Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brock Osweiler Visted the colts

12 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

THATS the $64000 Question

(Can I still use that after the show has been off the air for 25 years?)

If Briskett is 15th we need to build the team around him

If Briskett is 30th we need to develop someone else

Look at the next few games as Brisketts JOB INTERVIEW

Does he have the talent to be a good starter in the NFL...... its really yet to be determined

He has the skills to be "that guy" He appears to have the leadership ability to be "that guy".......

I continue to think he is a very good prospect

However......... the time to dance.... is NOW, for JB

If he doesnt pass the muster.......  (4-5 weeks in), I want to see Chad Kelly get the chance

I'm with you.  He has many of the qualities to be a very good QB.   He also has the tools with this team (O-line, WR's, TE's).   He's been on the team a couple years.   Has worked with the #1 unit this year.  

"passing the muster" is a tough one.   I think he starts until the team looks to be out of playoff contention or he just looks bad in the games.   If he is throwing for 58% completions with a 2 to 1 TD/INT ration, I would continue to start him even if the team is losing.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

Let's pose the questions this way:

Would you rather lose the game with Osweiler or Walker? 

Osweiler has a .500 overall W-L record.

So would you rather lose the game with Walker or have a coin flip chance with Osweiler.

Osweiler isn't quite good enough to be a starting QB, but as a backup, he's actually one of the less terrible otions.

Chad Kelly is a project.  No one is denying the obvious talent but people are kidding themselves about the significance of the head component and the fact that Kelly's got a lot of work to do in that area.

The arm is there.  The talent is there.  The experience would theoretically come.  But if you ignore maturity and character you get johnny Manziel.

I want Kelly to have at least several months of evaluation before he gets anywhere near the starting job.  Ideally I want a year to see how his maturity issues grade out this year and talk about moving him into a position of serious responsibility in future seasons.

14 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Chad Kelly is a project.  No one is denying the obvious talent but people are kidding themselves about the significance of the head component and the fact that Kelly's got a lot of work to do in that area.

The arm is there.  The talent is there.  The experience would theoretically come.  But if you ignore maturity and character you get johnny Manziel.

I want Kelly to have at least several months of evaluation before he gets anywhere near the starting job.  Ideally I want a year to see how his maturity issues grade out this year and talk about moving him into a position of serious responsibility in future seasons.

Your points are GOOD

But.......

Lets say that we go 8-8....... very real possibility, and Briskett is lackluster, also a possibility

(I hope he is better)

If you dont at least TRY Kelly at some point during the season, in that case, with the number 1s,  you dont know what you have

Do you draft a QB with 1st pick in 2020, without knowing what you have with Kelly?

To me, we will know quickly if Briskett is the long term answer...... maybe 8 games

IF he isnt the guy, we have actually nothing to lose.......  Let Kelly play QB for a month 

If he isnt the guy either, you draft Fromm (Or someone who hasnt shown yet in the middle of round 1, or get creative and trade up.

To me.... if the season is lost anyway.......  you try to see what you have

If he is a flaming wienie, he gets canned immediately

10 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

I agree with you, but it shouldn't include being behind Walker.   Ideally being 3rd behind Luck and Brissett would have been ideal this season.  Unfortunately Luck quit so we are in a bind now.  I wouldn't feel bad if he was put into the #1 backup role.  With a good O-line now, Brissetts chances of injury are down quite a bit.  Best case scenerio would be Brissett starting every game this season and Kelly being the backup for the year to learn.    

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

Your points are GOOD

But.......

Lets say that we go 8-8....... very real possibility, and Briskett is lackluster, also a possibility

(I hope he is better)

If you dont at least TRY Kelly at some point during the season, in that case, with the number 1s,  you dont know what you have

Do you draft a QB with 1st pick in 2020, without knowing what you have with Kelly?

To me, we will know quickly if Briskett is the long term answer...... maybe 8 games

IF he isnt the guy, we have actually nothing to lose.......  Let Kelly play QB for a month 

If he isnt the guy either, you draft Fromm (Or someone who hasnt shown yet in the middle of round 1, or get creative and trade up.

To me.... if the season is lost anyway.......  you try to see what you have

If he is an *, he gets canned immediately

It's tough (especially after last season) to pull the starter when you are .500.   The playoffs are still the goal.  I think Ballard will have a good idea of what they have in Kelly even if he doesn't start games.  I fear that Brissett will play decent but not great.  Then he'll want big $$ to sign next season and Ballard will feel that having him is better than drafting a QB.   

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

It's tough (especially after last season) to pull the starter when you are .500.   The playoffs are still the goal.  I think Ballard will have a good idea of what they have in Kelly even if he doesn't start games.  I fear that Brissett will play decent but not great.  Then he'll want big $$ to sign next season and Ballard will feel that having him is better than drafting a QB.   

The contract next year for Briskett will be VERY TOUGH  

If they make it to playoffs, does he expect to get 30M per year???

Dak is asking for 40M...... He is a game manager, with a strong running game and good defense

He is mobile but not an accurate QB

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Does Kelly have a history of troubling behavior or just the issue from last year?  I have only followed him since his arrival here and don't know.

Manziel was acting up in college, before his first training camp, and beyond.  I certainly agree that Kelly needs to prove his trustworthiness but a single incident does not necessarily define a person of poor character.

The way I see it Brissett is the de facto #1 QB and the starting job is his. He will/should remain the starter as long as he plays to the satifaction of the coaches.  If he fails to deliver, you bench him and go with the best option available.  If Kelly hasn't had any behavior issues, and he's the best QB option you play him.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Turftoe said:

Does Kelly have a history of troubling behavior or just the issue from last year?  I have only followed him since his arrival here and don't know.

Manziel was acting up in college, before his first training camp, and beyond.  I certainly agree that Kelly needs to prove his trustworthiness but a single incident does not necessarily define a person of poor character.

The way I see it Brissett is the de facto #1 QB and the starting job is his. He will/should remain the starter as long as he plays to the satifaction of the coaches.  If he fails to deliver, you bench him and go with the best option available.  If Kelly hasn't had any behavior issues, and he's the best QB option you play him.

Chad Kelly definitely has a history of repeated behavior issues.  He has a lot of talent, but he has been a knucklehead.  So far Kelly seems to be toeing the line and staying out of trouble.  If he continues to show that he has matured, then he could become a good NFL Qb.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

The contract next year for Briskett will be VERY TOUGH  

If they make it to playoffs, does he expect to get 30M per year???

Dak is asking for 40M...... He is a game manager, with a strong running game and good defense

He is mobile but not an accurate QB

If Brissett has a decent season and we make the playoffs, I think he'll be looking for $$ in the $30 million range.   We'll be in a similar situation as the Cowboys.   Dak has played good enough that he is better than what's available on the free agent market or at where the Cowboys draft.   It could be the same with the Colts next season.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

I'd take my chances with Kelly before I put Osweiler in. Reich has said he's been a model citizen. 

26 minutes ago, Turftoe said:

He sure does. (Do a search and you'll find it.) That is the only reason he was not drafted higher. IIRC, he was dis-invited to the Combine.

Many Vikes fans , including myself, wanted the team to draft him in the 6th or 7th rounds despite his off-the-field troubles. 

• Like 1

I know it was against backups but Kelly has a knack for moving the ball down the field. His drives usually end in 3 or 7 points consistently. This not just random luck. I hope they give him a long look against Cincy. I bet he puts up at least 3 scores. He knows what hes reading out there and hes aggressivr about hitting the open target. And when no one is open he has that great foot speed that extends plays. I think he may be faster than Luck. Honestly a lot of his style reminds me of Luck. Kelly also needs to learn how to slide.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Assuming you're talking about CK... Why? He's looked much more comfortable and in command than Walker. He will have had more time in the O than someone else that we might pick up off the street. Yes, he's gone up against lower tier players, but he's also had lower tier players on his side of the ball supporting him as well. 

Many reasons, beginning with maturity. Kelly reportedly wasn’t invited to the combine because of his “off-field issues,” which he has had quite a few of.
He's also had ACL and wrist surgeries. Definitely trying to dig out of Mr. Irrelevant status.

'Kelly’s career got started at Clemson, where he signed in 2012 as a four-star recruit and the nation’s No. 5 dual-threat quarterback, per the 247Sports Composite. Kelly was battling for the starting quarterback job with Cole Stoudt and five-star freshman Deshaun Watson.

According to The Post and Courier's Aaron Brenner, during the 2014 spring game, Kelly spent the second half yelling at coaches. He ended up being dismissed by the Tigers.'

He went to 'Ole Miss, had good year. However:

'Chad Kelly returned to Ole Miss as a senior to win the Heisman Trophy, compete for a national title and elevate his stock for the NFL Draft.

Instead, the former Rebel wasn’t even among the top quarterbacks in the land for 2016, let alone worthy of college football’s most prestigious individual award. Mississippi fell to 5-7 and didn’t qualify for a bowl game.'

As a result, Kelly dropped in the draft all the way to No. 253 overall — the final selection, as a matter of fact — in Round 7 to the Denver Broncos. Projected by some draftniks as a potential first-round pick prior to last season, he’ll now forever be associated with one of the most dubious nicknames in sports: “Mr. Irrelevant.”

Then the list of red flag off field issues. I need to see some maturity and development, both on and off the field, before I put my trust in the guy.  And that isn't happening while he serves his NFL suspension.  He has talent, but there are many former NFL players that had talent that don't fulfill their promise.  I hope, in time, Chad does achieve his lofty ceiling without any encumbrances. And if it is with the Colts, great.  But for now, I'm pumping the brakes some. See if a decent backup QB with real NFL game experience materializes and get him in while the develop CK.

13 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

Brady was in his 2nd year & I’m sure no one thought he was ready.  Yet he had a great team around him & he was able to ease his way into greatness.  Maybe CK can do the same???

Brady was squeaky clean, worked his tail off.  Was also with the Pats team for over a year  before Bledsoe got hurt and he took over. Charlie Weiss said they knew he had the 'it' factor (it's why the Pats kept 4 QB's that year) 

https://www.americaninno.com/boston/tom-brady-draft-pick-in-2000-also-when-patriots-kept-four-quarterbacks-on-the-roster-brady-6-video/

but he needed lots of development. That is why Weiss created a 'safe' and somewhat conservative playbook/scheme for him in his early years, adding to it and opening it up as he grew. Tommy (as Charlie still calls him) has a big chip on his shoulder and just outworks everybody (except Peyton, they were likely the same guy but in different locker rooms). Chad is not squeaky clean, and hasn't been with the Colts for a season yet.  Not ready.

If it weren't for Kelly's history, people would be excited.  He looks pretty damn good.  If he were a 3rd round pick with no past, people would be jumping up and down.  In a vacuum, if I were shown Brissett's and Kelly's film, I would say go with Kelly.

I have to say it would be interesting to go from the the two #1 picks, the two golden boys, to Mr. Irrelevant, a guy who was sleeping in his mom's basement a few months ago.

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Appreciate you stepping up and saying it straight out.

I know you know Brock is one of the most polarizing and unpopular QB's (to fans) in the NFL.

Interesting to me that we brought him in yesterday,  and let him leave.    Don't know if we extended an offer and it was rejected?     Or,  we didn't like what we saw of him?    Either way,  every day we don't sign another QB makes it feel less likely that we will since it will likely be for only two days....

Recent report states they also brought in Matt Cassel and Brandon Weeden. I'd rather have Brock, easily, but evidently they're considering several options. And maybe they're giving Walker one more shot at keeping his spot, depending on how he plays tonight. 

But also, like Stitches says, Ballard doesn't rush, even when it's seemingly urgent. This being a short week, followed by a ten day stretch of preparation for Week 1, I think they can take a couple days to evaluate and put together a plan of action. 

Also, from a technical standpoint, if you sign a veteran now and keep him through Week 1, his salary is fully guaranteed for the season. If you sign a veteran after Tuesday of next week, his salary is not fully guaranteed. I assume we're thinking about vet minimum for anyone that does get brought in, so I figure that's not a big consideration, but I just wanted to mention it.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

We had the QB with an incompetent GM who provided a cruddy oline and defense around him that broke him physically and mentally.....

That same 'healthy' QB with this GM would win the Superbowl.

Maybe, maybe not. Woulda, coulda, shoulda don't mean a thing.  There is a cost to elite talent - you can't afford a deep roster.  That's likely a reason so many "good, but not great" QBs have been on SB winning teams.

49 minutes ago, Superman said:

Also, from a technical standpoint, if you sign a veteran now and keep him through Week 1, his salary is fully guaranteed for the season. If you sign a veteran after Tuesday of next week, his salary is not fully guaranteed. I assume we're thinking about vet minimum for anyone that does get brought in, so I figure that's not a big consideration, but I just wanted to mention it.

I was thinking that. Vested veterans on the roster get their full year salary guaranteed at game one. Waiting past the roster deadline, checking the cut FA lists, and the other teams P.S. guys then then signing one just means a weekly paycheck is sent.  That gives flexibility to keep them, or release them as necessary with minimal financial impingement.

Here is my QB depth chart currently on roster

1. Jacoby Brissett

2. Chad Kelly

3. Phillip Walker

Regular Season QB Depth Chart

1. Jacoby Brissett

2. QB to be named

3. Chad Kelly

In a perfect world, I would keep CK until JB proves himself as the #1 and/or the spot is needed

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I know it was against backups but Kelly has a knack for moving the ball down the field. His drives usually end in 3 or 7 points consistently. This not just random luck.

But there is that other side, Jaws mentions it here-

“The lineage is good from Jim Kelly as part of the bloodlines, but he was very inconsistent in college. I saw some unbelievable throws that projected well to the NFL, but then I saw some throws that were head-scratchers, some decision-making (issues) and some inaccurate throws.”

He was not invited to the combine, and missed most of his pro day too. (off field issues and ACL / wrist injuries)

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I hope they give him a long look against Cincy. I bet he puts up at least 3 scores. He knows what hes reading out there and hes aggressivr about hitting the open target. And when no one is open he has that great foot speed that extends plays. I think he may be faster than Luck. Honestly a lot of his style reminds me of Luck. Kelly also needs to learn how to slide.

Luck ran a 4.67, I believe.  Kelly, I think, has been clocked at 4.76 in the 40 yard dash.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Recent report states they also brought in Matt Cassel and Brandon Weeden. I'd rather have Brock, easily, but evidently they're considering several options. And maybe they're giving Walker one more shot at keeping his spot, depending on how he plays tonight. 

But also, like Stitches says, Ballard doesn't rush, even when it's seemingly urgent. This being a short week, followed by a ten day stretch of preparation for Week 1, I think they can take a couple days to evaluate and put together a plan of action. 

Actually,  the last paragraph,  to me,  is a filled with great information.    And considering how Ballard has viewed paying players who sign late,  like Inman,  signed to a veterans minimum contract prorated to the remaining games left in the season,  I'd speculate the idea of signing someone as a backup after next Tuesday is the BIGGEST consideration.    I think it's an EXCELLENT point.     Even with a mountain of Cap Space,  Ballard is still hyper-sensitive about spending at this time of year.     I'm sure there's a method to his madness,   but I'd guess this is THE issue.   

Thanks for bringing it up.     :thmup: 

14 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

We had the QB with an incompetent GM who provided a cruddy oline and defense around him that broke him physically and mentally.....

That same 'healthy' QB with this GM would win the Superbowl.

But's and if's... does it matter anymore? Luck seems to have gotten hurt doing something other than football this time around for sure.  We know 100% that no one on the Colts caused it.  There is plenty of reason to speculate if the shoulder was football related as well.  In which case this is all solely on Luck.  Additionally, people keep saying "he had a kidney laceration that he played through" but that isn't the story.  Sure, he got hit and it got lacerated.  I have had a kidney laceration as well.  Guess what?  It doesn't hurt.  Yes, it is dangerous and damaged and had to heal, but he finished the game unaware until later it was damaged.  Every player in the NFL that plays is playing hurt after game one.  By the end of the season they are often very banged up and in pain game after game.  College players experience the same things.  So it isn't unusual that he played through it.  The O Line sucked like about half of them do.  This is an obvious league wide problem.  Kids in college don't often play pro style against top tier opponents so they either dominate their opponents easily 8 of 11 games, or the schemes are such that they don't have to maintain blocks as long so they never learn how to play properly.  If they played against top talent 90% of the time like the NFL, they'd learn.  And if they had to practice twice as much and twice as long as they once did, at least early in their career, they'd be more prepared.  But they keep negotiating less practice and now teams like the Rams barely practice at all.  

But Luck is a memory and Brissett is the now.  If he sucks, bringing in guys like Osweiler, who have their own issues, is the best we can do because let's face facts.. Luck screwed everyone waiting til now, fans, team, coaches, GM etc.  So we take what we can get, be glad our back up isn't much much worse as in past years, and see if the rest of the team can come through.  I'd be happy with a competitive team that is in games all season.  A winning record would be wonderful.  Sniffing or getting in the playoffs is a lot to expect but if Brissett exceeds expectations, we may yet have something to look forward to on Sundays around here.  If not, the Pacers start in October.  

13 hours ago, DerekDiggler said:

Name a team he would have started for

Miami... you asked for one, I gave you one. 

5 hours ago, Myles said:

That seems very high.

That's because from about 10 on down there is very little difference.  I don't see him as worse than 10 other starting QB's.  And I see very little difference outside of team personnel and coaching past the top half.  Do you think there's much difference?  Since some are challenging me to name even 1 worse starting QB, I will ask you, do you think we are getting the #1 pick next year?  I don't think we'll be anywhere near it.  With a completely dysfunctional team/coach/gm and zero prep Jacoby still finished above 2 other teams.  Luck was top 3, the drop off after about 8 is tremendous.. after 15 is enormous and I see little to no difference between his talent and bottom half QBs.  I only see differences in the other team personnel and coaching/GMs.  

Guess we'll soon see.  I only saw Luck winning 9-10 games with this schedule (as did Vegas).  So if Jacoby can keep us from losing 11 games he's met or exceeded expectations by the league.  I think he can keep us around .500, not more than 2 games off of Luck.  Our schedule was easy last year and we won 10.  This year our division has the toughest road.  If he could win 8 I think that would be impressive.  9 could win us the division or wildcard if the AFC South beat each other up.  10 would be like Luck played.  6+ would beat Vegas expectations.  Now more than ever this is a team record, not a top tier QB achievement.  

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Actually,  the last paragraph,  to me,  is a filled with great information.    And considering how Ballard has viewed paying players who sign late,  like Inman,  signed to a veterans minimum contract prorated to the remaining games left in the season,  I'd speculate the idea of signing someone as a backup after next Tuesday is the BIGGEST consideration.    I think it's an EXCELLENT point.     Even with a mountain of Cap Space,  Ballard is still hyper-sensitive about spending at this time of year.     I'm sure there's a method to his madness,   but I'd guess this is THE issue.   

Thanks for bringing it up.     :thmup: 

I'm thinking about the potential of carrying three QBs all year, and in that case, I would think that a fully guaranteed, one year minimum deal isn't a major consideration. But if they are only thinking about having another vet on the roster for a limited time, then the prorated contract is a factor.

And yes, I was thinking of Inman as well. Though that was a very different circumstance, obviously.

6 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

THATS the $64000 Question

(Can I still use that after the show has been off the air for 25 years?)

If Briskett is 15th we need to build the team around him

If Briskett is 30th we need to develop someone else

Look at the next few games as Brisketts JOB INTERVIEW

Does he have the talent to be a good starter in the NFL...... its really yet to be determined

He has the skills to be "that guy" He appears to have the leadership ability to be "that guy".......

I continue to think he is a very good prospect

However......... the time to dance.... is NOW, for JB

If he doesnt pass the muster.......  (4-5 weeks in), I want to see Chad Kelly get the chance

Chad has been playing against 3rd and 4th team players mostly.  Even in the Chicago game it was 2nd team and lower.  We haven't seen him play #1 talent.  I hope we don't get a chance because Jacoby plays so well.  Leaders don't let "Denver" happen.  We have leaders on Offense across the line, TE'S and Hilton.  Maybe that would be enough.. 

I agree he looked the best during PreSeason, just no apples to apples comparisons talent wise.  SD was going to be a longshot to win with Luck.  Any idea our hopes now?  I am more concerned week 2 against TN.  That will be key.  

26 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'm thinking about the potential of carrying three QBs all year, and in that case, I would think that a fully guaranteed, one year minimum deal isn't a major consideration. But if they are only thinking about having another vet on the roster for a limited time, then the prorated contract is a factor.

And yes, I was thinking of Inman as well. Though that was a very different circumstance, obviously.

I agree, I would be fine with Osweiler for a year AND Walker/Kelly at the same time.  Our 53rd player is usually never suited up.. having options all season at QB seems a better use of spot 53.  

4 hours ago, krunk said:

I know it was against backups but Kelly has a knack for moving the ball down the field. His drives usually end in 3 or 7 points consistently. This not just random luck. I hope they give him a long look against Cincy. I bet he puts up at least 3 scores. He knows what hes reading out there and hes aggressivr about hitting the open target. And when no one is open he has that great foot speed that extends plays. I think he may be faster than Luck. Honestly a lot of his style reminds me of Luck. Kelly also needs to learn how to slide.

he was sliding pretty well from what I seen in the bears game he broke off a run and juked a defender and then slid it was a beautiful play lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

I agree, I would be fine with Osweiler for a year AND Walker/Kelly at the same time.  Our 53rd player is usually never suited up.. having options all season at QB seems a better use of spot 53.  

Yes, especially since only 46 can dress each week, 7 have to sit out.  I'll bet one guy might rarely, if ever, dress... depending upon roster health.  If depleted, they'll all dress at some point.

14 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

Chad has been playing against 3rd and 4th team players mostly.  Even in the Chicago game it was 2nd team and lower.  We haven't seen him play #1 talent.  I hope we don't get a chance because Jacoby plays so well.  Leaders don't let "Denver" happen.  We have leaders on Offense across the line, TE'S and Hilton.  Maybe that would be enough.. 

I agree he looked the best during PreSeason, just no apples to apples comparisons talent wise.  SD was going to be a longshot to win with Luck.  Any idea our hopes now?  I am more concerned week 2 against TN.  That will be key.  

By that same token, we havent seen what Kelly can do with OUR #1s... the starting O-line, WRs, TEs and RB etc... He has more talent than a lot of QBs taken in the first round of most drafts... it's just a matter of if he has matured as a person, because as a player, he has a ton of potential.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, coltsblue1844 said:

By that same token, we havent seen what Kelly can do with OUR #1s... the starting O-line, WRs, TEs and RB etc... He has more talent than a lot of QBs taken in the first round of most drafts... it's just a matter of if he has matured as a person, because as a player, he has a ton of potential.

High Risk, high reward poster boy.  He's running out of chances to hit the 777 jackpot though.

Former NFL QB Ron Jaworski, now an analyst for ESPN, assessed the risk involved in drafting the ex-Rebel, saying there are several things for teams to consider before picking the mercurial quarterback.

“Some of the experience with Chad Kelly is not good — the transferring and things like that, off-the-field issues and now you’ve got an injury on top of that,” Jaws told Saturday Down South. “The lineage is good from Jim Kelly as part of the bloodlines, but he was very inconsistent in college. I saw some unbelievable throws that projected well to the NFL, but then I saw some throws that were head-scratchers, some decision-making (issues) and some inaccurate throws.”

All that said, Jaworski still thinks Kelly will go a little bit higher than his current NFL.com projection, which has him listed as a Round 5-6 target.

“I think he’s a guy that, fourth or fifth round, teams will take a chance on and see if he can mature into an NFL quarterback,” he said.

Kelly was Mr. irrelevant. Last in round 7.  Kelly with #1's going against NFL #1's will be like his senior season, sped up.  He'll have to be accurate against the best pressure, and make good/smart decisions.  He hasn't has not learned or experienced that, yet.  Maybe in time, if he keeps his head.

In the interim, I've heard Charlie Weiss and Bill Parcells (Jordan Palmer) really like Jacoby Brissett.

21 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

he was sliding pretty well from what I seen in the bears game he broke off a run and juked a defender and then slid it was a beautiful play lol

on occasion he slides, but then there's other plays where he runs right into the crowd trying to get the first down.  I think I saw him do it when he was with Denver also.