Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Final Play Call

jvan1973

It didn't work, but I didn't mind going for it.  The hold on 2nd down was the killer.

Of course there are 15 reasons why we lost today.  That's why we're a 1-3 team.  

Overall the defense again played well enough to win, though. We got another turnover in the opponent's territory and nothing to show for it.  Through four weeks, off three red zone/near red zone turnovers and the fourth turnover today we have scored a total of 6 points.

• Like 3

I'm totally fine with the call. Colts are not a Super Bowl contender or a playoff team. They played terrible the first half. Luck with a lot of mistakes, lots of penalties, drops etc. and we are playing with some backups for backups on some position so it is not like Reich gambled our Super Bowl chance away. You should not have much expectations for this year guys another couple of low draft picks should help us next year. 

Without question,  one of the WORST calls I've seen in more than 50 years of watching football.

Inexcusable.     Indefensible.      Unprofessional.

There is no defense for it,  so I hope no one here,  and certainly not Reich offers one.

I hope he told the media that the loss is 100% on him.    Because it is.  

He can cool off for 24 hours and give expanded thoughts to the media on Monday.

But today,  he should stand there,  take the hit,  and leave the podium.   

So terrible on so many levels,  it's even hard to count....

Worst day of my 6 and a half years as a Colts fan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Like it a lot. It's not like 13-2 team, first in conf, was fighting for home field for playoff over 13-3 second team. It was young 1-2 team playing 0-3 divisional opponent. These rookies has to earn respect, support and love of their fans. They have to believe in themselves. And they can't do it by punting and going to locker room. Glad they tried.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Without question,  one of the WORST calls I've seen in more than 50 years of watching football.

There is no defense for it,  so I hope no one here,  and certainly not Reich offers one.

Well, then, good thing you were not around for the Art Schlichter QB era....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, K-148 said:

Like it a lot. It's not like 13-2 team, first in conf, was fighting for home field for playoff over 13-3 second team. It was young 1-2 team playing 0-3 divisional opponent. These rookies has to earn respect, support and love of their fans. They have to believe in themselves. And they can't do it by punting and going to locker room. Glad they tried.

Yes, under different circumstances you punt, but I had no problem with it.  

Now Reich's play calling after the turnover?  That was atrocious.  

Just now, Mr.Debonair said:

That’s good to see but doesn’t really mean much. It’s not like anyone is going to say they thought it was stupid or anything like that

I think some players might of the thought that.  

I'm pretty sure most of the team doesn't want to tie and would go for it there. 

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I disagree, a tie does nothing for us. We will just disagree on this. At least now we can agree that Andrew Luck's arm is fine, right? You seemed to think it wasn't. Very tough loss but I am fine with the effort. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

That’s good to see but doesn’t really mean much. It’s not like anyone is going to say they thought it was stupid or anything like that

Doesn't mean they're going to say they love it. If they didn't like it, he would say something like, "just following the coaches orders."

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

One of the worst, but at least Luck did well minus the TO's, but I do agree that the call was bad.

29 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

lol, consider yourself lucky if you have only been a colts fan for 6 years and this is the worst moment. You missed a lot of much more painful games in the 2000s

• Like 1

Dunno why everyone rags on the playcalling so much. The players need to execute. How many dropped TDs were there last week? How many drops (including that third down in ot) was there this game? Players need to execute as well.

As for going for it, I was all for going for it. If the ball had been placed higher it would've been a first down and we would've been talking up how ballsy Reich was. 

• Like 1

I don’t mind going for it but why put Rogers outside?  He was working from the slot the whole game...  Keep him there and give him a two way go on the option route...  Just too damn cute and overthinking the situation...  We’ve given away 3 of the first 4 games and the refs have done us dirty on the last 2.  

Also, after the interception, we had 2nd and 1. Ran it for a loss of 3. Now it’s 3rd & 4 and we run it again for another loss of 3...  What was Frank thinking?  And why do we continue to take all of our speed off the field and go heavy as if we’re gonna overpower the Texans front?  Our jumbo package should ONLY be used for Turbin.  

Spread the damn field and use the RPO we’re supposed to be implementing. And Chester needs to be Luck’s security blanket & possession receiver.  Drill it in practice a thousand times until their chemistry is 2nd to none.  With no Doyle, Rogers should always be Luck’s go to guy out of the slot.  I’m sick of us beating ourselves.  Frank and the offense gotta lift their level of play.

• Like 1