Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Final Play Call

jvan1973

Just now, bravo4460 said:

You play to win the game.

Again. Colts aren’t going to make any noise in playoffs anyway. A loss doesn’t really hurt them.

Disagree. If they get healthy, that tie could have been the difference between in and out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

They were down 18 at home to a team that hadn’t won in 11 months.  A tie isn’t a loss.  A tie was the play.  And for a team that young maybe coming back to tie is a building block.  Now it’s just a list of what went wrong.  Oh and what we all already knew - it’s Luck and little else.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bravo4460 said:

You honeslty as a football fan not just a Colts fan believe this Colts team is a playoff team?

Yes, if they can get healthy. Luck is back. The defense is better. 9-6-1 or 10-5-1 could make the playoffs as only KC is showing they are a force. 

Reich is gonna get hammered for going for it. But you are looking at 1-2-1, 1-3, or 2-2. I personally am okay with it. I don't like the end result but if they make it and pull out a win instead of a tie it would have been awesome. The bottom line is you can't give a team 14 points on a silver platter.

• Like 2

Don’t care what anyone says, that’s the right call. A don’t play for a tie, that’s stupid coaching. If Luck can actually put that ball a little higher, Rogers has the first down. Don’t forget the questionable ref calls that put us in that situation, and that fifth string WR who doinked the catch (why tf was he in there?)

The call was perfect, the execution was not

• Like 5

The call was to win the game. Had it worked, we would have won. Low throw and not being able to hold on is what went wrong, not the playcall. Stop placing the blame on Reich for trying to win a freaking football game when that’s all you guys seem to want. I’m sure if we had tied you’d all be every bit as upset. Let’s keep grinding, go offense next offseason, and then push for playoffs. I still love my Colts!

:coltslogo:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1