Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Ballard Presser

TKnight24

Beyond excited for THIS pre-season and regular season getting most if not all our players back . Nice to have some light shine through after a long stay of dark clouds for the past year. Not saying we will be super bowl champs or anything, BUT I am quite optimistic!

7 minutes ago, Coltsfan0112 said:

Somewhere in twitter land, Brad wells is coming up with Sources saying that Luck is really not healthy and he will not be ready for the season lol

You know training camp's right around the corner when Brad's dropping hot takes on Twitter, & he's definitely on a roll today...

17 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

You know training camp's right around the corner when Brad's dropping hot takes on Twitter, & he's definitely on a roll today...

If you ignore him maybe he’ll go away.   I won’t even follow him ironically, which is probably the only reason anyone does.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TKnight24 said:

Love the Offense. Now if we can only figure out who’s behind that D line.  

This is the first season in recent memory that we really don’t know our starters at LBs and DBs.  We can pencil in Quincy, Harrison, and Desir but keep that eraser handy.  

Anyones guess at S to start the season.  No clue at LB.  

IMHO, anyone <85% should start camp on the PUP until they get nearer to 95-100%, just in case. Why?  You can come off it at any time!  But if they practice at camp at all, even for only one minute, they are ineligible to be put on the PUP should things go sour at some point.

As for our LB's, I heard Eberflus mention this as they broke for summer vacation-

“I said, ‘Hey, we have 10 guys in here. One through 10. We have no idea who is 1 and we have no idea who is 10.' So the competition is up in the air.”  That position is wide open.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

IMHO, anyone <85% should start camp on the PUP until they get nearer to 95-100%, just in case. Why?  You can come off it at any time!  But if they practice at camp at all, even for only one minute, they are ineligible to be put on the PUP should things go sour at some point.

As for our LB's, I heard Eberflus mention this as they broke for summer vacation-

“I said, ‘Hey, we have 10 guys in here. One through 10. We have no idea who is 1 and we have no idea who is 10.' So the competition is up in the air.”  That position is wide open.

Respectfully...   I’d love to tell Eberflus  that if he can’t tell 1-10 with this group then the Colts have a serious, serious problem.   

That’s not good!    

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Love the Offense. Now if we can only figure out who’s behind that D line.  

This is the first season in recent memory that we really don’t know our starters at LBs and DBs.  We can pencil in Quincy, Harrison, and Desir but keep that eraser handy.  

Anyones guess at S to start the season.  No clue at LB.  

Mathias Farley, and probably T.J. Green. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Respectfully...   I’d love to tell Eberflus  that if he can’t tell 1-10 with this group then the Colts have a serious, serious problem.   

That’s not good!    

That sounds like a negative nellie to me.

I trust Ballard's decision making on roster a lot more than anyone on this forum!

• Thanks 1

I’m hoping Geathers is healthy because I think he is a MAJOR key. IF he is, he could mean to this defense what Bob Sanders meant to the Championship team. 

Would like to see a FA pickup for the secondary and perhaps a LB. 

As far as the kneeling, I just wonder, what event will make it stop? When this country becomes perfect? Good luck with that !

1 hour ago, coltsfeva said:

I’m hoping Geathers is healthy because I think he is a MAJOR key. IF he is, he could mean to this defense what Bob Sanders meant to the Championship team. 

Would like to see a FA pickup for the secondary and perhaps a LB. 

As far as the kneeling, I just wonder, what event will make it stop? When this country becomes perfect? Good luck with that !

I’d imagine Kenny Vaccaro & Bashaud Breeland are on their way soon

If Tre Boston story had any truth to it or not, he’s probably not signing with us. So I’d rather just go ahead and get Kenny and then Breeland when his foot is healed 

1 hour ago, Savage said:

I feel like our Running Backs are going to put a lot of people and teams on notice. Mack and Hines together are going to be scary.

I agree.  I'm kinda looking forward to seeing Christine Michael.  I think he could add another dimension to our run game if he can return to health and former self.  Could be a good fill for

Turbin's spot in the rotation.

15 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

That’s not good!    

Coach speak.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

That sounds like a negative nellie to me.

I trust Ballard's decision making on roster a lot more than anyone on this forum!

Huh?

I don’t think there are 5 other posters who have HATED Ballard’s off-season more than you.   You have been relentless...

You HATED his approach to Free Agency.    You nicknamed him El Cheapo.

You HATED his draft more than most.

The majority of your posts have been negative about Ballard and the team.  You just said the other day that 2 wins is more likely than 9.

And today you claim you trust Ballard’s decision making more than most here?!?    

WTH?!?

You must be living in a parallel universe.    Unless that was a feeble attempt at irony or humor, the opposite is true.

You say you have me on ignore, so you may not respond here.   That’s fine.   But at least your real record is now clear.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I agree.  I'm kinda looking forward to seeing Christine Michael.  I think he could add another dimension to our run game if he can return to health and former self.  Could be a good fill for

Turbin's spot in the rotation.

Hoping Michael can return to former self?  Let's hope not. He was a turnover waiting to happen.

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

I don’t think there are 5 other posters who have HATED Ballard’s off-season more than you.   You have been relentless...

You HATED his approach to Free Agency.    You nicknamed him El Cheapo.

You HATED his draft more than most.

The majority of your posts have been negative about Ballard and the team.  You just said the other day that 2 wins is more likely than 9.

And today you claim you trust Ballard’s decision making more than most here?!?    

WTH?!?

You must be living in a parallel universe.    Unless that was a feeble attempt at irony or humor, the opposite is true.

You say you have me on ignore, so you may not respond here.   That’s fine.   But at least your real record is now clear.

I am pretty sure he was just trying to be funny judging by his other Posts. You had me lmao at "El Cheapo", I missed that Post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Hoping Michael can return to former self?  Let's hope not. He was a turnover waiting to happen.

haha...no, I'm speaking more to the power game.

2 fumbles in 117 carries is not a lot in my opinion.  One was a crucial 4th period game, but even Frank Gore fumbled (twice??) somewhere around the Red Zone.  It happens.

12 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

haha...no, I'm speaking more to the power game.

2 fumbles in 117 carries is not a lot in my opinion.  One was a crucial 4th period game, but even Frank Gore fumbled (twice??) somewhere around the Red Zone.  It happens.

After looking at his numbers since he has been in the league all I can say is don't get your hopes up too much. The contract he signed with the Colts is the 7th one he has signed in 5 years. No one hopes he does good as much as I do but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

• Like 2

I enjoyed Kevin Bowen's summary of the presser (link at the bottom) and the one quote I found most interesting was when Ballard was talking about the cornerback group:

"I love Kenny Moore. I think Kenny Moore has a chance to be a really, really good player."

Wilson and Desir are most likely the starting duo as we roll into camp, but I expected it to be Hairston pushing those two for starting time rather than Moore, who was a good ST player last year but interesting he is so high on Ballard's radar.

I would be quite happy if Moore is good enough to be the third man as it means we can leave Hairston in the nickel role where he surpassed all expectations last year.

http://www.1070thefan.com/blogs/kevins-corner/colts-coverage/chris-ballard-andrew-luck-throwing-it-pretty-well-entering-colts

• Thanks 1

"I do like (Anthony) Walker. He had a heck of a spring. (Najee) Goode has been a good addition for us. Then you have all those young bodies. Then you have (Antonio) Morrison, who plays on heart and toughness",

http://www.1070thefan.com/blogs/kevins-corner/colts-coverage/chris-ballard-andrew-luck-throwing-it-pretty-well-entering-colts

Everytime you think it's the last of Morrison you have somebody mentioning him.  And like I said he was getting first team run in the OTAS.

• Like 1

Ballard seems to have a major man crush on Kenny Moore.  The dude said we "like" Pierre Desir,  we "like" Quincy Wilson.  And then when he gets to Kenny he says "I Love Kenny Moore".   He was just gushing about the kid.

• Like 1