Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adam Vinatieri (Merge)

chad72

He has to be cut on Monday, has to. What message does it show that any player can keep missing their assignments and still be your starter? It’s more real now, he lost a game for you and he lost your team first place in the division. If he doesn’t go, it shows a weakness of both Reich and CB that they will stand for mediocrity on the team. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Look, I don't trust Vinny much either, but the laces were in. Not many kickers are gonna make that at all.

His foot dug into the ground....that's why he missed so badly...maybe seeing the laces freaked him out......greatest of all time has to do better

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

If he is still playing next week im done

Unfortunately, one person on a website means nothing. It will take an absolute uproar imho to make that evident that the fan base is tired of this passive approach to holding players of choice accountable. Should have won this game and even after all the mistakes, Vinny couldn’t hit a FG that 85% of any other nfl kicker would have hit blindfolded. 

2 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

I think it’s the holder and snapper. At least has something to do with it. It’s not all on Adam. 

I do believe, regardless of laces, he chunked the dirt before hitting the ball. Vinny is through the wall of over the hill. Cut him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Laces out don’t cause you to miss that badly cut it out

If you watch the replay he dug into the ground too soon.  He did the samething vs Miami last year.  NFL level kickers don’t do that once let alone twice inside of a calendar year.  Again, I don’t know if there is a better kicker out there right now but the Colts have to find out.

3 minutes ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

come on man... you cost me 4500$ in betting with that missed kick... cut the old man

Hopefully this is a joke , however word of thumb never bet more then you are willing to lose. Just like loaning family money.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, strt182 said:

The game should have never come down to the kick anyways. 

This was a team loss with the helps of the boys in stripes.

No, not at all. Vinny has one single job to do and he failed his part. That game was there to take. Don’t defend a guy who has shown he is failing his job several attempts now. He is just like N unreliable RB with fumbling issues and needs to be cut. It’s time, it’s past time. Way past time. 

Not that many of you need help looking like fools but

CC2-F65-EB-5179-43-D8-9665-8078-A367-F19

“But but but but! He kicked the ground!”

He was waiting on Rigo to turn the damn thing like he’s supposed to. When he just sat there with the laces in like a wall-eyed cat his hesitation turned into bad mechanics. It’s one problem causing another. 

• Like 4