Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Possible 2nd Round Trade Down

TheMose

Would y’all take a trade from the Broncos if they wanted to move up to draft a guy like Drew Lock. Let’s say both their 2nd rounders this year. Don’t know if they points match up but if they really want their guy, doesn’t matter.

I would accept both of their seconds in a heartbeat. However, I really like the idea of getting a 2020 first and a 2019 third/fourth if we are going to trade down as well. 

Next years draft has a lot more of those "can't miss" players. 

• Like 1

I think Ballard will listen to all options there.  I wouldn’t be shocked to see him trade back again with the Broncos or someone else.

mike chappell was on twitter saying this could be like 2004 when the Colts traded back twice before getting Bob Sanders.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Even a Broncos 2nd and 3rd would be very good value for our No.34, IMO. I doubt the Broncos would give up a future pick.

Did I see something crazy like the Broncos drafting a QB in 5 of the last 6 drafts?  You would think a HOF QB in John Elway could pick a QB that can actually play.

3 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

Did I see something crazy like the Broncos drafting a QB in 5 of the last 6 drafts?  You would think a HOF QB in John Elway could pick a QB that can actually play.

He has missed ever since Peyton landed in his lap, helped him justify getting rid of Tebow.

Brock Osweiler, Paxton Lynch, Trevor Siemian and Case Keenum. So he went with the safe premise of going with the QB that last beat Brady in an AFCCG after Peyton, which would be Joe Flacco. :) 

Along those lines, I feel the Broncos will be the surprise wild card team of this year.

Yea I think the Broncos will hang on to their future picks but definitely think their 2 2nds or even their 3rd could be available. The value in the 2nd this year would make me take this in a heartbeat. Let’s just hope the Broncos like Lock as much as the media says they do

1 hour ago, TheMose said:

Would y’all take a trade from the Broncos if they wanted to move up to draft a guy like Drew Lock. Let’s say both their 2nd rounders this year. Don’t know if they points match up but if they really want their guy, doesn’t matter.

I'd be for it. Don't have to be this year's picks either. Future picks would be cool. I think the phinns could also be a trade partner AND their future picks could be gold.

I no longer think the question is....   WILL we trade back?    I think the answer is an overwhelming yes.

I think the only questions are....     how far back,  and how much do we receive.

I don't think anyone should be surprised if we move down.    I think this decision for Ballard is easy and obvious.   

Ballard wants more picks in this draft...   and he's going to get them.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Just a side note. The broncos have had lots of interest for Chris Harris. Maybe we move down to 41 and get Chris Harris plus maybe a future pick.

Chris Harris is not happening.

First, he reportedly wants $15 Mill per year.  

Second,  even if he didn't want that much,  his best position is in the slot where we have Kenny Moore, who's about to get a big contract of his own.    I'll predict roughly 3/25, near what Desir received.

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Chris Harris is not happening.

First, he reportedly wants $15 Mill per year.  

Second,  even if he didn't want that much,  his best position is in the slot where we have Kenny Moore, who's about to get a big contract of his own.    I'll predict roughly 3/25, near what Desir received.

Sounds like there is a lot more to why he wants out. Doesn’t sound like it’s just money

5 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

I'll be disappointed if I stay up watching again and Ballard trades back again. That's just me being selfish though. I suppose there are worse reasons to stay up and drink lol 

I know Ballard "loves them picks" so I won't be surprised. 

Well it starts at 7 and we are the second pick. You will know quickly if they do. We might even know before draft time. Unless they wait to see who AZ pics.

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I no longer think the question is....   WILL we trade back?    I think the answer is an overwhelming yes.

I think the only questions are....     how far back,  and how much do we receive.

I don't think anyone should be surprised if we move down.    I think this decision for Ballard is easy and obvious.   

Ballard wants more picks in this draft...   and he's going to get them.

Maybe we can get 10 6th and 7th round picks and some next year too....CB must think we don't need anything but camp bodies and is ready to roll with what we have...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

Maybe we can get 10 6th and 7th round picks and some next year too....CB must think we don't need anything but camp bodies and is ready to roll with what we have...

Huh?    WTH?

I'll put you down as not happy with last night's trade,  and not happy with the idea of trading down again....

So noted.

7 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

You didn't know that Ballard is actually Brad Pitt in the movie Moneyball!!!

19 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

17 minutes ago, aavmarine said:

Let's keep on trading back until all we have to draft are backup players. 

Extremely obtuse....

There is a limit to these trades and it ought to be with only getting picks in this draft, not next year. Some people on here think that we should trade #34 for a #1 next year. That really leaves the Colts with a seriously diminished return this year. Get a decent #2 and #3 from, say, the Broncos, and now you’re talking. It would fit what Ballard has been preaching: that the 2nd and early 3rd rounds are full of talent and value. 

• Like 1

With Deshaun Watson possibly getting banged up with their OL issues, Texans decide to trade Clowney to the Colts for pick No.34 and Jacoby Brissett (for insurance)

j/k j/k haha

33 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

I'll be disappointed if I stay up watching again and Ballard trades back again. That's just me being selfish though. I suppose there are worse reasons to stay up and drink lol 

I know Ballard "loves them picks" so I won't be surprised. 

It's not like last night where they only went through 1 round, & we only had 1 pick, & even with another trade back he'd only drop a few spots. I fully expect the Colts to draft 4 or 5 players today.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Extremely obtuse....

Don't get butt hurt from our comments. I'm just not liking how the off season went, or how this draft is potentially going, or what we are hearing so far. I don't like hearing Ballard say "There are still GOOD players out there for us.." I rather hear him say "There are still some great players out there, that can come in here, and make an immediate impact for this team!!" Not hear him joking about trading back again for future draft picks, that he might can use in off season trades, when we all know that the Colts won't pay crap to any elite players, even when they have the money. We could have easily done what Washington did with us, to move up a couple spots to get a great defensive players that would have came in here, and would have an immediate impact. I can see Arizona taking D.K. Metcalf with their 1st pick to go with the shiny new QB and Fitzgerald. Heck, Larry even made a commercial about him. Talk about karma.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aavmarine said:

Don't get butt hurt from our comments. I'm just not liking how the off season went, or how this draft is potentially going, or what we are hearing so far. I don't like hearing Ballard say "There are still GOOD players out there for us.." I rather hear him say "There are still some great players out there, that can come in here, and make an immediate impact for this team!!" Not hear him joking about trading back again for future draft picks, that he might can use in off season trades, when we all know that the Colts won't pay crap to any elite players, even when they have the money. 

What does the draft have to do with paying money?

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me!!! :) 

Jets give up future 1st and current 3rd rounder for pick No.34 :) 

We won't get both. We get either future 1st or their 3d and future 2nd IMO. 

Which one do you prefer? I think I would take the future 1st. 

1 minute ago, stitches said:

We won't get both. We get either future 1st or their 3d and future 2nd IMO. 

Future 1st any day. Adam Gase going nowhere with those Jets and overweight Le'Veon Bell. We'd be getting a Top 10 blue chipper most likely.

• Like 2