Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titan's Game Injuries

chrisfarley

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I think he'll be fine. The odds of it being an ACL tear are pretty low. He'll probably be sore and miss some practice and possibly a week or two, but fearing the worst is ridiculous at this point. A lot more often than not, the results will come back negative.

Let's hope

jason leconfora (sorry for spelling) reporting "knee injury with MRI Monday, so we'll have to wait and see". (i realize its already been reported but wanted to update what Jason said just now).......   the hex continues.... just sux, hoping with every ounce of hope that it's a more minor injury (short term # of games lost as opposed to long-term or season ending of course...but can we catch a break man! please!)  I'm here to tell you that the reason Luck came out was because of this injury....glad Frank took him out.

5 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

jason leconfora (sorry for spelling) reporting "knee injury with MRI Monday, so we'll have to wait and see". (i realize its already been reported but wanted to update what Jason said just now).......   the hex continues.... just sux, hoping with every ounce of hope that it's a more minor injury (short term # of games lost as opposed to long-term or season ending of course...but can we catch a break man! please!)  I'm here to tell you that the reason Luck came out was because of this injury....glad Frank took him out.

No reason to keep luck in even if Kelly wasn't hurt.    

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Kelly being out an extended time would be a blow, hopefully it's nothing too severe. 

Oh and Luck is finished, fire Ballard? Where is that P'Son character? 

Probably hanging out with pacersgeek under the bridge with the rest of the trolls

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

They don't want brissett to get murdered.   Lol

True true

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Oh and Luck is finished, fire Ballard? Where is that P'Son character?

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Probably hanging out with pacersgeek under the bridge with the rest of the trolls

Funny how some people only come out of the woodwork when the team loses and are nowhere to be found after a statement win like today...

tenor.gif?itemid=5236578

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I think he'll be fine. The odds of it being an ACL tear are pretty low. He'll probably be sore and miss some practice and possibly a week or two, but fearing the worst is ridiculous at this point. A lot more often than not, the results will come back negative.

Jared, you are not a doctor, don't jinx it please....

20 minutes ago, csmopar said:

What depth

I'm getting taken to task in another thread all week for daring to say the Colts need to prioritize OL depth in the offense. Just saying, this is why depth matters. 

Hopefully Evan Boehm is ready if Kelly misses any time. 

• Like 5

I hope Kelly isn’t an injury requiring surgery but my fear is anytime they schedule an MRI, don’t they already know there is something damaged, just need the MRI for confirmation? Not too often we hear MRI and negative with knee concerns. 

36 minutes ago, Shepman said:

I was at game and he walked off on his own.  Doesn't mean anything but at least he wasn't carted off.

Well for what it's worth, I walked off on my ACL(also tore two other ligaments and a meniscus disc at the same time) and managed to walk every day until my surgery two weeks later. Just was catchy and painful

33 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'm getting taken to task in another thread all week for daring to say the Colts need to prioritize OL depth in the offense. Just saying, this is why depth matters. 

Hopefully Evan Boehm is ready if Kelly misses any time. 

I missed the people taking you to task, and yeah, depth always needs to be built, and cultivated on the lines.  but no team has 5 guys they are comfortable with starting at OL for say, half a season or more..... Indy's depth at full strength is probably comparable to most NFL teams....  10 games in, even fewer teams have healthy OL depth....  sure they need to build on it moving forward, but it's not bad now.

19 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

I missed the people taking you to task, and yeah, depth always needs to be built, and cultivated on the lines.  but no team has 5 guys they are comfortable with starting at OL for say, half a season or more..... Indy's depth at full strength is probably comparable to most NFL teams....  10 games in, even fewer teams have healthy OL depth....  sure they need to build on it moving forward, but it's not bad now.

I typed "offense," meant "offseason." 

But yeah, it's obvious that teams around the league struggle with OL play, not to mention depth. But my point is that I think the Colts are nicely positioned to add quality players at OL so that we have some depth behind our starters. 

And I think that's important because a) we seem to have a lot of OL injuries, historically (started five centers last year), and b) I don't like the way our reserves have played this season -- Clark was bad, Haeg was bad last year and is hurt again, Good seems to be injury prone... Our best reserves coming into the season were probably Smith and Glowinski, and they're starters now. We'll see how Boehm does if he has to play, but we're one injury away from having to go back to players that weren't very good early in the season. I'd like to upgrade on those players in the offseason.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Superman said:

I typed "offense," meant "offseason." 

But yeah, it's obvious that teams around the league struggle with OL play, not to mention depth. But my point is that I think the Colts are nicely positioned to add quality players at OL so that we have some depth behind our starters. 

And I think that's important because a) we seem to have a lot of OL injuries, historically (started five centers last year), and b) I don't like the way our reserves have played this season -- Clark was bad, Haeg was bad last year and is hurt again, Good seems to be injury prone... Our best reserves coming into the season were probably Smith and Glowinski, and they're starters now. We'll see how Boehm does if he has to play, but we're one injury away from having to go back to players that weren't very good early in the season. I'd like to upgrade on those players in the offseason.

I don't think we need to and here is why: we have Webb on IR and also Matt S who was very good starting at G and he can also play C.  Good, Haeg and Clark were one time projected starters. Boehm is a very good C and I don't think we should waste a high draft pick to get someone that may or may not be any better. our top 3 picks one in the 1st and 2 in the 2nd should go to defense.

FA should net us the best wr in fa (even though I do like #15 Inman I think we should upgrade there.

6 hours ago, reidaj1812 said:

I don't think we need to and here is why: we have Webb on IR and also Matt S who was very good starting at G and he can also play C.  Good, Haeg and Clark were one time projected starters. Boehm is a very good C and I don't think we should waste a high draft pick to get someone that may or may not be any better. our top 3 picks one in the 1st and 2 in the 2nd should go to defense.

FA should net us the best wr in fa (even though I do like #15 Inman I think we should upgrade there.

You need to pay attention to way Ballard talks about building the roster.

1) He will not go into the draft thinking they need to use picks 1, 2, and 3 on defense, nor should he.

2) He will not go into free agency thinking their main target should be a WR.

3) The idea that Webb, Haeg and Good's backup roles should not be upgraded is kind of funny.  I also think Slauson's career is more than likely over. Not necessarily due to his injury but his age.  Also the jury is very much still out on whether or not Boehm is a "very good" center.  I don't know how anyone knows that.

The fact is Ballard will use FA and the draft to make the roster better.  If that means a back up linemen in FA or drafting a WR in the first round, he will do exactly that.  Anyone thinking a specific position should be drafted in a specific round has not been paying attention.

• Like 1