Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brett Kollman: The Colts Could Be the AFC's Worst Playoff Nighmare

TheMarine

He does very good breakdowns, enjoy watching all his stuff.

I think he shows very well why you can’t fall into the trap of using tight man coverage to take TY out the game (hello Seahawks), his route running and connection with Luck is pretty much spot on.

On the play where he tip toed into the end zone I actually thought Luck made a bad throw... 

I didn't realize you posted this.  I found it earlier and twitter posted it.  It is awesome how he says he is a Texans fan, yet somehow he seems reverent to Andrew Luck.  

And I love his breakdowns.  He explains reasoning's behind what he is showing you.  Makes it easy for those who don't understand film breakdowns to keep up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

I didn't realize you posted this.  I found it earlier and twitter posted it.  It is awesome how he says he is a Texans fan, yet somehow he seems reverent to Andrew Luck.  

And I love his breakdowns.  He explains reasoning's behind what he is showing you.  Makes it easy for those who don't understand film breakdowns to keep up.

I think that’s a carry over from Luck’s high school career. That and he’s a good QB who’s also seemingly a very decent human being. I say seemingly because we all know he’s ripe for a comic book villain transformation. 

11 minutes ago, DarkSuperman said:

Can't wait until the season comes when the AFC Playoffs come through Indy

Next season, there were a lot of games that could have been won but lost. Bengals, Texans and the 

Jags 0 point effort to name a few.

This could have easily been a 13 win season, even with such a poor 

start.

What was it, 2008 when Peyton won MVP after winning 9 in a row after starting 3-4, and we lost the playoff game on the road to an 8-8 Chargers?

People point to the 2005 Steelers, 2007 Giants, 2011 Giants, who got hot at the right time. But for every one of those, the teams that were good all season but had a bump or two on the way (2006 Colts, 2008 Steelers, 2009 Saints, 2012 Ravens, 2014 Patriots, 2015 Broncos etc.) eventually remind people that they were good during the season for a reason. 

I, for one, have seen enough playoff football, to not get carried away by the "hot team", "the team no one wants to face" monikers. Very good Ds travel well on the road and I still do not think our D will travel that well during the playoffs. Let us see how things go. 

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

What was it, 2008 when Peyton won MVP after winning 9 in a row after starting 3-4, and we lost the playoff game on the road to an 8-8 Chargers?

People point to the 2005 Steelers, 2007 Giants, 2011 Giants, who got hot at the right time. But for every one of those, the teams that were good all season but had a bump or two on the way (2006 Colts, 2008 Steelers, 2009 Saints, 2012 Ravens, 2014 Patriots, 2015 Broncos etc.) eventually remind people that they were good during the season for a reason. 

I, for one, have seen enough playoff football, to not get carried away by the "hot team", "the team no one wants to face" monikers. Very good Ds travel well on the road and I still do not think our D will travel that well during the playoffs. Let us see how things go. 

Your fears about the defense are creditable I think but first Houston awaits and we've seen that as long as the Colts don't make stupid mistakes, they can play with that Houston offense. 

A more dangerous passer like Mahomes or Rivers may present another set of problems but it's one game at a time and this defense should 'travel' well in Houston.

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

yeah I'm kind of surprised how many people are confident that we can take down the Chiefs.  Texans, I know we can beat them because we did beat them.  No guarantees, neither of our games where blowouts but the Colts are capable of winning.

Chiefs. . . It's always possible but I don't give it a high likelyhood. 

3 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

yeah I'm kind of surprised how many people are confident that we can take down the Chiefs.  Texans, I know we can beat them because we did beat them.  No guarantees, neither of our games where blowouts but the Colts are capable of winning.

Chiefs. . . It's always possible but I don't give it a high likelyhood. 

Chiefs haven't won a home playoff game since Joe Montana was on their roster. Colts historically # them in the postseason. 

I think if we win and play the chiefs it is really a unknown. That game will show how good our team really is or if we are close. It really will tell us how good our defense really is. It would be the best team we have ever played. If we win we are close to winning a SB. IF we lose we still have work and the need for some additions to the team.  I am really hoping to get that game to see how good we really are.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think if we win and play the chiefs it is really a unknown. That game will show how good our team really is or if we are close. It really will tell us how good our defense really is. It would be the best team we have ever played. If we win we are close to winning a SB. IF we lose we still have work and the need for some additions to the team.  I am really hoping to get that game to see how good we really are.

Facts. During our 2014 run, we had the luxury of going up against an injured Bengals team and Peyton Manning's corpse in the Divisional. We all saw what happened after that. This time it's like the complete opposite. No home field, going up against a divisional on the road with the possibility of facing the MVP right after.

The difference between this year and 2014 is that I actually have faith in us winning when someone mentions the possibility of facing the Patriots in Foxborough. When we made the AFC Championship that year, I was happy as hell for us but I knew our end would come the following weekend. 

One could argue we have been in playoff mode for a while now. It's such a glorious feeling not having to worry about an incompetent coaching staff/front office anymore. The only thing that worries me now is personnel. Before Luck threw that pick six last week, I couldn't help but feel like this team is on the verge of something special. For a bunch of rookies in a win or go home game, they sure had a lot of poise! If that's how we'll be looking on Saturday and forward then the league better watch out.

• Like 1

It does help us a ton that we have been in playoff mode for a long time. I actually have more confidence we could beat NE then KC. Having had that NE game down to 7 with all the injuries I think we could. I haven’t really paid attention to much with KC. I know their defense isn’t really good and their offense is hot. Maybe that is why I feel it’s such a unknown.

It helps us a ton also to have so many young guys. They can stay fresher for a longer playoff  run. 

• Like 1

That was really a great analysis of the Luck-TY rapport. I said at the beginning of the season that the Colts would start slow and be a really tough out by mid-season. These young guys aren't really rookies any longer and I'm really crossing my fingers for a playoff run. Who knows?

I think the mindset Reich instilled in the team of 1-0 is really going to show. We’ve been playing playoff football for 10 weeks. This game is that same mentality. The Texans have not had that throughout the season like we have. It will be good, but because of that I like our chances. The video was great btw, really like Kollmans drafts vids too

20 hours ago, ManningGM said:

Chiefs haven't won a home playoff game since Joe Montana was on their roster. Colts historically # them in the postseason. 

Chief's han't had a really good quarterback since Joe Montana was on their roster either.  Don't know if you've been watching but that Pat Mahomes kid is pretty good.  

I don't buy into historical dominance in the post season either.  All that means is that we generally in the past have had better teams.  What does that have to do with today? 

Only legit thing that I can see is that apparently there is a history of QB's starting their first playoff game under-performing.  That's an NFL wide history focused on a specific situation that I can see some legitimacy to.    

6 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Chief's han't had a really good quarterback since Joe Montana was on their roster either.  Don't know if you've been watching but that Pat Mahomes kid is pretty good.  

I don't buy into historical dominance in the post season either.  All that means is that we generally in the past have had better teams.  What does that have to do with today? 

Only legit thing that I can see is that apparently there is a history of QB's starting their first playoff game under-performing.  That's an NFL wide history focused on a specific situation that I can see some legitimacy to.    

I've been watching, and they also have a defense that's on the opposite tier of their offense coupled along with a head coach who has a notorious track record of choking away games in the postseason.

Every team is 0-0 right now. What happened in the regular season happened then. It's a whole new ball game. Is Mahomes ready for this?

We'll see.