Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

52nd pick: Indianapolis Colts select DE Kemoko Turay

TKnight24

9 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

I just have an issue with people saying fans don't know anything when just about everyone here was angry about the Dorsett pick.  

We're not at that point yet though.  

And obviously outside of the 1st and early 2nd rounds, most fans don't know these guys. 

Most people who complained about the Dorsett pick were not complaining that he wasn't any good...

Their big complaint was that we had other more pressing needs....

Look...  have fun with the draft...   voice your opinion...   but once you start thinking you know more than the GM, you've Jumped the Shark.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

I just have an issue with people saying fans don't know anything when just about everyone here was angry about the Dorsett pick.  

We're not at that point yet though.  

And obviously outside of the 1st and early 2nd rounds, most fans don't know these guys. 

Fans know very little, just enough for them to post about things that they are not qualified to give an educated opinion on.  You are right that most fans don't know these guys and that is precisely why they should not be commenting on wether the picks are reaches or bad picks.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

Fans know very little, just enough for them to post about things that they are not qualified to give an educated opinion on.  You are right that most fans don't know these guys and that is precisely why they should not be commenting on wether the picks are reaches or bad picks.

fans could have thrown darts at a draft board blind folded and done as well or better than our last GM 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, threeflight said:

3 second round picks.

I would say all 3 went WELL before they were projected.

4 second round picks, and all went somewhat before projected. I think that is very fair. It's funny because in a vacuum, I like these players. 2 pass rushing DE's, 2 mauler OG's, and 1 rangy LB. Great approach to build from the trenches! And I think these players will be good. But considering how high our picks were, it feels like we didn't receive full value on them. Each was 5-15 picks from where they were projected.

Overall, a very nice overhaul for the Colts as a whole. Just feeling meh because I don't feel SUPER ECSTATIC/BLOWN AWAY by the picks. Oh well.

1 hour ago, bsteves said:

Didn't Ballard say Sheard and Simon will be good DE's in our new defense? I'm really confused. We really need a corner ie Oliver.

They're fine...

But first, they're not long term guys an second, Ballard wants lots and lots of guys who can rush...    bring them in waves...    that's the new NFL...

Yes..   we need a corner...  hopefully early tomorrow..

44 minutes ago, krunk said:

This is a Ziggy Ansah type deal. Just needs a few tweaks. Moves really well. Mathis says he will be a star so keep your mind open and let it play out. All the athletic traits are there.

Ziggy was much better even though he had less experience coming out of college. Ziggy wasn’t injury prone and had good production unlike Turay. 

3 hours ago, ColtsBlitz said:

You guys are ridiculous. None of us have access to film like any NFL team does. They haven’t even seen the field and everyone hates them. Good God this forum is annoying

What's killing me is that a bunch of us spend the offseason watching film, evaluating players, doing mock drafts, and talking about players. Come draft day, people come out of the woodwork screeching about how terrible these players are and "who is that?" If you don't you know Kemoko Turay is, I don't think you have any reason to be upset at the pick. ESPN and NFL.com have him rated lower than where he went, so obviously CB doesn't know what he's doing. /s

I really like him, even though I projected him a bit lower than where we picked him. He needs some refinement, but I think in a year or 2 he could be a really good DE for us. Keep in mind that we have some bodies at DE and don't expect to be contending this year, so taking a guy that should be hitting his stride when your roster should be ready for contention is setting yourself up for the long haul.

3 hours ago, colts89 said:

Mayfield had far worse off-field issues and he was the first overall pick. I really want to hear in more detail as to this meeting thing. There is always the chance that he just might have scheduled something wrong , and that kind of stuff should truly be handled by an agent/manager for this kid. He might not be responsible in terms of making meetings, but he always has been in terms of on the field actions and his backstory really shows he has been a lot more responsible then many in a world full of traps for him. Also, his talent makes up for that 10 fold imo. 

I don't think he'll be available to us in the third, but who knows haha.

What did he lie about? Honestly curious.

Mayfield had some off field issues, but was also the best QB in college football last season that projects well to the NFL. Teams overlook one off-field incident like his when you're the best player at the most important position. Guice was a really good RB, but also had an injury-riddled season last year and has the character questions.

From what I understand, he said that he was asked certain inappropriate questions by scouts at the combine. When the NFL investigated, that didn't seem to be the case, especially since Guice's story had about 3 variations to it. I like him as a RB prospect and he seems like a good kid from what I've seen of him, but there definitely has to be more to it for him to fall as far as he has.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Ziggy was much better even though he had less experience coming out of college. Ziggy wasn’t injury prone and had good production unlike Turay. 

You will eat your words. Turay will be good

8 hours ago, krunk said:

This is a Ziggy Ansah type deal. Just needs a few tweaks. Moves really well. Mathis says he will be a star so keep your mind open and let it play out. All the athletic traits are there.

Mathis really liked Bates a lot as well.  He is going to say nice things and not contradict his bosses. 

21 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Mathis really liked Bates a lot as well.  He is going to say nice things and not contradict his bosses. 

Who is Bates? You mean that damn near undrafted kid from Maine? That's a heck of a lot different than a 2nd round pick. Keep your mind open and watch film. Touray will be pretty good.

10 minutes ago, krunk said:

Who is Bates? You mean that damn near undrafted kid from Maine? That's a heck of a lot different than a 2nd round pick. Keep your mind open and watch film. Touray will be pretty good.

The point is Mathis really liked Bates, didn't we draft him?, and he said a lot of nice things about his potential just like he is saying about Touray.  FYI  Mayock said he saw a kid who didn't know much of what he was doing.  From his perspective it sounds like Touray has a lot to learn.  Just because Mathis says nice things doesn't mean it's a sure thing.  I would hope he will be pretty good.  He is a 2nd. rd. pick but unfortunately another project IMO. 

5 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Apparently Turay woke up and wore a Colts shirt yesterday. He was that confident we would pick him. Is that because nobody else showed much interest? 

I don't believe that, I believe it's because Ballard absolutely loved the kid. He was excited in his presser about how Turay was the best pass rusher at the senior bowl and I think we had heavy, heavy interest in picking him, to the point where Ballard may of tipped his hand somewhat to Turay that he was taking him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCKAAD-i8AI

1:51 of this video against Michigan and the next play against Illinois really shows his explosiveness. He hesitates on the first play against Michigan and recognizes a loose ball and just gets after it. Illinois he comes off the ball like a rocket and makes the RT look like a fool. Great use of hands and his length. Lot of speed.

This kid is going to grow on all of us.