Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pelissero: Colts getting calls/could be active in trade market

Fisticuffs111

43 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

He (MA-C) whiffed big time blocking vs the Bills. Not sure if that's an anomaly or not, but IMO, Doyle is the best blocker.

Next year will be very interesting with all three our top 3 guys up for contracts. I really don't see all 3 being back. I'd bet on 2 of the 3. I'd bet more on MA-C being back than the other two. I'd try to extend him now while he's cheap. He could really blow up this year, especially if Doyle struggles with injury again.

Doyle's injury history is exactly why I think Mo is gonna be a key piece for us. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Doyle's injury history is exactly why I think Mo is gonna be a key piece for us. 

This year is going to be huge for Doyle, and his future with the Colts. With his age, you can't just look at last year as a "blip". If he comes back strong and performs the entire year, it will be hard for the FO to let him go. If he struggles again, I think they either move on, or give him a significantly reduced offer to stay. Every player has an "age" where their body just doesn't hold up and recover like it used to. 

If I were to put money on which TE will be with the Colts in 5 years, I'd be all in on Mo.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Irish YJ said:

This year is going to be huge for Doyle, and his future with the Colts. With his age, you can't just look at last year as a "blip". If he comes back strong and performs the entire year, it will be hard for the FO to let him go. If he struggles again, I think they either move on, or give him a significantly reduced offer to stay. Every player has an "age" where their body just doesn't hold up and recover like it used to. 

If I were to put money on which TE will be with the Colts in 5 years, I'd be all in on Mo.

Well Doyle is almost 30. So yes that would be a pretty good guess. Mo also isn’t that young. He is just slightly younger then Ebron.

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Well Doyle is almost 30. So yes that would be a pretty good guess. Mo also isn’t that young. He is just slightly younger then Ebron.

Mo is only 25, but even younger in FB years. Keep in mind Mo's body didn't start playing FB and taking punishment until 2017.

10 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Nobody is mentioning Funchess as trade bait. Think he would bring more than Cain or Fountain and I don't think he has as much upside.

At minimum he's going to be a RZ monster, and great short yardage threat at big/bully slot.

He may not be a great all around X, but I'm not sure that's why Ballard went after him anyway.

At worst, he'll be a gateway for a year that allows Cain to get healthy and take his time.

All in all, I don't see Ballard trading anyone in the 2 deep. And Funch is definitely in the 2 deep.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

At minimum he's going to be a RZ monster, and great short yardage threat at big/bully slot.

He may not be a great all around X, but I'm not sure that's why Ballard went after him anyway.

At worst, he'll be a gateway for a year that allows Cain to get healthy and take his time.

All in all, I don't see Ballard trading anyone in the 2 deep. And Funch is definitely in the 2 deep.

you are probably right but he has not performed as well as others. We lose the money whether he is here or not. If we trade him we could possible recover some of it,

30 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

you are probably right but he has not performed as well as others. We lose the money whether he is here or not. If we trade him we could possible recover some of it,

it would be pure silliness to go into this year with Cain and Pascal at X when there's an alternative. the only reason i'd trade Funch at this point was if AC got hurt and we got an OT for it. money is simply not a concern with out cap situation. we use the 2 deep X rotation a lot, and it also impacts slot. there's just not a lot of benefit if at all. 

On a lighter note and having some fun.  Jerry's had enough of Zeke's holdout.  He tried to sign Dak first and he turned down 30M a year!  Now he's going to cost even more and he still has Cooper to resign.  There is only so much money to spread around.  Damned if he's going to pay a running back a big time contract.  He's said it himself.  You don't need to overpay pay a RB. They can easily be replaced.  Zeke has value but he doesn't want to trade him in the conference.  So he calls the Colts and he's traded for Mack and our 1st pick.  Ballard also trades a WR and CB and acquires more picks giving him the ammo needed to move back into the first if he feels the need.  Coach gets his top five running game and the Colts go the SB and beat the Cowboys!  LOL  

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

On a lighter note and having some fun.  Jerry's had enough of Zeke's holdout.  He tried to sign Dak first and he turned down 30M a year!  Now he's going to cost even more and he still has Cooper to resign.  There is only so much money to spread around.  Damned if he's going to pay a running back a big time contract.  He's said it himself.  You don't need to overpay pay a RB. They can easily be replaced.  Zeke has value but he doesn't want to trade him in the conference.  So he calls the Colts and he's traded for Mack and our 1st pick.  Ballard also trades a WR and CB and acquires more picks giving him the ammo needed to move back into the first if he feels the need.  Coach gets his top five running game and the Colts go the SB and beat the Cowboys!  LOL  

Wouldn’t do it honesty a first for zeke yes but not mack and a first. Mack can and will be a 1,000 yard back behind this line I love zeke buttt

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Why would you give up a veteran for young guys that are unproven.

because I don't think the veteran is that good. I think the young guys will be better in the long run and I think we would be foolish to let them go. Funchess will be gone by next year unless he plays much better than he has in the past year. Carolina did let him walk for a reason.

19 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You just called Hentges our future starting tight end.    Was that deliberate?

Based on being a free agent,  having a good camp,  and..................  what else?

We have Ebron.    We have Allie Cox.    And you're thinking Hentges is our future starter?

Wow....................

I said he’s a Jack Doyle clone and I can see him eventually replacing Jack. Jack is not listed as the “starter” he shares snaps with Ebron situationally since we run a two TE well really a multiple TE system. He’s also dealt with a TON of injuries these past few seasons. I never said Hentges would be the “future starter” those are your words not mine. Do I think Hentges can develop? Absolutely. Jack Doyle didn’t really light up the NFL immediately he had developed over about 4-5 years and then he broke out. I don’t see why Hentges can’t have that same career development.

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The poster didn't say he could compete for a lot of snaps someday.

The poster called Hentges our future starting tight end.

There's a big difference in those two statements.

As I mention on my last post those are your word not mines, I never said that He was the Future starting TE, Jack isn’t even the starter. He shares that role with Ebron and truthfully Ebron was FAR more effective than Doyle was so I’d go as far as stating he’s the starter over him even though they both clearly “start”. I said that I could see Hentges replacing Doyle. Hentges has been touted as a Doyle clone. He could have the same career trajectory. I’m not understanding why you’re putting words in my mouth that I did not say. 

• Like 1

As the preseason moves along more teams are incurring injuries.  I've noticed a couple of starting CB's and S's since Pelissero's report.  Now starting LB Williamson of the Jets as well.  I have to believe Ballard will trade at least a CB as long as we don't lose one.  And there are many more preseason games to go.  

No way it's OL. There's very little depth there. With Fountain out, it's probably not going to be a WR, leaving CB as the option. Maybe Hairston?

Lol at the Turay suggestions. You really think Ballard would trade Turay in only his second year? Some of the takes here are really wild.

• Like 2