LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Patriots Thursday Night Football Game Thread

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Can we keep Ebron, Doyle and Swope......

..all 3....

Hip injuries are no joke.  It was a hip that changed Dwayne Allen.  I hope Doyle’s isn’t too serious. But those definitely need to be our 3 TE’s.

Just now, Smoke317 said:

Ebron really does look fast for a tight end.

He doesnt block but he's almost impossible to cover.....and  when he catches the (which isnt always) he's worth the price of admission

• Like 1

Just now, Cynjin said:

Why is there a 10 sec run off for the ref's screw up?

Good question..why is the offended team penalized

Good question..why is the offended team penalized

Because if they made the right call (1 foot line) the clock would have continued to run. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pretty even for a guy that has a noodle arm playing the GOAT. 

3 TD

• Thanks 1

we get the Jets..Buffalo and Oakland.....

'''the path to 4-4' is there!!!!

That’s if we stop beating ourselves...  

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We actually hung tough tonight and Luck put up huge numbers. 38-24 final. At least it wasn't 45-7 :thmup:

Yeah for a team playing with literally 50% backups and backup backups and even their backups, they gave themselves a shot in the 4th.  Heck, more like 70% second stringers.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, needanoline63 said:

The OL Coach has to go

Considering all the injuries we have had at the tackle position, the OL coach is not somebody I'm worried about. He just got here.

• Thanks 1

You’re a wise man...right with you on that.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

We're winning the next 6 to get to 7-4. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We actually hung tough tonight and Luck put up huge numbers. 38-24 final. At least it wasn't 45-7 :thmup:

They looked good in the second half...(well, except for the interception and two easy TD's that NE scored).  It makes me wonder what would have happened if we'd have had even just Leonard, Mack, and AC. 

• Like 1

I was hoping the Colts would make the game competitive and they did. Too many mistakes but I still think they can make the playoffs if they get healthy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Winning all 3 of these games are the only chance we have at getting to the postseason. We certainly have a shot. 

16 minutes ago, JMichael557 said:

Does any station have post game on the radio?

WOWO usually does if you are in range.

1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

You’re a wise man...right with you on that.

Its true...Its damn true

1 minute ago, coltsva said:

We're winning the next 6 to get to 7-4. 

You said it . I heard it!!!

I'm desperately hoping we get a lot of our injured guys back next week. 

I think AC was dressed and could have played in an emergency so I think that is a good sign for next week, Mack's had a couple weeks of limited practices so he's got to be ready at some point, the fact that Darius Leonard and Nate Hairston both got in limited practices and were game time decisions are good signs.

Clayton Geather's neck injury is really scaring me though.

1 minute ago, coltsfeva said:

I was hoping the Colts would make the game competitive and they did. Too many mistakes but I still think they can make the playoffs if they get healthy.

This wasnt pencilled in as a win when the season began...

....we're in a hole..but eventually we get some injured players back, right?

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Final tabulation

Andrew Luck 38 of 59, 365, 3 Tds, 2 INTs

Brings on the Jets

My goodness I hope we can actually have a fast start and establish a run game in the next few games. We're going to rip Luck's arm off with all these attempts every week.

IF we can get Doyle, Ebron and Swope

Mack, Turbin and Hines...

Hilton, Grant and Rogers (Maybe just Hilton and Grant) healthy at the same time..

we would roll up the numbers

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I concur. I think the team played the pats tough on the road with almost everyone hurt. I thought with a full team, we had a chance but with all those starters out, I was hoping it wasn’t 50-10. I’ve long resisted picking a wr with a 1st rd pick but I think this team needs another elite level wr to pair with TY. I love Cain but I’m not sure he is that top level guy. Would love to have a Collie type hands guy. 

• Like 1

This wasnt pencilled in as a win when the season began...

....we're in a hole..but eventually we get some injured players back, right?

Well, that's the hope, but how many times have we been disappointed in the past with this thinking?  I'll believe it when i see it.

Even then, the ones that come back will just be replaced by those that are healthy now.

Wow, good thing I'm such an optimist, lol.

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

My goodness I hope we can actually have a fast start and establish a run game in the next few games. We're going to rip Luck's arm off with all these attempts every week.

True...you know I love passing but he cant go 16 games like this

245 passes in 5 games....

WE get a mini-bye....we need it

and I need it....Im going to lay down now

We need to treat these next 3 games as the Playoffs. At Jets, Bills at home, at Raiders - we need all 3. We have to win all 3 or the season is toast IMO. If we can win all 3 and get to 4-4 going into the BYE, the 2nd half of the season will be real interesting and fun to watch. We still would have 2 games vs the Jags left and another with Houston left. I am extremely happy with how Luck looks because I really wasn't sure what to expect coming into the season. He looks Good. Leonard looks legit too on Defense. We just need another playmaker on Offense and some sort of running game. Ebron is a Good player IMO.

• Like 1

Colts have nothing be ashamed of in that loss. But God I want a new stat for when receivers screw up and cause an INT to happen!! 3 like that tonight.. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

You're a loyal soldier of the battle field....

(but go to bed)

Amateur. Tack on an hour here in France......5.55am. Thankfully don't need to get up until 9. Night all, we fought hard with a short hand. Hats off to all the night owls here in Europe.......

31 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

Really, what were you expecting?

To not drop the ball as often...

To force Brady to throw deep early and often... and pressure him more which he hates. (Notice, when we did these things, the defense had success) 

To not get down 18 points at halftime to a New England team that isn't near as talented as in years past. 

I expected to lose, and i am glad they fought back and at least made it somewhat respectable... but we could have made this a game tonight, and we shot ourselves in the foot time after time. 

5 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Colts have nothing be ashamed of in that loss. But God I want a new stat for when receivers screw up and cause an INT to happen!! 3 like that tonight.. 

Yeah evethough we are 1-4, I like the direction the Colts are going in. We are in every game and Luck looks strong and healthy. One thing that does bother me is we are injury prone though. Season is still young - the next 3 games will be the tell all for Indy.

-Nice win by you guys but you do what you normally do against young teams especially. Brady is one of the GOAT's along with Montana and Peyton. He wasn't losing to this Colts team tonight no matter what kind of magic Luck tried. Pats are still the team to beat in the AFC IMO. KC looks good but they always do in the Regular Season, Jags have Bortles LOL. 

35 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

To not drop the ball as often...

To force Brady to throw deep early and often... and pressure him more which he hates. (Notice, when we did these things, the defense had success) 

To not get down 18 points at halftime to a New England team that isn't near as talented as in years past. 

I expected to lose, and i am glad they fought back and at least made it somewhat respectable... but we could have made this a game tonight, and we shot ourselves in the foot time after time. 

Then I would say that your expectations were not low.  

New England's team may not be as talented as they have been, but they are still much more talented than the Colts.  The Colts do make too many errors, dropped passes, fumbles, etc.  However, that is more than likely a by product of not having enough talent yet.  Also, only having 44 players dress and then losing 3 more during the game is not a recipe for success when your talent level is already below that of your opponent.