Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Possible 2nd Round Trade Down

TheMose

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

This is why I was so ticked last night. I was fine with trading out of the first. But not for what little return we got

Yeah, I would of thought we would of gotten 2 seconds and a 3rd/4th for dropping 20 spots. I guess the demand wasn't there at the time as much as it is now. 

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

This is why I was so ticked last night. I was fine with trading out of the first. But not for what little return we got

Yeah it did seem like very little. But I'm sure they took everything into consideration. Will still be a reasonably high pick next year and by all reports the 2020 class is deeper.

1 hour ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Oh man that'd be great if we get a legitimate market going for this pick. The Jets wanting to come up, teams possibly wanting to jump the Raiders if their interest in Lock is real.

If teams want to get in front of the Raiders wouldn't trading with Arizona make more sense?

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Huh? Explain please

Probably just based on them picking Jacobs and Abram, who the Colts like.

Doens't mean anything. If the Colts really liked Abram they would have just taken him at 26 before the Raiders got the chance. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Huh? Explain please

They appeared to take a lot of the players the Colts were rumored to be interested in.  I.e. Clelin Ferrell, Josh Jacobs, and Abram.   Now it’s rumored that they are among the teams also receiving lots of calls to trade back.  

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I no longer think the question is....   WILL we trade back?    I think the answer is an overwhelming yes.

I think the only questions are....     how far back,  and how much do we receive.

I don't think anyone should be surprised if we move down.    I think this decision for Ballard is easy and obvious.   

Ballard wants more picks in this draft...   and he's going to get them.

I going to bet the farm that we are trading back in the second round.  Someone will come calling for their pick.....

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TheMose said:

Would y’all take a trade from the Broncos if they wanted to move up to draft a guy like Drew Lock. Let’s say both their 2nd rounders this year. Don’t know if they points match up but if they really want their guy, doesn’t matter.

Ballard needs to start using his picks.  As he keeps trading back, the players keep getting worse and worse. Eventually, he has a whole lot of mediocre players who mostly don't make the team. We need quality not quantity.

I hope Ballard is not another trade-down junkie, because a load of 4th, 5th, and 6th rounders are no good to the team. I hope Irsay is watching him closely.

1 minute ago, CanuckColt said:

Ballard needs to start using his picks.  As he keeps trading back, the players keep getting worse and worse. Eventually, he has a whole lot of mediocre players who mostly don't make the team. We need quality not quantity.

I hope Ballard is not another trade-down junkie, because a load of 4th, 5th, and 6th rounders are no good to the team. I hope Irsay is watching him closely.

Or maybe he views this draft as weak and next years as really good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CanuckColt said:

He has 3 seconds this year...

3 hours ago, aavmarine said:

Don't get butt hurt from our comments. I'm just not liking how the off season went, or how this draft is potentially going, or what we are hearing so far. I don't like hearing Ballard say "There are still GOOD players out there for us.." I rather hear him say "There are still some great players out there, that can come in here, and make an immediate impact for this team!!" 

You're viewing this from the wrong perspective aavmarine. Those teams who can say on draft day that they drafted a great player who will come in and make an immediate impact are the bad teams of the NFL, who draft at the top. Those teams, who have to find gems amongst "good" players, and have trouble making space for all of their newly drafted players are the good teams of the NFL. The Colts were a bad team, and now they are a good team. So Ballard can't pick a Nelson any more, but he has to dig deeper. And then, whoever he picks, will have a tough job to make the roster, because the roster has quality and depth. Embrace this perspective, and you'll be immediately in better mood. ;)

• Like 1

I think Ballard trades 34 to either the Broncos or the Jets. I think would be happiest if he could keep trading back and own the whole 6th round. It's a proven fact that the higher the pick, the greaer percentage of hits. Not my words...Polians' words paraphrased. Getting a bunch of average pros vs real difference makers frustrates me. And Granted Ballard got Smith and Leonard in 2nd last year...but he also got Turay and Lewis and what difference makers were they? Even the previous GM had one good draft...but bombed out after that. I think that is totally possible with Ballard as he builds his Kansas City East. How many championships have the Chief won?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Mayock and the Raiders have seemed to be getting the jump on Ballard all last night.  It would be crazy if they make the big trade tonight instead of the Colts. 

Gee..   one team had three first round draft picks, the other had one.   And you think the team with three “got the jump” on the team with one. 

Goodness gracious...

Shaking my head....

5 minutes ago, ColtsAC said:

I think Ballard trades 34 to either the Broncos or the Jets. I think would be happiest if he could keep trading back and own the whole 6th round. It's a proven fact that the higher the pick, the greaer percentage of hits. Not my words...Polians' words paraphrased. Getting a bunch of average pros vs real difference makers frustrates me. And Granted Ballard got Smith and Leonard in 2nd last year...but he also got Turay and Lewis and what difference makers were they? Even the previous GM had one good draft...but bombed out after that. I think that is totally possible with Ballard as he builds his Kansas City East. How many championships have the Chief won?

Wow.    Just....   Wow. 

I’m practically speechless and that takes a lot.   

Sorry, but.....         :facepalm:

I suspect you’ll be disappointed tonight...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Gee..   one team had three first round draft picks, the other had one.   And you think the team with three “got the jump” on the team with one. 

Goodness gracious...

Shaking my head....

Huh?  It’s not the number of picks as much as who they took...all guys the Colts were rumored to be interested in. See my other post where I explained what I meant.    I didn’t really mean anything too serious with that post.  IMO...It just seemed like they were inside Ballard’s head last night.  At least in regards to the players that many of us thought he was interested in.  

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Huh?  It’s not the number of picks as much of who they took...all guys the Colts were rumored to be interested in.  I didn’t really mean anything too serious with that post.  IMO...It just seemed like they were inside Ballard’s head last night.  At least in regards to the players that many of us thought he was interested in.  

The only way they could take all those players that you think we wanted and get inside Ballard’s head is if they have those three picks!

They couldn’t do that if they only had one pick.    Just saying...

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

The only way they could take all those players that you think we wanted and get inside Ballard’s head is if they have those three picks!

They couldn’t do that if they only had one pick.    Just saying...

I believe they caused Ballard to have to cross several names off his list of 8. That’s what I’m saying. 

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Wow!   We did NOT make a trade.   I was wrong on that.   Here we go!

Rock Ya-Sin!   Corner!

Didn't see that coming!

Rock Ya-Sin! Whooo hooo! 

Raiders better not trade back.  Lol.  Edit:  They DID!  Lmao.  I called it! 

48 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Mayock and the Raiders have seemed to be getting the jump on Ballard all last night.  It would be crazy if they make the big trade tonight instead of the Colts. 

Dang....I called it!  Lol.  Raiders are having a heck of a draft so far.  

25 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think there's a chance that we drafted a Sin fir another team and maybe we announce a trade in a few picks.

Not predicting this, just saying I would not be surprised if that happens. 

I doubt it the Colts war room seemed pretty pleased with themselves after that pick was locked in. 

6 hours ago, aavmarine said:

I'm talking about what the writers on Colts.com are talking about, if we trade early 2nd round picks, for later rounds, and future draft picks that we could use to bargain with for off season trades. What I'm saying is, is that (example) if the Colts trade for Bell, and gave the team our 2 2nd round picks next year, we won't pay that big money to them. After this season, we will start to see big players refusing to talk to the Colts, because they know now, that the Colts will never come close to what they are asking. 

Trade for Le'veon Bell????

Ok I'm done. There's just no reason why we would trade for him when we want him in FA

That's the most asinine trade proposal that I've heard this entire offseason