Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 NFL Draft Thread

7 minutes ago, Reign Supreme said:

Bro I don't like Ballard, and after New England played him like a fiddle, I truly believe that he's in over his head. He is in the wrong sport for how he sees the game, he has a baseball/basketball approach, but the difference is those aren't contact sports and much more violent. You can't analyse football like baseball. This draft was loaded and every player we could of hope for feel in our lap and what does this intellectual disabled fool does? He goes digging in Barrel trying to find diamonds In the rought in the freaking 2nd round. We're going 4-12 with these sucker moves

Ballard is rated by his peers as one of the best. You're a nobody. 

What makes you think your opinion and valuation are worth anything compared to Ballard's?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Poor Perspective guys, we took our #3 and got Nelson and 3 2nd Round picks you are crazy if you don't think that is outstanding value.

Wow.  Last year CB picks an overrated safety, now this year an overrated G.  Ballard is worse than Grigson.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

1 hour ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

we drafted positions that we needed, what is your problem

I dont have a problem with the positions, rather the people selected. For each position there were way better options. 

How did NE play Ballard like a fiddle? Because McDaniels changed his mind? That's not on Ballard. As for the draft, I get it, not everyone agrees with the picks, but this team isn't the only one passing on some of these players that some feel should have been picked. This team was left in such horrible shape. I'm going to give Ballard a chance to rebuild this shell of a franchise.

7 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

I hope that these guys have the size, speed, and potential of TJ Green. I love drafting for potential. 

lol...I'm just playing devil's advocate. In all honesty, I'll just wait to see how it all pans out.

TJ Green was ranked something like 123 out of 124 draft eligible safeties in the country when he was drafted. The ones we are selecting have some unexplored potential, but they've also shown much more skill, production and polish than Green ever did in Clemson. 

• Like 1
Just now, WarGhost21 said:

SS is for the bigger, in the box guy, while FS is for the ball hawk who isn’t as good in the run game. I believe you have the 2 mixed up

I'm not saying he cant play the position, just that he'd probably fit SS more. 

Just now, Narcosys said:

I'm not saying he cant play the position, just that he'd probably fit SS more. 

I feel he’s at his best when he’s the deep guy, but that my opinion. I won’t argue it, because I respect most people’s opinions. I can see where you’re coming from, I just don’t feel the same

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Reign Supreme said:

I can guarantee you I'm worth more in life than you, your mother, your children, etc. Also you should get a warning for calling me a nobody @Nadine

I can guarantee you that you still dont have any worth compared to Ballard. You are a nobody compared to Ballard, so stop acting like your opinion is superior in any way. You have no credentials. 

33 minutes ago, sracolts84 said:

How did NE play Ballard like a fiddle? Because McDaniels changed his mind? That's not on Ballard. As for the draft, I get it, not everyone agrees with the picks, but this team isn't the only one passing on some of these players that some feel should have been picked. This team was left in such horrible shape. I'm going to give Ballard a chance to rebuild this shell of a franchise.

We were VERY fortunate McDooDoo changed his mind.

he would have done nothing but hurt this organization.

dodged a major bullet there.

Giants killed this draft so far  - Saquon Barkley, Will Hernandez, Lorenzo Carter, B.J.Hill :thmup:

Broncos are having a great one too, IMO - Bradley Chubb, Courtland Sutton, Royce Freeman, Isaac Yiadom

• Like 1

My take on the Colts Draft so far:

*Nelson = Great pick, protect #12. IMO 2nd best player in the Draft!

*Leonard = Good pick, much needed help at the LB position. He's fast and a Good Tackler.

*Smith = Great pick, he can potentially be Good in this league. I say Great pick because it's about protecting #12.

*Turay = Don't know much about him so this is a reach at DE IMO.

*Lewis = Don't know much about him so this is a reach at DE IMO.

-I think our O.LIne starters will be AC = LT, Nelson = G, Kelly = C, Smith = G, not sure yet on RT? We still have Mewhort and Slausen as well, so we have depth on the O.Line now.

-Overall Grade so far for me is a B, because of the upgrade on O.Line and I Iike Leonard.

WOW! This is... a very interesting pick. I kind of didn't expect it because we already have Mack playing similar role, but... very very intriguing! He's more of a... wide-ranging weapon than a simple RB. He used to be a receiver... he can be moved anywhere on the LOS and he catches the ball real well. 

• Like 3
  • Nadine unpinned this topic