Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Patriots Thursday Night Football Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

Alright that will do it. Not enough talent on the team to begin with let alone dealing with 15 freaking injuries.

This. If we’d had our full team, NE doesn’t walk away with this. Unless Patriots show something different, they won’t beat the NFC champ.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Maybe.   Maybe you’re right.      But as of right now Gardner Minshew is a starter, so is San Darnold in Minnesota.  Desmond Ridder started for most of the last two seasons in Atlanta.  And Geno Smith, a nobody for most of his career,  has been the starter for Seattle for the last 3-4 years.    My point is Fields needs an opportunity.  And if he doesn’t get it this year he’s a free agent next year and may get an opportunity with a new team.     Im always patient with QBs.  I always root for QBs to succeed.   Even if it’s later in a career the way it did with Randall Cunningham about 25-30 years ago.   (I think the only QB I never pulled for is Jay Cutler.)   So you might be right.  But we don’t know enough about AR right now to know.  Even Ballard said in Jan/Feb that AR still has to prove himself and no one should crown him just yet.   I’m in that camp.  
    • All persons entering professional sports should make selecting an agent the highest order on their list. Playing the games is the sport side of the profession belonging to the profession is the business side of it.
    • He should have good protection this coming season.
    • Im not sure I follow your meaning….   But….   If AR leads the Colts to 4-13 that’s a bad, bad sign.   The rules have changed dramatically in the last 25 years to benefit the offense.   If AR struggles to 4-13 that says something is seriously wrong.   I think it’s extremely unlikely this will happen.   Plus he’s surrounded by a talented roster and a very good coaching staff.   My prediction is for 9-8.     But I think this is going to happen at least once, maybe more:   Colts down by 4 late in the game. and AR is driving the team.  They must get a TD.   And AR will throw an interception.  He won’t see the safety or a linebacker and that will end the game.   And our community will have a melt-down.     I’ve been banging this drum since AR was lost for the season.  He’s basically still a rookie and badly in need of experience.  He’s going to learn on the NFL level.  There are going to be growing pains.   There are no short cuts.   I love Anthony Richardson.  Great kid.  But I encourage patience.     Im sorry if I didn’t answer your question.  
    • Agreed, but I do like the attitude. 
  • Members