Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anybody there in INDY getting an idea of what we will get out of Le'Raven Clark this year ?

HOF19

7 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

This is just me but I really think it is time for him to WOW our coaching staff .

to answer your question, i think the only thing that he's done to WOW our coaching staff is just how bad he is.  He's likely already booked his ticket to leave indy. 

I think he's only on the roster if a key injury happens to one of the 9-10 guys ahead of him. Otherwise he's history. Not sure if he would qualify for the PS given his time on the 53 man roster, but even if he did, I would think the slot would be given to a more promising player.  The guy has the natural tools from everything I've heard but is just not mentally or physically strong enough. For whatever reason, he's been a bust. Like so many other Grigson picks. Just another reason to be thankful for the regime change. 

22 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

If...…. if I go by the depth chart if AC is hurt Mr. Clark is our opening game starting LT no ???

You never take the first depth chart seriously. Its just something teams have to release. those names are in pencil not pen

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

You never take the first depth chart seriously. Its just something teams have to release. those names are in pencil not pen

Well I know how the fan base feels about Clark just wondering if the front office and coaches agree with the fan base .

11 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Well I know how the fan base feels about Clark just wondering if the front office and coaches agree with the fan base .

The first indication might be that the Seattle players speak about Mr. Clark to the coaching staff without saying a single word.  He can play both guard & tackle which is a plus, but for who?

37 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

If...…. if I go by the depth chart if AC is hurt Mr. Clark is our opening game starting LT no ???

They're putting our franchise QB out there tomorrow night. Whomever they start at LT will speak volumes about Clark. I'll put my money on Clark. I'll also go beyond that and say he makes the team.

1 hour ago, Hoose said:

I think he's only on the roster if a key injury happens to one of the 9-10 guys ahead of him. Otherwise he's history. Not sure if he would qualify for the PS given his time on the 53 man roster, but even if he did, I would think the slot would be given to a more promising player.  The guy has the natural tools from everything I've heard but is just not mentally or physically strong enough. For whatever reason, he's been a bust. Like so many other Grigson picks. Just another reason to be thankful for the regime change. 

No he wont he played in too many games now I believe.

20 minutes ago, Jeremy Waldon said:

Good news for the team, next yrs draft is heavy on OT there is 2 projected in top 10. Just saw a mock one today

I think one was greg little and the other was jonah i think

That might just be what we have to do...…. All posters reading this please understand I might have been spoiled watching Tarik Glenn at LT when he was with us .

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Douzer said:

They're putting our franchise QB out there tomorrow night. Whomever they start at LT will speak volumes about Clark. I'll put my money on Clark. I'll also go beyond that and say he makes the team.

It is the fact that our Franchise QB is gonna be out there...….That is making me have to trust a coaching staff and front office at a level that sometimes makes feel a little uncomfortable. There are guys on the opposing team who score points with their coaches by sacking QB's.

1 hour ago, Douzer said:

You may be right. It is also a terrifying realization. Maybe Clark will finally "get it". He is protecting our franchise qb's blindside who has been through the ringer already. Maybe it lights a fire.

58 minutes ago, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

You may be right. It is also a terrifying realization. Maybe Clark will finally "get it". He is protecting our franchise qb's blindside who has been through the ringer already. Maybe it lights a fire.

As an earlier poster said they really don't have a strong ER that he will have to deal with.  To be safe I can see them giving Luck some extra help on that side in passing downs.  Clark has shown he can't be counted on at either tackle spot.  He's there out of necessity.   

15 hours ago, Douzer said:

With AC and Good not playing most likely Haeg starts. I expect a lot of chipping from the back or TE help on that side. Clark is just another list of busts from the 2016 class. Morrison is on the bubble, ridgeway imo wont make the team over rooches and mccain, and id put green on this list, but unfortunately our lack of depth at S keeps him around another year 

IMO this should be the lineup

George Costanza - Haeg

Nelson - Clark

Kelly - Bond

Slausen - Smith

Howard - Good

Clark has been iffy at tackle, appears to be average at guard last year. I remember when he leveled Soloman Thomas on a block last year.

9 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

George Costanza - Haeg

Nelson - Clark

Kelly - Bond

Slausen - Smith

Howard - Good

Clark has been iffy at tackle, appears to be average at guard last year. I remember when he leveled Soloman Thomas on a block last year.

Vuj beat him out last year.  I see no reason why he can't do it again.  You need more than one good play to get your coaches attention.  If you were a Grigson pick, with the exception of Kelly,  you are going to need a very strong preseason to make the team on the OL.

I have been waiting a long...… long...….long time to type this on this message board but now that gameday is here. Colts coaches please PLEASE do whatever it takes to keep Andrew healthy...……..PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it just me or is the offensive line play across the league getting worse, especially at the LT position? Now that Joe Thomas, the elder statesmen of left tackles is retired, it just dropped off even more. I can really only think of about ten that you’d even be okay with as a starter. People dog on Castonzo, but we’re lucky to have him. 

2 hours ago, rock8591 said:

George Costanza - Haeg

Nelson - Clark

Kelly - Bond

Slausen - Smith

Howard - Good

George Castanza?  LOL  I don't think he would fare very well... though better than Clark would. LOL

19 hours ago, HOF19 said:

No.  I've yet to see a report or Tweet from any Colts writer that has shown Clark in at LT in Castanzo's absence.  I've seen Haeg and the guy the just picked up, J'Marcus Webb, instead.

Those pre-season depth charts are not worth the paper they are written on.

My bet is that Clark's days as a Colt are over come September.

I don't know what is going on with Clark but I will say this. Ballard has seen him for two off seasons. If he doesn't make some progress under this new regime I'm sure he will have no problem letting him go. I will give him the benefit of this full preseason. It's a new offense with new coaches and maybe something will start clicking. We all expected him to be our starting RT but even if he is just a back up we still need those. I'm not voting to cut him just because he hasn't lived up to his draft status...but if he doesn't make some strides soon yes he could very easily find himself without a job.

6 hours ago, CR91 said:

With AC and Good not playing most likely Haeg starts. I expect a lot of chipping from the back or TE help on that side. Clark is just another list of busts from the 2016 class. Morrison is on the bubble, ridgeway imo wont make the team over rooches and mccain, and id put green on this list, but unfortunately our lack of depth at S keeps him around another year 

I'm not anywhere near where you're at right now.

Clark started 51 straight games at Texas Tech. He spent his last 3 years at LT and was projected to be a LT in the NFL. He was also projected to be a 1st or 2nd rounder in the draft. He was described as a potential All-Pro if he could learn the NFL techniques he was NOT taught at Texas Tech. His physical traits & measurables were characterized as 'Elite' and 'Rare'. 

On the other hand, Lance Zeirlein also put him in his "Boom or Bust" article for that draft. All-Pro potential, or Bust if he didn't go to school on the core NFL techniques.

So, he's only 25, and if he got the coaching, he could be the future LT on this team. It takes 2 years (IMHO) to learn the techniques correctly. So, from that perspective, I consider any judgement before the 3rd year mark as premature.  Year 3 is here now, and I'm the optimist that thinks he will be a huge success, not the bust.

I'm as curious as you to see which outcome becomes reality.

Draft Profile:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/le'raven-clark?id=2555202

Boom or Bust:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000655895/article/hackenberg-among-biggest-boomorbust-prospects-in-nfl-draft

• Like 2