Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Geathers

jameszeigler834

Sure they listed him as neck/concussion at one point, not a good combination.

He might have injured his neck turning to watch James White run past him after that whiffed tackle early in the game! Brutal.

In all seriousness though, that was some shot he took from Michel and even Aikmen said it should have been a flag in today's NFL.

1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Hope his neck isn't serious anyone have an update on him yet that has already cost him almost a year of football.

i like Geathers, but he's literally our poor man version of Bob Sanders.  Time to move on. I hope he can heal quickly, but the dude needs to hang it up before he ends up paralyzed or worse.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

i like Geathers, but he's literally our poor man version of Bob Sanders.  Time to move on. I hope he can heal quickly, but the dude needs to hang it up before he ends up paralyzed or worse.

I also don’t think he was fully healthy to begin with. He was a few seconds late to react to plays. 

2 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

Sure they listed him as neck/concussion at one point, not a good combination.

He might have injured his neck turning to watch James White run past him after that whiffed tackle early in the game! Brutal.

In all seriousness though, that was some shot he took from Michel and even Aikmen said it should have been a flag in today's NFL.

he seems to be too fragile to play in the nfl does not appear to be a game changer when healthy

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Agreed. And to be honest Geathers isn’t nearly as good as people make him out to be, when he is on the field. He flashed his rookie year but that sentiment is getting old here. We’ve seen a bunch of players here flash for one season, get injured, and then people overate how good they were before injury. Then once they get back and play poorly it’s about how they’re still working their way back and need to regain their rookie year form. I’m ready to move on from Geathers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Agreed. And to be honest Geathers isn’t nearly as good as people make him out to be, when he is on the field. He flashed his rookie year but that sentiment is getting old here. We’ve seen a bunch of players here flash for one season, get injured, and then people overate how good they were before injury. Then once they get back and play poorly it’s about how they’re still working their way back and need to regain their rookie year form. I’m ready to move on from Geathers.

Couldn't agree more

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Well said.

• Like 1

Some of you people are unbelievable, Leonard is leading the league in tackles and everyone is singing his praises.  Geathers is fourth and people are calling him a bum.  Let’s let the season play out and see what happens.  By the way Walker is eighth in tackles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Farns01 said:

Some of you people are unbelievable, Leonard is leading the league in tackles and everyone is singing his praises.  Geathers is fourth and people are calling him a bum.  Let’s let the season play out and see what happens.  By the way Walker is eighth in tackles.

Okay tackles noted. What else has Geathers done(INTs, FF, TFL), since you are comparing him to Leonard?

36 minutes ago, Farns01 said:

Tackles are not good statistics to base someone’s skill off of. I’ll probably receive hate for this but Leonard’s tackles are overrated. Leonard had 18 tackles week 2 but gave up 16 completions in his zone for an average of 9 yards. He made all the tackles on those completions, but how many yards and first downs did he give up?His TFLs and sacks are impressive, but I think his tackles are very overrated. Same with Geathers. When an offense knows you can’t cover they will throw at you as much as possible so you have a high chance of making a tackle even though you gave up a big play. 

2 hours ago, Farns01 said:

This is true, and Im glad we have some players listed highly like that. Leonard has the looks of a true stud. Unfortunately a lot of this tells me our defense is on the field a whole hell of a lot.

5 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Agree. Couldn’t have said it better. He is still living off that 4th and 1 against TEN. But the reality he wasn’t very good at pass coverage.

With the move to this defense, I wanted to upgrade S before the season. I want it to be part of this team’s identity.

Now they need to find a big athletic S to take his spot...the next Derwin James type.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luck 4 president said:

Tackles are not good statistics to base someone’s skill off of. I’ll probably receive hate for this but Leonard’s tackles are overrated. Leonard had 18 tackles week 2 but gave up 16 completions in his zone for an average of 9 yards. He made all the tackles on those completions, but how many yards and first downs did he give up?His TFLs and sacks are impressive, but I think his tackles are very overrated. Same with Geathers. When an offense knows you can’t cover they will throw at you as much as possible so you have a high chance of making a tackle even though you gave up a big play. 

Agree. But you won’t find many here being that objective...especially when it comes to Leonard. He is a work in process when it comes to pass coverage. Geathers was as well...after several seasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shastamasta said:

Agree. But you won’t find many here being that objective...especially when it comes to Leonard. He is a work in process when it comes to pass coverage. Geathers was as well...after several seasons.

Plenty ppl are objective. Nobody has crowned him the next Ray Lewis or  Singletary. Ppl are just recognizing his potential and the job he has done thus far. You mentioned his pass coverage like he’s not a rookie that has played in 4 games. He’s still a work in progress 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

Leonard is generally first to play

that is why people are so high on him

he is god

21 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Plenty ppl are objective. Nobody has crowned him the next Ray Lewis or  Singletary. Ppl are just recognizing his potential and the job he has done thus far. You mentioned his pass coverage like he’s not a rookie that has played in 4 games. He’s still a work in progress 

I just said he was a work in progress...so we agree. 

I was just responding to the OP thinking he would get hate for saying Leonard’s tackles being overrated. 

I dont mind Geathers that much. He is stiff in coverage for sure, but he is decent in run support. I think he is an average to below average SS, not really suited to our zone defense. Fairley is more suited but neither are great. But for now, we have too many more urgent needs for SS to be a priority upgrade next off season.

6 hours ago, shastamasta said:

Agree. Couldn’t have said it better. He is still living off that 4th and 1 against TEN. But the reality he wasn’t very good at pass coverage.

With the move to this defense, I wanted to upgrade S before the season. I want it to be part of this team’s identity.

Now they need to find a big athletic S to take his spot...the next Derwin James type.

He still isn’t good in pass coverage. I think that’s why he’s in the box so much. Farley is a better player. Geathers is always caught looking into the backfield while the team throws it right into his zone.

• Like 1