Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Patriots Thursday Night Football Game Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi, Colts fans and Blue Shoe Nation!   Our 1-3 Indianapolis Colts are in Foxborough, Massachusetts to play the 2-2 New England Patriots,  as both teams lead off Week 5 of the 2018 NFL regular season.

we get the Jets..Buffalo and Oakland.....   '''the path to 4-4' is there!!!!

Sooooo......most people predicted the Colts would get handled being so short handed...then lose more players....then get mad when Colts are getting handled.

Posted Images

I'm desperately hoping we get a lot of our injured guys back next week. 

 

I think AC was dressed and could have played in an emergency so I think that is a good sign for next week, Mack's had a couple weeks of limited practices so he's got to be ready at some point, the fact that Darius Leonard and Nate Hairston both got in limited practices and were game time decisions are good signs.

 

Clayton Geather's neck injury is really scaring me though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, coltsfeva said:

  I was hoping the Colts would make the game competitive and they did. Too many mistakes but I still think they can make the playoffs if they get healthy.

This wasnt pencilled in as a win when the season began...

....we're in a hole..but eventually we get some injured players back, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

  Final tabulation

 

Andrew Luck 38 of 59, 365, 3 Tds, 2 INTs

 

Brings on the Jets

 

My goodness I hope we can actually have a fast start and establish a run game in the next few games. We're going to rip Luck's arm off with all these attempts every week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We actually hung tough tonight and Luck put up huge numbers. 38-24 final. At least it wasn't 45-7 :thmup:

I concur. I think the team played the pats tough on the road with almost everyone hurt. I thought with a full team, we had a chance but with all those starters out, I was hoping it wasn’t 50-10. I’ve long resisted picking a wr with a 1st rd pick but I think this team needs another elite level wr to pair with TY. I love Cain but I’m not sure he is that top level guy. Would love to have a Collie type hands guy. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oldunclemark said:

This wasnt pencilled in as a win when the season began...

....we're in a hole..but eventually we get some injured players back, right?

Well, that's the hope, but how many times have we been disappointed in the past with this thinking?  I'll believe it when i see it.

Even then, the ones that come back will just be replaced by those that are healthy now.

 

Wow, good thing I'm such an optimist, lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bluefire4 said:

My goodness I hope we can actually have a fast start and establish a run game in the next few games. We're going to rip Luck's arm off with all these attempts every week.

True...you know I love passing but he cant go 16 games like this

 

245 passes in 5 games....

WE get a mini-bye....we need it

 

and I need it....Im going to lay down now

Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to treat these next 3 games as the Playoffs. At Jets, Bills at home, at Raiders - we need all 3. We have to win all 3 or the season is toast IMO. If we can win all 3 and get to 4-4 going into the BYE, the 2nd half of the season will be real interesting and fun to watch. We still would have 2 games vs the Jags left and another with Houston left. I am extremely happy with how Luck looks because I really wasn't sure what to expect coming into the season. He looks Good. Leonard looks legit too on Defense. We just need another playmaker on Offense and some sort of running game. Ebron is a Good player IMO.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

You're a loyal soldier of the battle field....

(but go to bed)

Amateur. Tack on an hour here in France......5.55am. Thankfully don't need to get up until 9. Night all, we fought hard with a short hand. Hats off to all the night owls here in Europe.......

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

 

Really, what were you expecting?

To not drop the ball as often...

 

To force Brady to throw deep early and often... and pressure him more which he hates. (Notice, when we did these things, the defense had success) 

 

To not get down 18 points at halftime to a New England team that isn't near as talented as in years past. 

 

I expected to lose, and i am glad they fought back and at least made it somewhat respectable... but we could have made this a game tonight, and we shot ourselves in the foot time after time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Colts have nothing be ashamed of in that loss. But God I want a new stat for when receivers screw up and cause an INT to happen!! 3 like that tonight.. 

Yeah evethough we are 1-4, I like the direction the Colts are going in. We are in every game and Luck looks strong and healthy. One thing that does bother me is we are injury prone though. Season is still young - the next 3 games will be the tell all for Indy.

 

-Nice win by you guys but you do what you normally do against young teams especially. Brady is one of the GOAT's along with Montana and Peyton. He wasn't losing to this Colts team tonight no matter what kind of magic Luck tried. Pats are still the team to beat in the AFC IMO. KC looks good but they always do in the Regular Season, Jags have Bortles LOL. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

To not drop the ball as often...

 

To force Brady to throw deep early and often... and pressure him more which he hates. (Notice, when we did these things, the defense had success) 

 

To not get down 18 points at halftime to a New England team that isn't near as talented as in years past. 

 

I expected to lose, and i am glad they fought back and at least made it somewhat respectable... but we could have made this a game tonight, and we shot ourselves in the foot time after time. 

 

Then I would say that your expectations were not low.  

 

New England's team may not be as talented as they have been, but they are still much more talented than the Colts.  The Colts do make too many errors, dropped passes, fumbles, etc.  However, that is more than likely a by product of not having enough talent yet.  Also, only having 44 players dress and then losing 3 more during the game is not a recipe for success when your talent level is already below that of your opponent.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

This wasnt pencilled in as a win when the season began...

....we're in a hole..but eventually we get some injured players back, right?

  Yeah. Ballard and Reich are building for the long term future. But I still haven’t given up on this year. 

  The Colts this year are an example of why Parcel’s “you are what your record says you are” doesn’t always hold true:

   If everyone of their four losses was a beat down, they’d still be 1-4 but not nearly as competitive, nor would there be any reason to have hope for this year. 

   I don’t think it’s totally a matter of “lack of talent”, but inexperience, penalties and sloppy play.

   It’s a long season and they have the potential to turn things around.

  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

To not drop the ball as often...

 

To force Brady to throw deep early and often... and pressure him more which he hates. (Notice, when we did these things, the defense had success) 

 

To not get down 18 points at halftime to a New England team that isn't near as talented as in years past. 

 

I expected to lose, and i am glad they fought back and at least made it somewhat respectable... but we could have made this a game tonight, and we shot ourselves in the foot time after time. 

Umm the Colts D stopped the Pats twice this game.  Gronk and Hogan handed them easy turnovers and Edelman dropped a pass when he was wide open.  So you didn’t “force”Brady do anything.

 

That said, with all the D injuries even DURING the game there was no way the Colts D could do much stop the Patriots!  The Colts Ohad way way to many dropped passes. (Without then it’s probably a shoot out)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cynjin said:

 

Then I would say that your expectations were not low.  

 

New England's team may not be as talented as they have been, but they are still much more talented than the Colts.  The Colts do make too many errors, dropped passes, fumbles, etc.  However, that is more than likely a by product of not having enough talent yet.  Also, only having 44 players dress and then losing 3 more during the game is not a recipe for success when your talent level is already below that of your opponent.  

My expectations for guys that make the money these guys (even our young inexperienced ones) are making is pretty straight forward. I've been around highschoolers that don't drop the ball at the rate these guys do. Chester Rogers with touchdown drops in consecutive weeks. Ebron finished strong but still drops easy dimes with no one around. Inexcusable, regardless of the "talent" level. Waiting patiently for Fountain to get his chance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Umm the Colts D stopped the Pats twice this game.  Gronk and Hogan handed them easy turnovers and Edelman dropped a pass when he was wide open.  So you didn’t “force”Brady do anything.

 

That said, with all the D injuries even DURING the game there was no way the Colts D could do much stop the Patriots!  The Colts Ohad way way to many dropped passes. (Without then it’s probably a shoot out)

 

 

And both times, there was good pressure that forced him to throw the ball away, and good coverage underneath so he couldn't dink and dunk us to death. We allowed Brady to come out early and not even have to think about throwing deep. 1.4 second average release on that opening drive. Impossible to play when you give him exactly what he wants.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

My expectations for guys that make the money these guys (even our young inexperienced ones) are making is pretty straight forward. I've been around highschoolers that don't drop the ball at the rate these guys do. Chester Rogers with touchdown drops in consecutive weeks. Ebron finished strong but still drops easy dimes with no one around. Inexcusable, regardless of the "talent" level. Waiting patiently for Fountain to get his chance. 

 

I don't remember Rogers dropping a TD pass, just a long pass on the sideline, not sure if he would of scored on that.  I am interested in seeing what Fountain can do, but he seems like a project wr with a lot of potential.  He may not be ready until next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

 

I don't remember Rogers dropping a TD pass, just a long pass on the sideline, not sure if he would of scored on that.  I am interested in seeing what Fountain can do, but he seems like a project wr with a lot of potential.  He may not be ready until next year.

He dropped one directly in the endzone.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, krunk said:

He dropped one directly in the endzone.

 

I may have been in the bathroom for that one, but I also may have just not remembered it because there were way to many drops last night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

 

And both times, there was good pressure that forced him to throw the ball away, and good coverage underneath so he couldn't dink and dunk us to death. We allowed Brady to come out early and not even have to think about throwing deep. 1.4 second average release on that opening drive. Impossible to play when you give him exactly what he wants.

You may be right. I took it as the Pats changing it up in the second half going for bigger plays since the Colts really were not pressuring Brady at all.  I could be totally wrong but that’s how I took it. (Especially after the 3 and out start the 3rd) 

 

as for the stops?  Who knows twice is not enough really get any sort of intel on.. and he only threw one of those away.. the other was to low to Gordon.  (Again the injuries hurt the colts on D.. the O drops were a bigger factor than anything the D did)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Well if we keep 3 QBs then whoever is better in camp/training can be the back up.
    • I have no idea what to do with measurements and athletic testing from players this year. Do you ignore them altogether? How do you know which ones are real'ish?      
    • In reality they are probably right to point out that most GMs in the league don't have long enough track record to be free of small sample bias one way or the other. It's very likely if you gave every GM 100 drafts, their draft success will tend to converge toward the average. BTW, I wonder where Grigson would be on those graphs. I would guess pretty high thanks to drafting Luck and TY Hilton(similar to HOU in this graph thanks to Deshaun Watson). Just another reminder that even though those graphs might be useful in some cases you have to keep in mind their limitations and biases.
    • Doug...  these anti-Watson rants have gone from bad to worse.   Other posters here have noted you make it sound personal.   You have mischaracterized most everything that has happened.   Watson has a lot of support around the NFL.   I’d say far more support than dont.   I don’t pretend to know how this is going to finish?   But I hope you can lower the temperature here...   I don’t think it’s helpful.   Just my two cents...     
    • Yeah, if Miller or Haeg had the WHOLE resume and the talent of Godwin maybe we should. Worth pointing out that this was probably the worst stretch of Godwin's career (and it was mainly thanks to drops). I think he had like 7 drops in the playoffs while never having more than 2 in a whole season previously. I would personally consider that a freaky happenstance, and trust the much bigger sample of him being a very reliable catcher of the football. Also, it's not me that's taken it here. YOU just did.   I've already pointed out several times that this is NOT my 'take', but rather a guess on part of the explanation on the Bucs place in those graphs. So why do you keep going with this? At this point I am considering this bad faith exchange on your part. On the second part - yes, it would have to be taken in consideration(if they were up for trade and tied in similar contracts, rather than Godwin being a FA). BTW Godwin is one of the players we should consider breaking Ballard's bank on this FA. Insert Whynothaveboth.gif Agree with this. Evans is both better and more valuable than Godwin. Worth pointing out that both Superbowl teams had premier pass catching weapons as it relates to our discussion on the value of the position.  
  • Members

    • IinD

      IinD 2,146

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • crazycolt1

      crazycolt1 7,363

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • luv_pony_express

      luv_pony_express 622

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Shadow_Creek

      Shadow_Creek 695

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ScotColt

      ScotColt 183

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CR91

      CR91 6,366

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • EastStreet

      EastStreet 9,207

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • coltsfanmurf

      coltsfanmurf 51

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...