cost us the chargers game plain and simple and he cost us the Steelers game plain and simple.

someone saying we lost because of other things is irrelevant at this point, make the kick despite all the other garbage and we likely unequivocally win this game. Bottom line. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

Not that many of you need help looking like fools but

CC2-F65-EB-5179-43-D8-9665-8078-A367-F19

“But but but but! He kicked the ground!”

He was waiting on Rigo to turn the damn thing like he’s supposed to. When he just sat there with the laces in like a wall-eyed cat his hesitation turned into bad mechanics. It’s one problem causing another. 

The entire place kicking team has been a fiasco. Vinny, Sanchez holds, and especially Rhodes's snapping. Horrible this year in large part. 

Father time always wins. AV's career is over, time to move on. We should be 7-1 right now. We lose by 2 and he missed an extra point, that's one and that forced us to go for two, that's two. If he makes his PATs at worse we're playing overtime.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

With all due respect, that's lazy analysis.  While I do think the Colts should look at possible replacement for Vinny, the game never falls on 1 player.  The OL couldn't block today.  Hoyer threw a brutal pick 6.  None of that is Vinny's fault.  Let's not blame Vinny for 2 losses this year when it comes down to the entire team performing or not

With all do respect, I think you are misusing the word "lazy".

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

The entire place kicking team has been a fiasco. Vinny, Sanchez holds, and especially Rhodes's snapping. Horrible this year in large part. 

You know, there really hasn’t been enough attention paid to Rhodes snaps, I’ve noticed plenty of them haven’t been as crisp as you’d like to see. There’s some legs there and it’s probably worth looking into. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Not that many of you need help looking like fools but

CC2-F65-EB-5179-43-D8-9665-8078-A367-F19

“But but but but! He kicked the ground!”

He was waiting on Rigo to turn the damn thing like he’s supposed to. When he just sat there with the laces in like a wall-eyed cat his hesitation turned into bad mechanics. It’s one problem causing another. 

Psst. That’s cuz it’s paused. 

• Like 1

Just now, Happy2BeHere said:

Everyone can keep saying that we lost this game because of all these other plays, well that’s crap to say the least. We lost this game because our kicker can not do his job well enough to be a professional kicker anymore plain and simple. He cost us the chargers game plain and simple and he cost us the Steelers game plain and simple.

someone saying we lost because of other things is irrelevant at this point, make the kick despite all the other garbage and we likely unequivocally win this game. Bottom line. 

The thing about football is you win as a team and LOSE as a team. I am sure nobody here is more of a critic then AV is on himself.

Just now, Happy2BeHere said:

Vinny was far from the only problem today. Both of our feet are full of self-inflicted gunshot wounds.

Football is the ultimate team sport.  And games are 60 minutes long.

It would b very ignorant to say av should still b on the team.  From xtra points to fg from any range there literally is just as good of a chance at missing than making,,thats unacceptable. I know u wont find a justin tucker on the street but u have to move on,I mean what if he missed a fg or xtra point that was the difference between in or out of playoffs?

1 minute ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Thank you!!!

The entire reason the NFL kicker position exists is for extra points when we do score touchdowns and for field goals when the team comes up short. His job is to make field goals. When he misses it's on him. It's not on the rest of the team for not getting touchdowns. It is his job to kick. Period. 

• Like 1

Watching Vinnys locker room interview he is taking full blame and not throwing anybody under the bus or making excuses. Even though he could. He is a real PRO. He is upset but as a stand up man his shoulders are big enough and thats the thing about football and most of the athletes that play football.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, luv_pony_express said:

Vinny was far from the only problem today. Both of our feet are full of self-inflicted gunshot wounds.

Football is the ultimate team sport.  And games are 60 minutes long.

Yep it’s a team game, but despite having played 59 minutes the plays that proceeded the kick to win the game aren’t relevant at the juncture when you just need a kick to take a lead and in all probability win. So again, cry about the 100+ plays we could have done better on it came down to one play needed to win, simple, and as a team our kicker does not give our team the best chance to win games, he sadly just doesn’t anymore; no bigger fan of Vinny I believe that that of myself but we put our team in rough spots each and every time vinny walks onto that field. It really is the first time in forever that game after game after game I am fearful when vinny takes the field this year. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, strt182 said:

Watching Vinnys locker room interview he is taking full blame and not throwing anybody under the bus or making excuses. Even though he could. He is a real PRO. He is upset but as a stand up man his shoulders are big enough and thats the thing about football and most of the athletes that play football.  

Not surprising from Adam.

1 minute ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Yep it’s a team game, but despite having played 59 minutes the plays that proceeded the kick to win the game aren’t relevant at the juncture when you just need a kick to take a lead and in all probability win. So again, cry about the 100+ plays we could have done better on it came down to one play needed to win, simple, and as a team our kicker does not give our team the best chance to win games, he sadly just doesn’t anymore; no bigger fan of Vinny I believe that that of myself but we put our team in rough spots each and every time vinny walks onto that field. It really is the first time in forever that game after game after game I am fearful when vinny takes the field this year. 

It’s foolish to put all the blame on Adam but it’s also foolish to excuse Adam because others made mistakes.

Just now, John Waylon said:

Not only is it clear after this that a bunch of you don’t know as much about football as you’d like to claim, but it’s also clear that a bunch of you never watched Ace Ventura in its entirety. 

And now the rest of us have to suffer as a result. :facepalm:

The laces being in didn’t cause him to kick too soon, he did the samething vs Miami last year as well.  Something is going on with Adam.  I don’t know if it’s in his head or age or a little bit or both but he hasn’t been the same since about the last quarter of last season.  There is too much evidence there to just ignore no matter how much you like Adam.  

• Like 1

Let me ask all of you "It's not Vinny's fault" people one question. What plays do you remember from the Pats first two super bowl wins? I will answer for you.

Vinny making game winning field goals. So if all you can remember about those games is those field goals, how can you not say the game comes down to the kicker? 

These losses where he missed field goals are on him. I rest my case. 

• Like 2

You guys are all a bunch of band wagoners. It’s obviously not Vinny’s fault. If he wouldn’t have missed 30% of his field goals and been just as bad on his extra points you guys wouldn’t even want to cut him. He won a Super Bowl with us 15 years ago so he is above criticism. Besides, if he were 20 years younger, aimed it right, and that ground not been in the way he’d have made it.

Obviously there are no other kickers that aren’t already on a roster that can make extra points so we we might as well roll with him the rest of the year and just go for two and every fourth down. 

• Like 1