Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Final Play Call

jvan1973

16 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I'm genuinely curious as to how they arrive at these "odds," because signing Bell, considering what he'll be asking for in guaranteed money, would be the most non-Chris Ballard thing I can think of.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I'm genuinely curious as to how they arrive at these "odds," because signing Bell, considering what he'll be asking for in guaranteed money, would be the most non-Chris Ballard thing I can think of.

Probably because of the instagram comments. I think that's how they came to that conclusion. Which is zero proof of anything.

18 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

probably his twitter and instagram. 

22 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Cap space and need.

Oh, don't bother asking Leveon Bell whether he wants to come to the Colts or not.  Or whether the Colts want him.  We'll just look at cap space and need, and then write an article on how the Colts are the odds-on favorite to get him.

Whatev.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stitches said:

I think I'd rather pay Bell 15M a year than use up a no. 2 pick for Barkley. 

?????????

Bell isn't an elite runner he's above average.  He's an elite pass catcher and a great pass blocker. You're saying you'd rather have a RB who doesn't do anything better than what we already have and has wear and tear, off the field problems and injury history over a young talented runner?  That is very confusing.

5 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

?????????

Bell isn't an elite runner he's above average.  He's an elite pass catcher and a great pass blocker. You're saying you'd rather have a RB who doesn't do anything better than what we already have and has wear and tear, off the field problems and injury history over a young talented runner?  That is very confusing.

Bell does everything better than what we have(better between the tackles than anything we have, better bouncing outside than anything we have, better pass-protector than anything we have, better pass-catcher than anythign we have... maybe the only thing we have better than him is short-yardage back in Turbin, but then again- he's suspended for quarter of the season) and the main value RBs provide to modern offenses is with their pass-catching, which Bell is particularly elite at. He's probably the best pass-catching RB in the league, you can split him out wide and make him run WR routes and he will shred whoever is matched up with him. 

The wear and tear is valid concern. 

My comment had more to do with the allocation of resources than with the two specific players. 15M capspace is much easier to come by than a no. 2 pick. We've had those discussions already during the draft process. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Thats always a positive. I hear its legal in D.C. as well.

No matter what state is legal or not legal it is not legal for a NFL to use it.  The NFL is just like some jobs in Colorado, it is still not legal or acceptable.  Any property owned or subsidized by the federal government it is not legal to use or possess weed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, stitches said:

Bell does everything better than what we have(better between the tackles than anything we have, better bouncing outside than anything we have, better pass-protector than anything we have, better pass-catcher than anythign we have... maybe the only thing we have better than him is short-yardage back in Turbin, but then again- he's suspended for quarter of the season) and the main value RBs provide to modern offenses is with their pass-catching, which Bell is particularly elite at. He's probably the best pass-catching RB in the league, you can split him out wide and make him run WR routes and he will shred whoever is matched up with him. 

The wear and tear is valid concern. 

My comment had more to do with the allocation of resources than with the two specific players. 15M capspace is much easier to come by than a no. 2 pick. We've had those discussions already during the draft process. 

We don't need a pass catching RB. We have 2 with that skillset and a stock of TE's.  We will just have to agree to disagree on our perception of Bells ability. 

Allocation of resources indeed but to spend 15 million on a RB who if (and that's big if giving his injury history, off field issues and dedication to rap) and he wants guaranteed money?  I don't think it's so cut and dry as you make it. 

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I bet they are (at a minimum) $6M apart on aav.

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Does seem to be a move that is opposite of the course Ballard  presently has this franchise on .

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

We don't need a pass catching RB. We have 2 with that skillset and a stock of TE's.  We will just have to agree to disagree on our perception of Bells ability. 

Allocation of resources indeed but to spend 15 million on a RB who if (and that's big if giving his injury history, off field issues and dedication to rap) and he wants guaranteed money?  I don't think it's so cut and dry as you make it. 

Oh, I am not particularly enthralled by the idea of giving 15M for a RB either, but if we are to go for elite RB, I'd much rather it be in FA than in the top 10 of a draft... something a ton of people around here were advocating for. 

I think both are examples of bad allocation of resources. One more so. 

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

As per Le'Veon Bell's agent...

Bell himself has been flirting with the Colts on his social media accounts. There have been like... 5-6 posts about the Colts on instagram in the last month he's commented on with cryptic messages. The latest one was our DLinemen and Olinemen fielding punts. He hasn't commented on any other team's posts. 

We really don't have a RB that has proved beyond a doubt they are NFL caliber.  And we do have a lot of cap space.  So I can see where a connection could be made by the oddsmakers.  And then there is Bell's obvious affinity for the Colts.  No-one really thinks Ballard would go there but I guess the point is one should never say never.  We really won't know until the season plays out and FA starts up again. 

• 1 month later...