Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Final Play Call

jvan1973

3 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

You honeslty as a football fan not just a Colts fan believe this Colts team is a playoff team?

You have a point but nevertheless you never just give up at any point in the season. This will be discussed for a long time by the pros. Anxious to hear his reasoning.

3 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

I liked going for it but I hated the play call. Absolutely terrible. Looked like a routine 2nd and 4 play.

That's kind of how I feel.  In the end they pi$$$$$$$$$ed away 14 points off fumbles.  They aren't going to win many games doing that.  

They have to do something with these tackles but I'm not sure if there is anything they can do.  

• Like 1

Just now, 18to87 said:

Yes, if they can get healthy. Luck is back. The defense is better. 9-6-1 or 10-5-1 could make the playoffs as only KC is showing they are a force. 

I respect your opinion but I’m not on board. Even when healthy (which no team is or will be completely at end of year) this team is maybe an 8 win team. 

I feel people had had some high expectations for no reason. Andrew Luck can cover holes, but not this many.

Again if the Colts do their work this offseason and spend money/ draft well next year can be a great year.

9 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

You play to win the game.

Again. Colts aren’t going to make any noise in playoffs anyway. A loss doesn’t really hurt them.

Yeah even thought they claim they're in win now mode I think they're more in the mentality of play competitive ball mode.  I feel this year it's just practice for next year lol.  

Denver did something similar a few years ago and ended up losing the game.  They had a very good chance of making the playoffs that year.  The players and coaches said they'd rather go for the win and lose than play for a tie.  That's just the way they are wired.  That loss ended up keeping them out of the playoffs.  The tie would have gotten them in.  

Even if the Colts would have gotten that first down, it still could have ended in a tie. 

I have no problem going for it, just not against the Texans.

Yes, a tie sucks, but if we tied it would’ve resulted in the Colts being 1-2-1 while the Texans would’ve been 0-3-1. We would’ve retained the advantage but instead, we’re now tied for last in the division. We tried to avoid the tie with Houston and ended up in a tie with Houston. The irony.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

I respect your opinion but I’m not on board. Even when healthy (which no team is or will be completely at end of year) this team is maybe an 8 win team. 

I feel people had had some high expectations for no reason. Andrew Luck can cover holes, but not this many.

Again if the Colts do their work this offseason and spend money/ draft well next year can be a great year.

Fair. However, the schedule is soft. The Pats will be an L, but they could potentially beat everyone outside of the division with those divisional games as defacto playoff games. 

• Like 1

The question is...did we want a tie.

We were down 3 TD's in the second 1/2.

Came back, tied it. OT.

4th-4...go for it to win...punt and tie.

I like the aggressiveness.

And all of you can now be quiet about Luck's having no zip, or can't throw deep.  He had a 50 'in air' completion to T.Y.

He had one of the hardest zip passes i've seen to get a 1st down to Rodgers for about 14ish yards i've ever seen.

He has his strength back...he just hasn't used it much.

• Like 1

In hindsight, yeah it was dumb to go for it. Reich would look like a genius if Colts got the first down though. The play call itself was trash, and Luck could not have made that catch any more difficult for Rodgers. 

But how about Marcus Johnson dropping a wide open ball? Or Kelly with the worst snap of his career at the one yard line? Or the back to back losses on 2nd and 1 that forced a punt RIGHT when the Colts got a pick? Those mistakes are what cost us more than going for it late in the game to try to win.

This team isn't good enough to win games when making stupid mistakes like that. 

But why even go for it when you know you're missing so many pieces on offense? No TY, no Doyle, no AC, no Mack. Like come on. You really wanna rely on guys like Marcus Johnson and Chester Rogers late in games when you don't have to? THAT'S why I disagree with the call to go for it.