Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does anyone like this MNF broadcast crew?

Superman

5 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

He got me 3 point points like wth???

That is awful. I have Luck in my league. Luck has been outstanding. Wentz is another one of the QB's like Carr was 2 years ago that people were slobbering all over his jock in the media because he had 1 solid season. Luck is the best young QB in the league and I am glad he has reestablished that. Hard to believe Wentz only gave you 3 though. 

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is awful. I have Luck in my league. Luck has been outstanding. Wentz is another one of the QB's like Carr was 2 years ago that people were slobbering all over his jock in the media because he 1 solid season. Luck is the best young QB in the league and I am glad he has reestablished that. Hard to believe Wentz only gave you 3 though. 

I just wait for my QB and it hurt me this year lol

Steelers vs Patriots again decides a bye week and potentially HFA if the Chiefs lose one more time.

Chiefs should send the Titans gift baskets for giving them at least a sliver of a margin of error vs the Patriots.

As far as the MNF crew, I guess they couldn't get Mike Tirico renewed, huh, he was much better!!! Pat McAfee would have done a better job, IMO. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

This damn game made me lose my fantasy game by 1 point all cause wentz's was trash 

Yeah me too...I was down 50+ but had mahomes and gurley. The Rams wouldn't let gurley get one rush on their last possession.. that's all I needed! Because two of mahomes last throws were picked. -4 lost by 1 dang it

12 hours ago, Superman said:

Game of the Year, and we have to listen to Larry, Moe and Curly...

Don't insult the Three Stooges like that haha

I wasn't able to watch much of the game, but wish I had recorded it.  Games are just too late in the eastern time zone on a weeknight to stay up and watch.

As to your original post...these three are terrible!  I have watched some this season and it's irritating to the point of turning off a decent game just to not listen.

I think 3 people covering ANY sport is one too many...they are all vying for air time.  Also true with the Sunday Night Baseball crew from ESPN, but other networks do the same thing.  Don't they realize we can SEE what's going on?  Wait, they do realize it and that's why they spend most of the time telling stories, etc.  If they're not going to give us any insight, then why do we need three of them not giving us anything worth listening to?

I spend a few years doing radio sports and it's a whole different situation, because folks are listening and not seeing.  You need someone to describe what's happening and someone to add to that with other information.  But, it's a 2 person deal, too.  Never a need for 3 announcers IMO.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't like it either. 

These guys are HORRIBLE, they seem to rattle on and on just to here their heads rattle. Witton may be the worst of the three. They hired the wrong Cowboy, I really enjoy Tony Romo, I think he shares some very insightful information. I actually muted the broadcast and just watched  the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Don't insult the Three Stooges like that haha

I wasn't able to watch much of the game, but wish I had recorded it.  Games are just too late in the eastern time zone on a weeknight to stay up and watch.

As to your original post...these three are terrible!  I have watched some this season and it's irritating to the point of turning off a decent game just to not listen.

I think 3 people covering ANY sport is one too many...they are all vying for air time.  Also true with the Sunday Night Baseball crew from ESPN, but other networks do the same thing.  Don't they realize we can SEE what's going on?  Wait, they do realize it and that's why they spend most of the time telling stories, etc.  If they're not going to give us any insight, then why do we need three of them not giving us anything worth listening to?

I spend a few years doing radio sports and it's a whole different situation, because folks are listening and not seeing.  You need someone to describe what's happening and someone to add to that with other information.  But, it's a 2 person deal, too.  Never a need for 3 announcers IMO.

If they configure it right, three guys isn't a problem, but that third guy is a third wheel. It's really 2 + a field level analyst who offers a few insights a game, not every play analysis.

18 hours ago, Superman said:

I'm an opinionated guy but I wouldn't make a thread to bash a backup broadcast crew, lol. (Okay, maybe I would.)

These are the guys that the suits picked in the offseason to lead the new MNF broadcast. Unreal.

Edit: So is this game. It's bananas.

Down 4. Crazy game.

They would hire Peyton in a second if he would take the job

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MTC said:

The main announcer is okay. Jason Witten is unbearable. Booger McFarland can get annoying at times. 

Main announcer is horrible too. He reacts to every play over 20 yards as if it were the immaculate reception.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Superman said:

Because I hate it. Seriously, I hate it. They're terrible, IMO.

Tessitore thinks he's the show. Stop dragging out "Monday.    Night... ....  ..... Football." Just say it like a normal person.

Witten can't find a coherent sentence with two hands and a flashlight. "They really need to find a way to pull this rabbit out of the watering hole right here, or the sand will run out of the candle on their watch." I'm sorry, what?

And why is Booger in a Pope-mobile on the sideline, blocking the view of the fans? 

Sorry for the rant, I just can't believe that the primetime football broadcast program put together such a poor cast and production. It's painful. 

Good post....

For the record,  I don't go out of my way to watch MNF,  but's it's been that way for a number of years now,  through various crews.         If the Colts are playing,  that's another story.

As for the current crew....

I'm normally a Tessatore admirer....   but I think this is the biggest stage he's ever been on and I suspect he's either having trouble dealing with it,  or perhaps the Producers are asking him to pump things up...

As for Witten....   I think he's a Cliche Monster.     His back is the wall,  it's now or never for him.   But when the going gets tough,  the tough....   well...   you get the idea.    So far,  I think he's been a poor hire.     How did this crew miss out on someone like Tony Romo>    He'd be a Rock Star in that spot.

As for Booger...    I like him on discussion shows...   and I think they're trying to showcase him as best as they can.....    but by structure,  that spot only has so much time to offer...   you have to get in,  say your piece,  and get out quickly and concisely....   and I think ESPN is trying to stretch his appearances to give him more time...    so,  they've given him a Pope-mobile to make his moments look special....   I agree,  it sure seems....   odd....

All in all,  a disappointing crew....   I watch with the sound somewhat lowered and try to keep my eye on the game as best I can...    but I don't lose sleep over it...   oh well..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

They would hire Peyton in a second if he would take the job

If they could get him with a better play by play guy, it would be fantastic.

Along those lines, have you (or anyone else) watched his ESPN+ Detail breakdowns? I finally started looking at them this weekend, and it's exactly what you'd expect from someone like Peyton. I'm gonna watch the rest of them, but I started with the one he did on Eli. Really good.

The fact that it's on ESPN and the current crew is struggling so much (and it's common knowledge now) makes me think they're warming him up for the TV gig. He doesn't do anything unless he thinks he'll be good at it. Those are a good dry run for him, dipping his toe into media before making a big commitment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

How did this crew miss out on someone like Tony Romo>    He'd be a Rock Star in that spot.

They still had Gruden. And Romo was kind of not fully retired when CBS hired him, seemingly out of nowhere. Then the Raiders fell apart and threw $100m at Gruden, and ESPN was kind of left scrambling.

• Like 1

None of the announcers bother me. That's all soap opera stuff.

I didn't see the game but after seeing the score glad I didn't miss anything.

Ironically two QB's went down over the weekend when the NFL keeps changing the rules to allow more passing which just increases the odds mathematically.

On 11/19/2018 at 11:23 PM, Superman said:

You guys remember two years ago when Jared Goff was a bust?

Fisher!  He wanted to trade down... get more players. Rams traded up (with a heavy draft price) feeling having new franchise QB would be better moving back to L.A.  Jeff had Goff "Inactive!" in game 1 in a 28 - 0 loss!!

Goff was a talented QB but needed development time (especially for old school Fisher Ball) and to improve timing and accuracy, especially from under center and under pressure.  Wentz was supposedly more 'Pro Ready'.  Numbers early pointed to it as well. However, the 'new NFL offense' style serves both well, especially Goff.  The Sean McVay / Goff relationship could well be the next type of Walsh / Montana or Belichick / Brady and maybe even Reich / Luck symbiotic pairing. We'll see.

As good as Pederson is, I feel the loss of Reich and DeFilippo really impacted the Eagles and Wentz.  Let's see how they adress it and rebound next season.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2018 at 5:50 PM, BOTT said:

Main announcer is horrible too. He reacts to every play over 20 yards as if it were the immaculate reception.

That's my compliant, BOTT.   You dont have to hype up Monday Night Football.

Just call the game..and keep involving the color commentators...

He's trying too hard

• Like 1

On 11/22/2018 at 7:48 AM, oldunclemark said:

That's my compliant, BOTT.   You dont have to hype up Monday Night Football.

Just call the game..and keep involving the color commentators...

He's trying too hard

He's been doing boxing and horse racing for a long time. It shows.

I just found out Tessitore was the announcer for EA's Fight Night video game. 

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:00 PM, Superman said:

Because I hate it. Seriously, I hate it. They're terrible, IMO.

Tessitore thinks he's the show. Stop dragging out "Monday.    Night... ....  ..... Football." Just say it like a normal person.

Witten can't find a coherent sentence with two hands and a flashlight. "They really need to find a way to pull this rabbit out of the watering hole right here, or the sand will run out of the candle on their watch." I'm sorry, what?

And why is Booger in a Pope-mobile on the sideline, blocking the view of the fans? 

Sorry for the rant, I just can't believe that the primetime football broadcast program put together such a poor cast and production. It's painful. 

I don't like many of the crews. IMO....and I know everybody has one and what they are worth but Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are the only two worth a nickel. Don't get me wrong...Gruden and Tirico were a decent combo although yes Gruden was kind of annoying. Then again Summerall and Madden and Al Michaels had their moments through the years too. Today though....yeah I think they like to hear themselves talk more than actually add insightful entertainment.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:59 PM, buffalo34 said:

Great, now the Chiefs are just one game ahead of the Patriots for the #1 seed. Since the Patriots will probably win out, the Chiefs will need to too to keep the AFCCG away from Foxboro.

No offense but KC will likely lose in the second rd. After all HFA did nothing to help them stop the MIGHTY Mariotta's last year. If the crappy Titans can beat them at home in the playoffs I don't think Arrowhead is that intimidating for Brady or someone else to go in there. With no pass rush....Brady will just pick them apart again....and starting a rookie (basically) against Belichick in the playoffs....yeah he isn't concerned.