Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Inman

csmopar

1 minute ago, Colt Overseas said:

Honestly we wouldnt have made it here without him. He has made key plays for us this season, something which Grant hasnt done at all for us. I think Grant went out of the game half ways through and the effect was minimal. Inman has been a fantastic pickup by CB and very timely.

Grant will be gone by March 4th thankfully

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, SLILLINGTON10 said:

Was just thinking I wouldnt be mad at ty, inman, and cain for wr core and spend the picks on defense next year.

Not every pick needs to be spent on defense. The receiving corps is the one group on offense that has to be upgraded.....through the draft or through free agency.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SLILLINGTON10 said:

I agree, I am just talking the first 2 rds. I would rather a pass rusher and cb. If we go wr I trust Ballard, if we dont I wouldn't cry about it. Because of ty and inman with hopefully cain being the player some think he might be.

We really won’t see what Cain has to offer until probably 2020. It takes a long while to come back to forum post knee

2 hours ago, SLILLINGTON10 said:

I agree, I am just talking the first 2 rds. I would rather a pass rusher and cb. If we go wr I trust Ballard, if we dont I wouldn't cry about it. Because of ty and inman with hopefully cain being the player some think he might be.

I have never been convinced we'd spend one of the picks in the first 2 rounds on a WR. As far as Inman he'll be 30 in January it will be interesting to see how we play it. We have a lot of young guys at WR that should be getting better. We don't get to see practice but there's no question Inman has shown well for a mid season addition 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, csmopar said:

Deserves a round of applause tonight. 5 catches, 71 yards and a TD. Led the team in receiving yards and catch totals

He was a guy I wanted as soon as Deon Cain went down (see my posts on page 4):

Given his productivity as a #3 everywhere he has been, I was shocked he was not even given a look by several other teams. He was always caught in the numbers game. Good for us. This is one guy we MUST retain for a couple of years at least, IMO. He may not be able to beat a #1 CB's press coverage but for a #2 guy, he will be productive with an elite QB like Luck. Not everyone who is 30 needs to be discarded because of age. I am not talking the same as bringing up a Brinks truck to Andre Johnson that Grigson did.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, egg said:

The WR position became much better in the second half of the season with the signing of Inman and  Rogers, Pascal, and Hines not dropping passes. 

Yeah, Ryan Grant is the odd man out and once we subtract him and add Tyrell Williams of the Chargers, and re-sign Inman, I think we will be good to wait till Day 3 to add a wide out from the draft.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, Ryan Grant is the odd man out and once we subtract him and add Tyrell Williams of the Chargers, and re-sign Inman, I think we will be good to wait till Day 3 to add a wide out from the draft.

eh, I don't disagree but I think we look at one with our 2nd rounder, our 2nd, 2nd rounder not the ones from the Jets

17 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

All of the WR’s have stepped up though. Pascal, Rogers and Inman have gotten better throughout the season. Grant hasn’t been terrible either. He’s just not on the level of the aforementioned trio

I agree, I thought Pascal was garbage earlier in the year, but playing better, and if you watch him, he blocks on running plays very well........

It will be an interesting off season at the WR position

Group 1

TY - No discussion needed

Inman - Catches everything, seems to be on the same page as Luck

Rogers - Needed KR, starting to build a connection with Luck

Group 2 

Pascal - Much improved, drops issue seems to be dwindling

Grant - Has played a little less than OK, probably not on Colts roster 2019

Fountain - What do we have here?  I dont know

Cain - Looked good in practice, gets a shot to compete for a spot

2019 WRs  Final Roster - (Guess as of now)

TY

Inman

Rogers

Cain

TBD - WR from Draft (a certain Iowa state WR, would be nice here)

Pascal

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

eh, I don't disagree but I think we look at one with our 2nd rounder, our 2nd, 2nd rounder not the ones from the Jets

Wouldn't that be silly after our staff hand picks Their WR in free agency?

This offense is much more about the QB being on the same wave length with his receivers. Inman gets Reich's system because he played in it. Rogers is fitting in well. T Y and Andrew have something special. Doyle also. Ebron fits well too.

With so many upgrades needed on D the draft may be the answer.

But Ballard will fill a hole or two in FA. A proven veteran WR , LB, S would be a good place to start this off season. JMO

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

We really won’t see what Cain has to offer until probably 2020. It takes a long while to come back to forum post knee

I feel like the average nfl turn around for an acl tear is like 8 to 12 months. With him being so young I would expect him to bounce back relatively quick and be ready for training camp. 

9 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Wouldn't that be silly after our staff hand picks Their WR in free agency?

This offense is much more about the QB being on the same wave length with his receivers. Inman gets Reich's system because he played in it. Rogers is fitting in well. T Y and Andrew have something special. Doyle also. Ebron fits well too.

With so many upgrades needed on D the draft may be the answer.

But Ballard will fill a hole or two in FA. A proven veteran WR , LB, S would be a good place to start this off season. JMO

I didn't say we'd take one, I said we'd look at one at that point.  Ultimately, boils down to who's on the board and when.

1 minute ago, SLILLINGTON10 said:

I feel like the average nfl turn around for an acl tear is like 8 to 12 months. With him being so young I would expect him to bounce back relatively quick and be ready for training camp. 

Well, they may be physically capable and cleared to play in that time, but MOST take way way more than that to round back into the form they were pre-ACL. Hooker being the most recent, his play the first 5-6 games sucked, he's just now starting to show what he was showing before the tear.  Combine that with the fact we really dont know what we have in Cain to start with, its something that needs addressed for sure.

13 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I agree, I thought Pascal was garbage earlier in the year, but playing better, and if you watch him, he blocks on running plays very well........

It will be an interesting off season at the WR position

Group 1

TY - No discussion needed

Inman - Catches everything, seems to be on the same page as Luck

Rogers - Needed KR, starting to build a connection with Luck

Group 2 

Pascal - Much improved, drops issue seems to be dwindling

Grant - Has played a little less than OK, probably not on Colts roster 2019

Fountain - What do we have here?  I dont know

Cain - Looked good in practice, gets a shot to compete for a spot

2019 WRs  Final Roster - (Guess as of now)

TY

Inman

Rogers

Cain

TBD - WR from Draft (a certain Iowa state WR, would be nice here)

Pascal

TY, Inman and Rogers are set in stone for next season. I think Pascal will be on the roster. But it’s not a guarantee. I also agree that there needs to be a big bodied WR. Maybe Cain could be that guy. That won’t be determined until we see him in action

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Well, they may be physically capable and cleared to play in that time, but MOST take way way more than that to round back into the form they were pre-ACL. Hooker being the most recent, his play the first 5-6 games sucked, he's just now starting to show what he was showing before the tear.  Combine that with the fact we really dont know what we have in Cain to start with, its something that needs addressed for sure.

Cain blew out his knee before the regular season started so at least he has a head start.

• Like 1