Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

In all likelihood it's gonna come down to week 17 @ Titans

AllYouNeedIsLuck

Just now, Lawrence Owen said:

Oh no,..not the defense...I have yet to fully research them...but i am sure i'll like that match-up more.

I think I give the Cowboys kudos because of their hot streak coming into today, and that I think Dak is better than anything the Giants can field right now. 

I was very impressed with our defense today. More than i have been all year... and I spoke highly of them preseason and predicted consistent growth all year (much to the disagreement of many on here- some even still believe they are moderately talented...lol)

1 hour ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

If Ravens/Steelers lose next week and Colts/Titans both win more than likely is what will be needed to move the game

If one of the Ravens or Steelers loses next week, then no matter what the winner of Tennessee Indy goes to the post season. Ravens play Chargers, Steelers play Saints. Both are on the road. 

Barring something next level stupid, it should come down to that. 

5 hours ago, King Colt said:

Amazing turn around. Ballard comes in sees the needs and recruits players to fill them. Why couldn't Grigson do the same thing? You could say Ballard saved Lucks career. More than this season is the future.

Hmmm.  Could it be he wasn't about the team...but "all about Grigson?"

I think the positive thing about being "in the hunt" is the playoff mentality.  It basically started vs. the Texans for the Colts, coming off the slip-up in Jax.  At that point the Colts knew they were in "win or go-home" mode.  So that desperation is what has keyed these two big wins vs. the Texas two-step IMHO.  They will need to keep that mentality up if they are going to make it because, even if the Steelers or Ravens slip-up, they are right back ahead of the Colts if THEY do the same.

All the Colts can do is control what they can control.  They can't affect the other teams at this point.  So just win baby and see where the chips may fall.

7 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

If one of the Ravens or Steelers loses next week, then no matter what the winner of Tennessee Indy goes to the post season. Ravens play Chargers, Steelers play Saints. Both are on the road. 

That's not accurate, is it.   Ten or Indy would still need to win next week.  If all 4 lose, aren't we in the same boat as now? 

5 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I think the positive thing about being "in the hunt" is the playoff mentality.  It basically started vs. the Texans for the Colts, coming off the slip-up in Jax.  At that point the Colts knew they were in "win or go-home" mode.  So that desperation is what has keyed these two big wins vs. the Texas two-step IMHO.  They will need to keep that mentality up if they are going to make it because, even if the Steelers or Ravens slip-up, they are right back ahead of the Colts if THEY do the same.

All the Colts can do is control what they can control.  They can't affect the other teams at this point.  So just win baby and see where the chips may fall.

Control the controllables.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Question. If we win against the NYG and the titans lose to the redskins does that final game mean anything?

It would still mean everything to us.  Even if the Ravens and Steelers win this week, the Ravens could still lose to the Browns, but we would have to beat the Titans to get in.  

13 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

No. Titans and Colts both need to win next week to make it sure. If Ravens, Colts, Titans all lose next week and then Bal wins week 17 then they get it still

On 12/16/2018 at 7:29 PM, King Colt said:

The Colts in the spirit of Christmas have taken the zero off their shelf courtesy of Jacksonville and handed it to Dallas. Nice touch.

Are you accusing the Colts of re-gifting?

If so, I like it! Let's hand the NYG some of that "zero" stuff as well!

• Like 1

On 12/16/2018 at 7:11 PM, runthepost said:

It’s guaranteed that the winner of week 17 matchup will get in. It’s hard to beat a division foe twice and as dominant as we were last time that may not happen. 

That's not true, but it is guaranteed that the loser of that game won't get in. 

All I know is that the Colts don't control our own destiny.     If we win both games,  we are not guaranteed a spot.       We need help.

I believe we need either the Steelers or the Ravens to lose one of their two remaining games.

So,  I'll focus on my team.    And keep one eye on the other teams and we'll see what happens.....

Either way,   it's been a great, GREAT year.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It would be pretty cool if the Ravens lose Saturday, if that happens we would move into the 6th Spot and control our own destiny going into Sunday's game vs the Giants. Than it would come down to us and Tennessee if we beat the Giants. 

LAC is still playing for the one seed, they're gonna give Baltimore everything. It would be huge if they give em the L. Then hopefully, the Saints can top Pittsburgh too.

Ravens still have to play Cleveland week 17, who are genuinely a solid Football team, so if we don't get our help this week, we might still week 17. 

2 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

LAC is still playing for the one seed, they're gonna give Baltimore everything. It would be huge if they give em the L. Then hopefully, the Saints can top Pittsburgh too.

Ravens still have to play Cleveland week 17, who are genuinely a solid Football team, so if we don't get our help this week, we might still week 17. 

Oh yeah, exciting times. Alot can still happen. Looking at our schedule, the Ravens schedule, and the Steelers schedule, we have a solid chance of getting in if we win out.

Will be a tuff game.  They can run and stop the run.  Good defense all around, and a RPO combo of Mariota and Henry concerns me.

On the bright side, if we beat NYG, then a tuff road game win in Tennessee, we will roll into the playoffs full-steam onnall cylinders.  So by having to win out, it prepares us for the mentality of playoff football.  I'm thinking of the younger guys.

We either make it in ready to realistically play with anybody, or we fall short , but still ahead of pace for the rebuild.  If we somehow pull out and get that #6, after the 1-5 start and everything else, it would be a season for the ages in Indy lore.  Quite an accomplishment.  But i really like our odds if we get in. This team plays loose..... what a change.

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

All I know is that the Colts don't control our own destiny.     If we win both games,  we are not guaranteed a spot.       We need help.

I believe we need either the Steelers or the Ravens to lose one of their two remaining games.

So,  I'll focus on my team.    And keep one eye on the other teams and we'll see what happens.....

Either way,   it's been a great, GREAT year.

Never liked having to root for other teams to lose.   But I sure am a Chragers and Saints fan this week.   Little bit Redskins too, although the Titans losing doesn't affect the Colts much. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Never liked having to root for other teams to lose.   But I sure am a Chragers and Saints fan this week.   Little bit Redskins too, although the Titans losing doesn't affect the Colts much. 

At least the Chargers-Ravens game is on Saturday. Hopefully I can sleep good that night.....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

At least the Chargers-Ravens game is on Saturday. Hopefully I can sleep good that night.....

Anyone know if the Sat games are on the NFL Channel again this Sat?    I don't get that station so I couldn't watch the games last Sat.   They were crappy games anyway.  

Nevermind, just looked and the are NFL Channel games.   Bummer.

Just now, Myles said:

Anyone know if the Sat games are on the NFL Channel again this Sat?    I don't get that station so I couldn't watch the games last Sat.   They were crappy games anyway.  

Nevermind, just looked and the are NFL Channel games.   Bummer.

Just hit up Reddit and go to /r/nflstreams. All the games to your avail for free.

On 12/16/2018 at 5:13 PM, AllYouNeedIsLuck said:

Am i wrong on this.. If the ravens lose to chargers and somehow we lose to giants. Its still a game to get in as long as we beat the titans? And i believe if this happens the dolphins would have to lose 1 of there last 2. We would have tie breakers against the ravens and titans.