Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With the 36th & 37th pick, Indianapolis Colts select Darius Leonard & Braden Smith

TKnight24

3 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

No..must fall in company line like big brother..no disagreements...yeah right.

Ballard and the scouts have watched hundreds of hours of film.   They have actually talked to these kids.   Fans watch YouTube.   I'm going to take the opinion of those in the know

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mick12Maher said:

Yeah. They aren’t sexy picks but Ballard is building the o-line for luck. This could be the first year we have a good line. Leonard pick was a reach but he’s a good player with a high ceiling. Trust Ballard. 

Ryan tried to build a line too, getting more d will help. 

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I’m not super familiar with either guy, but no matter how ya slice it, we just drafted 3 starters in a row, & have another pick in this round.

Draft anyone and they're a starter on this team.

• Like 1

I just love how all off season we've heard how we need to protect Andrew Luck. That if we only had an OL then Luck wouldn't have missed last year. Then Ballard goes and tries to fix the OL and the GM wannabes cry because it isn't the sexy pic. Come on people! If we protect Andrew this team will be a playoff contender.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

No he wasn't...at least not as a quasi-1st rounder. He's an FCS player and his Combine was meh.

Need pick...the theme this far.

You did not see the combine obviously. go back and watch tape

1 minute ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

I just love how all off season we've heard how we need to protect Andrew Luck. That if we only had an OL then Luck wouldn't have missed last year. Then Ballard goes and tries to fix the OL and the GM wannabes cry because it isn't the sexy pic. Come on people! If we protect Andrew this team will be a playoff contender.

Mel Kiper's Hair is definitely right, such great hair!

• Thanks 1

I love picking Darius Leonard. He is a perfect linebacker for the defense and he is one of the few linebackers projected as a possible second round pick.

Smith seems more of a guard than a tackle at least based on most of what i've read. I'll be interested to see where Ballard/Reich view him playing. After taking Nelson in round 1 I would have preferred another defensive player but that's JMO. I hope Smith brings a similar nasty attitude that Nelson is projected to bring.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Smith is a 1st team All American and All SEC. So he must be a scrub! We are bringing in 2 All Americans on the OL Protecting Andrew Luck is going to happen finally! Good pick!

Yes, I love these picks I love it that we're finally maybe going to have a dominant O-line. I know everybody wants us to fix all our problems in one draft that it isn't going to happen it wasn't supposed to happen. That's why they have a three-year plan. But they had to protect Luck in the meantime. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Ryan tried to build a line too, getting more d will help. 

Yeah with overpaid free agents that busted and mid to late round draft picks. This isn't even comparable. Two All American guards, one being the best prospect possibly ever. This is game changing for this offense and Andrew Luck. 

• Like 1