Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Well...on the bright side, looks like we have 3 of the top 45 picks locked up.

Southside Hoosier Fan

Don't see the colts winning more than 6 games. But that's not a bad thing having all the $$ we have in free agency and those top picks. Surely need some free agents this off season. The line must be fixed. We need a stud WR. we need a Shutdown CB. we need a RT. No excuses with the picks we will have and the $$$ we will have.

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Don’t forget about Deon Cain. Once he comes back and if he can stay healthy, that’s one less WR we will need from what I’ve seen from him

Let's see how it plays out with Grant. If I'm not mistaken, he's on a 1-year contract. If he's not retained, then Cain would be his replacement. We would still need to get better at WR.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flash7 said:

Let's see how it plays out with Grant. If I'm not mistaken, he's on a 1-year contract. If he's not retained, then Cain would be his replacement. We would still need to get better at WR.

Grant does seem like a decent receiver. Our defense didn’t look very good this game, EXCEPT in sacks. We had 6 which is awesome. Just allowed too many downfield passes to be completed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Grant does seem like a decent receiver. Our defense didn’t look very good this game, EXCEPT in sacks. We had 6 which is awesome. Just allowed too many downfield passes to be completed

Agreed. So far, Grant has been about what you would expect -- a good possession receiver. 

What is frustrating is that the defense played well in the first half of the game, while the offense struggled. And then in the second half, the offense got hot and the defense gave up way too many easy completions, especially big down field pass completions. Very frustrating that both units can't play well at the same time.

• Like 2

Fortune, opportunities and referees have not been on our side this year. Lots of penalties and bad luck. I’m honestly thinking this may be another 4-12 team if this stuff continues to happen. 

Luck explodes for 4 touchdowns, over 400 yards, no interceptions and nearly a 65% completion rate. And we still lost...

Clearly the football gods hate this team. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, #12. said:

The offense gave them 14 of their 31 points in regulation and short field on another TD.  The D had 6 sacks and forced a turnover in Texans territory.  They played well enough to win IMO.

Exactly. This loss wasn't on the defense, it isn't on the offense. It's on those turnovers. Take away 1 we win.

4 hours ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Don’t forget about Deon Cain. Once he comes back and if he can stay healthy, that’s one less WR we will need from what I’ve seen from him

Eh. Gonna need you to take about 10-30% off there Squirrely Dan. Young WR coming off and ACL tear, that’s always kind of a crapshoot. 

Certainly not something we should lean on going forward. If he turns into a star, gravy. But the odds are against it. 

I feeling like the colts need to go all in for nectar season. Grab multiple impact guys. I'd attack the online and wr and grab bell in free agency.  Basically anyone who upgrades our online in free agency.  And I'd also grab a cb too.  We have the cap so start spending it now and we can get more talent in the draft.  Luck is getting to old to just sit here on a team to just build through the draft and wait and hope we hit on a couple of players.  If we can get a good wr in free agency and bell as our rb and get an online in free agency I feel like we would be playoff contenders easily,  without the draft. I don't like waiting too long when we already have a good qb.. We waited and built through the draft now we need to go in and sign some big names

Take away just the non delay of game call on 4th down and we win this game. Even with ALL the other mistakes. Should we have won? Yes. Did we really deserve to win? Not really.  

It was very exciting to watch and although many would like to throw in the towel already, We really should be 3-1.  But i agree somebody is paying these refs. Seriously I don't think i have ever seen 3 holding penalties called in 1 series. 

22 hours ago, Southside Hoosier Fan said:

Don't see the colts winning more than 6 games. But that's not a bad thing having all the $$ we have in free agency and those top picks. Surely need some free agents this off season. The line must be fixed. We need a stud WR. we need a Shutdown CB. we need a RT. No excuses with the picks we will have and the $$$ we will have.

I wouldn’t draw any conclusions from 4 games.    Whatever the team is TODAY it’s not unreasonable to expect improvement over the course of the season.   The Colts WILL improve.

Plus, after the Patriots game, we have the easy part of the schedule with the Jets, Bills and Raiders.   We might sweep those and hit the break at 4-4.  That’s not a prediction, just saying it’s possible.

Lets enjoy the season while we can...

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ColtsBlitz said:

I don't think we can pin our WR2 or WR3 hopes on a 6th-round rookie with a torn ACL who has yet to take a single meaningful snap in the NFL. If Cain comes back and flashes on the field next year that's great, but the Colts can't wait until training camp opens to find out if he can play. One of the Colts' first three draft picks next year has to be a stud WR. Ballard may be convinced of his own genius for spotting talent in the late rounds, but it has yet to pan out on the field. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, HarryTheCat said:

I don't think we can pin our WR2 or WR3 hopes on a 6th-round rookie with a torn ACL who has yet to take a single meaningful snap in the NFL. If Cain comes back and flashes on the field next year that's great, but the Colts can't wait until training camp opens to find out if he can play. One of the Colts' first three draft picks next year has to be a stud WR. Ballard may be convinced of his own genius for spotting talent in the late rounds, but it has yet to pan out on the field. 

I think you are devaluing Cain. He fell to us and was not a reach at all in the draft. Yes it normally takes a rookie receiver a little time to become accustom to the NFL but he has all the intangibles we are looking for in a receiver.  It is way too early to worry about the draft. I am quite sure that Ballard's scouts are looking at players to fit any position needed. We as fans don't exactly look at the draft like most GMs do.  It all boils down to who is there when we pick.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Eh. Gonna need you to take about 10-30% off there Squirrely Dan. Young WR coming off and ACL tear, that’s always kind of a crapshoot. 

Certainly not something we should lean on going forward. If he turns into a star, gravy. But the odds are against it. 

He will have over a year to recover though. So time is on his side 

On 9/30/2018 at 6:28 PM, ColtsBlitz said:

Watson was able to extend the play a lot.  As much as he was sacked there was more times where he avoided the pressure, got outside the pocket and found Hopkins or that rookie open 20 yards down the field.  

Guy is reminding me a bit of Russell Wilson.  Elite evasion ability that he uses to extend plays and find his guys open downfield.  

On 9/30/2018 at 6:25 PM, Flash7 said:

Yeah let's keep a 6th round draft pick with a busted up knee be our number two wide receiver, what could go wrong. Heck nobody catches now let's just continue the trend

On 9/30/2018 at 5:21 PM, Southside Hoosier Fan said:

hate to break it to you, but Ballard isnt going to spend awhole lot of money in free agency, he has made that clear already. he wants to build this team in the draft

5 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

hate to break it to you, but Ballard isnt going to spend awhole lot of money in free agency, he has made that clear already. he wants to build this team in the draft

Yeah, let's build through the draft what could go wrong. Who all ready for a one and done a season.  Better yet there are some many holes on this team it is ridiculous.  We need lineman, pass rusher, more than one corner, and wide receiver, and Running back.

24 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

He still has to spend a certian percentage of the cap anyway.

19 hours ago, HarryTheCat said:

Completely agree I would say we need to use one of our 2nd rounders or our 3rd rounder on a WR. Hilton needs a consistent and talented player opposite him. I would say we could go into next year expecting Cain to be our #4 WR, and if he surprises us, then great. 

20 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I wouldn’t draw any conclusions from 4 games.    Whatever the team is TODAY it’s not unreasonable to expect improvement over the course of the season.   The Colts WILL improve.

Plus, after the Patriots game, we have the easy part of the schedule with the Jets, Bills and Raiders.   We might sweep those and hit the break at 4-4.  That’s not a prediction, just saying it’s possible.

I’ll make the prediction: after the Patriots game the Colts will rattle off 6 straight wins. 

Main focus next year needs to be OT, CB, RB, LB then WR

I think the offensive line and CB are our top priority.  A stud running back is always nice but not at the expense of a good tackle or possible shut down corner.  The LB crew is set at only one position and the other two started are stops gaps.  We have young talent at WR and even tho I could see Hilton getting cut, we most likely will keep him another year. I like everyone want a dominate #1 wr but it’s down on our priority list.  I might even rank LB over RB but a 3 down RB is hard to pass up. 

3 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Main focus next year needs to be OT, CB, RB, LB then WR

I think the offensive line and CB are our top priority.  A stud running back is always nice but not at the expense of a good tackle or possible shut down corner.  The LB crew is set at only one position and the other two started are stops gaps.  

walker is also a good mlb, and we run a lot of two lb sets.  

Anybody who looked at the schedule realistically always knew it was very possible we'd be 1-4 after the Pats game.

However, looking at the schedule beyond that, it's conceivable that we go on a bit of a winning streak. So yeah, I'm not ready to assume where we'll be drafting yet, but I do think we'll have a very good idea after week 8 having played a few not so great teams.

3 hours ago, Virtuoso80 said:

He still has to spend a certian percentage of the cap anyway.

yeah but he isn't going to go and spend 15 million a year on an OL or WR, he proved it already when he didn't go and sign Andrew Norwell who is an established pro bowl guard. He is spending close to the minimum. Don't get me wrong, I hope he does go crazy and spend to add to the line, or add to the defensive side of the ball because quite frankly I think with Grigsons screw ups, Lucks years are being wasted. 

2 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Anybody who looked at the schedule realistically always knew it was very possible we'd be 1-4 after the Pats game.

However, looking at the schedule beyond that, it's conceivable that we go on a bit of a winning streak. So yeah, I'm not ready to assume where we'll be drafting yet, but I do think we'll have a very good idea after week 8 having played a few not so great teams.

I think we can beat NYJ, Buffalo, and Oakland but after that its games against JAX (twice in 4 weeks) TN, and Miami to round out the month of November, I don't think we go 4-0 in those games, realistically I think we go 1-3 at best. Then Houston, Dallas, NYG, and TN again to finish the season. 

Our wins will be:

Washington, NYJ, NYG, Oak, Buffalo, @Houston and Miami

Losses:

Cinci, Philly, Houston, JAX x2, TN x2, NE, Dallas

7-9 record to finish season so drafting between 7 and 14th

On 9/30/2018 at 10:59 PM, TKnight24 said:

Can’t wait to see Christian Wilkins & Nick Bosa in Colts Blue

:scoregood:

gonna need to be in the top 3 in the first round in order to have a chance for Bosa and with games coming up against the Jets, Bills and Raiders in the next 4 weeks I don't see us drafting that high. 

" With the 7th overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft....... The Indianapolis Colts Select..... Greedy Williams, Corner Back out of LSU "

21 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think you are devaluing Cain. He fell to us and was not a reach at all in the draft. Yes it normally takes a rookie receiver a little time to become accustom to the NFL but he has all the intangibles we are looking for in a receiver.  It is way too early to worry about the draft. I am quite sure that Ballard's scouts are looking at players to fit any position needed. We as fans don't exactly look at the draft like most GMs do.  It all boils down to who is there when we pick.

I'm not devaluing Cain at all. I think he was a nice pickup for the 6th round, but he fell because the Colts and 31 other teams didn't see him as a better choice than the 20 other WRs who were drafted ahead of him. I really hope that Cain can come all the way back from his torn ACL, but no one is going to really know for sure until well after the draft is over, when it will be too late to backfill the roster with a top prospect.

22 minutes ago, HarryTheCat said:

I'm not devaluing Cain at all. I think he was a nice pickup for the 6th round, but he fell because the Colts and 31 other teams didn't see him as a better choice than the 20 other WRs who were drafted ahead of him. I really hope that Cain can come all the way back from his torn ACL, but no one is going to really know for sure until well after the draft is over, when it will be too late to backfill the roster with a top prospect.

It will be too late to backfill the roster with a top prospect??   You sure don't have any faith that Ballard will pick the players who he thinks will help this team win. I don't think he has a preference on any certain position till he sees what his big board looks like. 

Will he draft for talent? Or will he draft for positions? 

On 10/1/2018 at 3:44 PM, NewColtsFan said:

It is very interesting that some you guys just penciled in Jets Bills and Radiers as 3 win in a row....  I can see maybe winnable but not a guarantee win.  

36 minutes ago, Tombstone said:

It is very interesting that some you guys just penciled in Jets Bills and Radiers as 3 win in a row....  I can see maybe winnable but not a guarantee win.  

Who guaranteed three wins?  Not me.

I literally said it’s not a prediction but it could happen.    Did someone else?   It wasn’t me....