Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck looked like crap tonight

GusFring

4 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

People acting like Dez is the missing piece is so laughable... has everyone already forgotten about the Andre Johnson experiment?

AJ was 34 years old, Dez is 29..... Im not saying that Dez is the answer but I dont think Chester or Grant is a reliable #2 or #3.

We knew going into this game that getting anything out of the starting offense was going to be tough.  No TY.  No Mack.  No Turbin.  No starting tackles.

Sure enough, the only one who could get open at all was Doyle.  We don't need to practice throwing to him; we already know we can.  But no one else could get open.

Eventually, Andrew began feeling the pressure to score, and began to hold onto the ball longer, and attempt to improvise.  This gets him sacked twice.  Had to pull him before he got hurt.  We knew that there was nothing he could do if no one could get open.

Yes, we do need to mention that our starting offense has gone two preseason games without scoring a touchdown.  Easy to poo-poo it, and say it's just preseason.  But an offense's inability to score in the preseason usually finds a mirror when the games count.

I'd like to see the starters back next week, and see what we can do with everyone on the field.

• Like 1

I say this trying to be completely realistic, and also thinking Luck has looked pretty good so far. But I think the more optimistic/high expectation fans need to take a cue from what Luck/Ballard/Irsay have been saying.

This team needs work, Luck included. Anybody acting like 8-8 is our floor is in for a wake up call IMO. Not that we can’t get there or better this season, but this team isn’t just going to waltz their way to .500.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A ton to critique, it's preseason obviously, but some useless tv observations... Only watched the first half. Will watch fully tomorrow 

WR's on several plays started watching Luck at times and stopped running. Can't do that.

Clark at LT... No.

Didn't hate Smith at RT. Kelly and Nelson seemed solid.

Leonard will be good I think. No data to back it up. Just seems quick and gets to the ball.

Simon and Ridgeway flashed a little.

Autry is one I'm pulling for also.

We'll see how it unfolds.

52 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Luck has always been a slow starter. I was hoping Pagano was the reason, but I fear this is who Andrew Luck is.

Yeah, like when he threw a touchdown on his first play in the NFL, during the preseason against the Steelers... Lol

13 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Oh yes, I forgot Dez and Andre were the same person, had the exact same DNA etc... Very poor argument.

No,   not really.   If dez was good,   he would have been signed.   He isn't coming here.  Tonight is meaningless.  No game plan,  luck wasn't hurt.  All is good on offense.   The defense is another story

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Luck hasn't thrown a td in two preseason games, definitely concerning. I'm actually questioning Coach Reich a bit as I figured he'd be able to compensate on offense with Luck back and he's been unable to do so. Right now, the 1st team offense looks like garbage, and that's with Luck. It's time to sign Dez IMO. When Hilton comes back, those two would be respectable along with Luck, Doyle and Ebron.

It's preseason. The last time Luck played a full season our offense was top 5-10. And I bet you don't remember how sluggish the O was that year in the preseason? They were terrible that year as well. Remember the Philly game? For that matter most of the preseason the first unit Barely scored any points. Different unit once the real games began. Let's not put too much into this. Concern is fine up to a point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

It's preseason. The last time Luck played a full season our offense was top 5-10. And I bet you don't remember how sluggish the O was that year in the preseason? They were terrible that year as well. Remember the Philly game? For that matter most of the preseason the first unit Barely scored any points. Different unit once the real games began. Let's not put too much into this. Concern is fine up to a point.

The last year Luck played a full season, we also scored 3 points or less in the first quarter in 11 of our 16 games. Luck isn't just going to miraculously improve. He always starts slow, and it costs us games. Add to the equation that our WR core is pretty much worthless besides Hilton, and we are in trouble. People are also assuming Luck will shake the rust off and go back to 2014 Luck, which is far from a guarantee. There is plenty of reason to be concerned until Luck proves otherwise.

It's the second game of the preseason and the first offense has key guys not playing. Luck survived. He'll be fine. 

If there's any kind of takeaway, it's that the Colts depth isn't even middle of the road. They're playing JB late, that should swing this thing and it's not making any difference. 

4 minutes ago, Stephen said:

0 and 5

0 and 100!!! Hell, they might not win again! 

I don’t think Clark was as bad as everyone was saying.

On the Suggs sack the Doyle chip block wasn’t effective so when Clark tried to pick up the blitzer he wasn’t able to recover in time. 

The other sack was Kelly’s fault. He was beat badly and Clark came over & tried to pick him up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, P'Son said:

After pre-season, if Biscuit proves to be the better QB, then Biscuit should be the week one starter.

Honestly, Brissett is probably closer to Luck's level than anyone on here would admit. I'd say Luck is top 10 and Brissett is top 20. The gap isn't extremely large. When Brissett plays at his best, he's on Luck's skill level.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Honestly, Brissett is probably closer to Luck's level than anyone on here would admit. I'd say Luck is top 10 and Brissett is top 20. The gap isn't extremely large. When Brissett plays at his best, he's on Luck's skill level.

I agree.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I would love to see the fans reaction to a last second change to Phillip Walker right before the game begun. LOL!

Well, I mean, Philip threw a TD pass today, Luck didn't, so Luck is worse than Phil (can I call him Phil?). They'd have no reason to be upset! 

Just now, richard pallo said:

Yeah let's get him running behind the 1st. OL.

Agreed. He can run and catch the ball. The fumble was unfortunate, but it looked like he just got it stripped away while being tackled by 2 Ravens near the goal line. I won't hold it against him too much. He may be our best RB to start the season with.

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

I find myself holding my breath when he's on the kick return team.  He's scary back there.

I thought I read a tweet that said he's fumbled 7 times. If true, that's absolutely horrible and they need to take him off the return team yesterday. 7 times includes training camp and practice.

• Like 1

I like Brissett, but top 20? Luck pre surgery was top 8 imo. Jacoby is not that. 

Rodgers

Brady

Ben

Wilson

Wentz

Brees

Cam

Stafford

Ryan

Carr

Mariota

Goff

Jimmy G

Luck

Dak

Alex Smith

Jameis

I dont think he's better than Mahomes, Nick Foles, Sam Bradford, Keenum, Cousins, Flacco

So where is this top 20 thing coming from? 

Not really sure of he's better than Bortles. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BlackPanther said:

Luck won't be playing at his best until week 3 or 4 IMO.

No one knows when he's going to actually hit his full stride, but this panic in week two of the preseason is such a forums.colts.com thing to do. 

I mean, honestly if we saw the stat line Luck put up today in a crystal ball a few weeks ago, I can't imagine most people would panic- because it's week 2 of the preseason, this should be self evident.. It's second most worthless game on the NFL schedule next to preseason week 4. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bravo4460 said:

Going to be some bad games from Luck.

More worried about the WR. Rogers is the only one with separation from the defenders and Doyle is making good catches. 

Grant looked terrible.

Ebron not flashing

Luck missed his windows receivers and te s did there part from what I saw . Expected will need a lot of work to get his timing down