Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pelissero: Colts getting calls/could be active in trade market

Fisticuffs111

2 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

Nonsense! We keep our better players, more promising players. Let them have Pascal, Rogers or both. PR is not that tough. You can probably train the zoo orangutan to return punts.

There's a fine line between experience and promising. We have an abundance of Xs, so I'd be fine with Pascal, Johnson, or Hogan leveraged for a trade. We don't have an abundance of tradition slots. Really only Rogers and Campbell, and Campbell has been out most of camp so far. At Z, you really only have TY and Fountain. Hart and Ishmael are out or hurt, and Veasy is likely one of the first cuts.

And Punt return isn't an easy position. Unless you want a guy to fair catch it every punt. Throw a guy back there that mishandles a few punts and the board will go bonkers.

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I would think Doyle would never be on the trade block.

I don't either given his history and that he's from Indy. I do think he'd be open to it for a multi year deal with guarantees.

Right or wrong, given his age and injury issues last year, he's trending down vs Ebron and Alie-Cox. I definitely want Ebron back, and Alie-Cox has performed very well and has great upside.

And, both are already top 15 money. They were higher but newer contracts have pushed them down to 12th and 13th highest paid. You know Ebron is going to want top 10 money, if not top 5. I don't really want to pay 2 guys top 15 money. And if Alie-Cox has a good year, he'll be in for a nice raise. At least he's an ERFA.

1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

When is the last time the Colts had an ABUNDANCE of capital at WR, CB, and OL?  NEVER is the correct answer. 

Interesting if true.

Although its probably just an offer of a VERY late round pick for a bubble guy or to get a probable-cut guy before the cuts.

The Eagles seem to call us ever year.

Maybe Ballard and Dorsey can get together this week and help each other.

Dorsey seems to win every trade. Ballard might get fleeced.

The bottom roster guys aren't going to net any picks (Johnson, Collins, Hairtson, Pascal, Hogan, etc.). Those guys might net another bottom roster player though.

They would probably have a tought time getting better than a 6th for Cain or Fountain. 

If we are talking about picks...we are probably talking about trading Wilson to accomodate Rock. Or maybe Rogers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

Nonsense! We keep our better players, more promising players. Let them have Pascal, Rogers or both. PR is not that tough. You can probably train the zoo orangutan to return punts.

Although having hands the size of pie pans would allow the 

orangutan to field punts effortlessly, the bow legged running

style would not yield enough YAC to make the final 53.

4 hours ago, shastamasta said:

The bottom roster guys aren't going to net any picks (Johnson, Collins, Hairtson, Pascal, Hogan, etc.). Those guys might net another bottom roster player though.

They would probably have a tought time getting better than a 6th for Cain or Fountain. 

If we are talking about picks...we are probably talking about trading Wilson to accomodate Rock. Or maybe Rogers.

You might indeed be right about not getting any picks for our lesser players....   Entirely possible.

But I wouldn't rule out getting 7's for some of them....    and given Ballard showed what he could do last year with 7's for Adams and Franklin,  I think he'd take that....

7 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

I wouldn’t mind HH being stashed on the PS he seems to be a Jack Doyle clone I can see him replacing Jack eventually. 

You just called Hentges our future starting tight end.    Was that deliberate?

Based on being a free agent,  having a good camp,  and..................  what else?

We have Ebron.    We have Allie Cox.    And you're thinking Hentges is our future starter?

Wow....................

dorsey is a wheelin dealin kind of guy. i am not sure the kind of depth the colts have. dorsey has been active in OL, DT, TE  if there was a trade with the browns it would be more than likely in those areas.

what areas are the colts looking to bolster? i read a report about how the browns have lik 8 WR that will more than likely be on a 53 man roster. if they trade they can spare some bodys at WR.

I like the OL depth we have, and it can dwindle on a moment's notice if last year's injuries to Ryan Kelly and Castanzo are an indication, so I wouldn't personally deal any OL. 

Our WRs - we need every single one of them to get through pre-season. If we cut them and someone picks them up, so be it but we have to see their development through pre-season with a 2nd year in the system for most of them to retain the best among them because we will be playing some real good offensive teams and 3 former MVPs in one division (NFC South). 

Hairston was a Pagano era pick, Quincy Wilson - I can see that too if the price is right. CB seems to be the logical choice.

Get a 3-technique or NT in exchange for a CB, I am fine with that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, brownsfan4life said:

dorsey is a wheelin dealin kind of guy. i am not sure the kind of depth the colts have. dorsey has been active in OL, DT, TE  if there was a trade with the browns it would be more than likely in those areas.

what areas are the colts looking to bolster? i read a report about how the browns have lik 8 WR that will more than likely be on a 53 man roster. if they trade they can spare some bodys at WR.

colts are crowded at WR, we had two late round picks last year that are starting to look like they will be good.  we also drafted one in the second this year and brought in a 10 million$ free agent.  plus we have TY Hilton

2 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

The advantage of a trade is you can determine your trade partners. Would hate to see Mo Allie-Cox, Fountain or Cain in a Patriots uniform.

Fountain and Cain are looking too good to give up for late picks, i hope we keep both 

Allie-Cox does seem like a Patriot now that you mentioned it.  NO WAY Ballard would let him go there lol

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

We are probably getting calls about Cain and Fountain...and probably zero calls for Rogers and Pascal.

I think teams view Cain and Fountain as having upside, and are two players that would likely have multiple claims filed towards if we were to waive them (although I don't think we waive Cain).  So calling about them to offer a pick makes sense.  Rogers is a possibility too.

I can also see Quincy Wilson being called about.

14 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Wouldn’t it be funny with all concern over Luck we traded Brissett. Showing there really is no concern.

Colts wouldn't trade the likely week 1 starter, unless Kelly beats out Brissett. (Which based on the Brissett's efforts in the first game wouldn't be impossible)

If you trade Brisset and Luck isnt ready or is and gets banged up who comes in week 1 or 2 ? Phillip Walker ? Cant be Kelly obviously since he is suspended for those games. No way Brissett going anywhere now come trade deadline if Luck is fully healthy and Chad has been staying out of trouble a very real chance Jacoby goes somewhere.

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Based on being a free agent,  having a good camp,  and..................  what else?

We have Ebron.    We have Allie Cox.    And you're thinking Hentges is our future starter?

Wow....................

Hentges is our 4th TE FB-HB role like Hewitt probably his blocking and showing he can catch the ball too that makes him a guy that has a lot of value to this team. Is he a future starter at just TE way too early to tell maybe once Jack Doyle and Ebron are gone maybe but not now for now he would be our 4th TE should we keep 4.

Could see them calling about Geathers too.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Wow....................

I understood it that we don't HAVE Ebron for 2020. And he is not at all as complete as Doyle is. I get what the poster was intending. He is saying the kid shows promise as an all-around TE. So he could compete for a lot of snaps someday. 

13 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

Football backups must be pretty sad then. 

Try trading him and see what we get...we would be lucky to get a late 3rd rounder which is where he was drafted.

Getting a 3rd round pick for Brissett would be a pretty good return.   That is more than any other back up QB would bring.  

7 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

Let's have a garage sale for our extra football players (smh).

Keep in mind that we're talking about people and their professional lives here.

thats the business.  they make a lot of money to put up with stuff like this

i wouldnt like it at my job, but if they paid more than the average person makes in 10 years i would deal with it

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Myles said:

Getting a 3rd round pick for Brissett would be a pretty good return.   That is more than any other back up QB would bring.  

I would probably take that in a heartbeat...even with the Luck situation. I am sure it's a hot take...but I don't have much faith that Brissett can execute Reich's offense to a level that will win many NFL games...especially with the schedule. You can just see it...the lack of touch on passes...underthrown passes.

• Like 1

Players I'd be fine with trading. Picks or OT

Brissett - give me a 3rd or 4th and I'd be happy happy happy

Pascal - just don't think we'd get much

Travis - I just don't think we need to carry 4 TEs if Doyle is healthy. Keep HH on the PS

Either SAM (Adams or Franklin) - we don't use SAM a lot. Okereke and Speed can shift

Turay - has looked mediocre. Green is rising a bit.

Collins - stock is dropping

Kindred - I have no idea why we're having him play FS. He's a box S.

Players I don't want to see go, but could see it happening

Rogers - doubt it happens with Campbell hurt

Hairiston - with Rock rising, and Tell looking better than I thought...

Hunt - if Stewart continues to rise into that #2 NT spot

5 hours ago, aaron11 said:

Fountain and Cain are looking too good to give up for late picks, i hope we keep both 

Allie-Cox does seem like a Patriot now that you mentioned it.  NO WAY Ballard would let him go there lol

i have no idea why hes even being brought up as a trade candidate Mo isnt going anywhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Irish YJ said:

Hairiston - with Rock rising, and Tell looking better than I thought...

I forgot about Rock and Tell.

I'd think Quincy Wilson has more trade value than Hairston.  Wilson was touted as a top 50 pick heading into the draft and seems like the type where teams would try to develop that talent over a guy like Hairston, whom they would simply wait to be cut, IMO.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I forgot about Rock and Tell.

I'd think Quincy Wilson has more trade value than Hairston.  Wilson was touted as a top 50 pick heading into the draft and seems like the type where teams would try to develop that talent over a guy like Hairston, whom they would simply wait to be cut, IMO.

Wilson definitely has more value IMO, but I'd prefer to hang on to him.

48 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

i have no idea why hes even being brought up as a trade candidate Mo isnt going anywhere.

no he's not. stock rising, will be easier and cheaper to re-sign than Ebron or Doyle. 

IMO, he's long term, and likely our future TE1 down the road.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

no he's not. stock rising, will be easier and cheaper to re-sign than Ebron or Doyle. 

IMO, he's long term, and likely our future TE1 down the road.

I agree the guy has enormous potential hes prolly the best blocker of the 3 already and his hands are the biggest in the whole league hes only getting better every year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

I understood it that we don't HAVE Ebron for 2020. And he is not at all as complete as Doyle is. I get what the poster was intending. He is saying the kid shows promise as an all-around TE. So he could compete for a lot of snaps someday. 

The poster didn't say he could compete for a lot of snaps someday.

The poster called Hentges our future starting tight end.

There's a big difference in those two statements.

7 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I agree the guy has enormous potential hes prolly the best blocker of the 3 already and his hands are the biggest in the whole league hes only getting better every year.

He (MA-C) whiffed big time blocking vs the Bills. Not sure if that's an anomaly or not, but IMO, Doyle is the best blocker.

Next year will be very interesting with all three our top 3 guys up for contracts. I really don't see all 3 being back. I'd bet on 2 of the 3. I'd bet more on MA-C being back than the other two. I'd try to extend him now while he's cheap. He could really blow up this year, especially if Doyle struggles with injury again.

What a great "problem" to have right now, trading from a position of strength to hopefully fill a position of need!??!

2017 at the end of camp Ballard traded Dorsett for Brissett - we had decent depth in TY, Moncrief, Aiken and Rogers and got the better of the deal IMHO

2018 at the end of camp Ballard traded Daniels for Johnson - we had great depth at TE and got a decent WR in return IMHO

Brings us to 2019.....

Positions of "need" perhaps? Another NT type big body? Another OLineman? Another RB?

Conditional draft picks?

Who "could" be traded?

Kindred?

Farley?

Hairston?

Collins? 

Ward?

Phillips?

Fountain?

Pascal?

Rogers?

Johnson?