Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 NFL Draft Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Poor Perspective guys, we took our #3 and got Nelson and 3 2nd Round picks you are crazy if you don't think that is outstanding value.

Wow.  Last year CB picks an overrated safety, now this year an overrated G.  Ballard is worse than Grigson.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

one more thing in the comparison to Marlon people are throwing out . Nyheim is a better natural catcher and doesnt bounce it outside as much. If he gets a crease he is gone he's very electric as myself and others have stated its a RB rich draft and he is a playmaker who can have an impact on SP teams and 3rd down right away. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@stitches who are the best remaining players on your board?

 

Which team's draft are you most impressed with? (I love the Ravens and Giants drafts)

Mo Hurst

Josh Sweat

Holton Hill

Tyrell Crosby

Eq. St Brown

Quenton Meeks

Andrew Brown

Jamarco Jones

 

the first 3 have various issues - Hurst the heart, Sweat seems to have degenerative knee condition, Holton Hill - various red flags so that might be why they are still on the board... 

 

I haven't studied the different teams hauls so far so I will reserve my right to comment on it for later. I liked what the Titans did by getting Landry in the second and Evans in the first, but they traded their 3d and 4th picks in the process... 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Antonio Callaway to the Browns is an interesting pick. Probably the most talented WR in this draft. If he keeps it together that could be a steal for them.

 

Well, the Browns have a really bad role model set up for him.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Antonio Callaway to the Browns is an interesting pick. Probably the most talented WR in this draft. If he keeps it together that could be a steal for them.

 

Dude's a pothead.  He won't stay on the field.

Link to post
Share on other sites

    Josey Jewell to Denver at LB..

Maybe I'm biased because I saw him in the Big-10 but I liked him a lot

4-year starter... 3-time team captain...top tackler

 

If he's not hurt..he may start for the Broncos sooner than later

2 minutes ago, i am yoda said:

 

Dude's a pothead.  He won't stay on the field.

tell Calloway....."Stay off the weed"!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, waka waka said:

people wanted Dion Lewis  we drafted him

Dion Lewis with insane speed.

 

15 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

There goes Callaway to the Browns.

I feel like the Browns are playing with fire with this pick. I think either Gordon will help keep Callaway out of trouble or they're both going down in flames.

 

6 minutes ago, sracolts84 said:

Wow, QB Kyle Lauletta to the Giants.

REALLY good pick for the Giants. Lauletta doesn't have great deep ball accuracy, but he's really good with short and intermediary, and amazing in the red zone. I can see him being the successor to Eli.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, stitches said:

Mo Hurst

Josh Sweat

Holton Hill

Tyrell Crosby

Eq. St Brown

Quenton Meeks

Andrew Brown

Jamarco Jones

 

the first 3 have various issues - Hurst the heart, Sweat seems to have degenerative knee condition, Holton Hill - various red flags so that might be why they are still on the board... 

 

I haven't studied the different teams hauls so far so I will reserve my right to comment on it for later. I liked what the Titans did by getting Landry in the second and Evans in the first, but they traded their 3d and 4th picks in the process... 

 

Thank you. You like St. Brown more than Hamilton?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@stitches who are the best remaining players on your board?

 

Which team's draft are you most impressed with? (I love the Ravens and Giants drafts)

I'm biased but I'm very happy with Denver

 

Bradley Chubb..

 

a new set of WRs in Courtland Sutton and Desean Hamilton

..The Boston College corner Ike Yiadom

The big Oregon RB Royce Freeman..5,000 yards rushing in college

..and the Iowa Linebacker Josey Jewell..who started for 3 years and was all-Big-10

 

Emmanuel Sanders and Demaruis Thomas are over 30 years old.

.They just let go RB CJ Anderson and Aquib Talib....and drafted replacements for all of them

 

They have to trust Case Keemun to be what he was last season...because they got him real help here

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm biased but I'm very happy with Denver

 

Bradley Chubb..

 

a new set of WRs in Courtland Sutton and Desean Hamilton

..The Boston College corner Ike Yiadom

The big Oregon RB Royce Freeman..5,000 yards rushing in college

..and the Iowa Linebacker Josey Jewell..who started for 3 years and was all-Big-10

 

Emmanuel Sanders and Demaruis Thomas are over 30 years old.

.They just let go RB CJ Anderson and Aquib Talib....and drafted replacements for all of them

 

They have to trust Case Keemun to be what he was last season...because they got him real help here

 

You may have missed it. I love DaeSean Hamilton. Broncos have had a very good draft.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Didn't Hines run a 4.35? I look his Stats up and he had 1113 on 5.6 per carry last season. This looks to be a solid pickup!

yeah he's fast he's got some stuff he can be coached up on like all the players. The margins are wider on the NFL so he will have more space to operate in. Plus he hit some big runs coming out of wing t sets or RPO looks in a pro set you can move him around and get matches with LB's and we will win that match up. in the return game i think he has ton of + side since we've had good blocking at times but no home run or big play hitter he will help right away. Also give more competition for Mack. this is a good pick. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

You may have missed it. I love DaeSean Hamilton. Broncos have had a very good draft.

I did see that.....

..they must believe in Case because they passed on many QBs....

Sutton is kind of a protégé of Emmanuel Sanders..both went to SMU

..and I've watched Jewell play against Purdue and Michigan and Indiana

If hes not hurt I don't know why he was in  the 5th round.  I love this group..

 

..but I'm sure you know, you can see what you want to see on draft day.

 

I liked Cody Latimer and Bennie Fowler coming out of the Big-10 to Denver,

Both were very average and have been released..

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I did see that.....

..they must believe in Case because they passed on many QBs....

Sutton is kind of a protégé of Emmanuel Sanders..both went to SMU

..and I've watched Jewell play against Purdue and Mikchigan and Indiana

If hes not hurt I don't know why he was in  the 5th round.  I love this group..

 

..but I'm sure you know, you can see what you want to see on draft day

 

We are still in the 4th round.

 

But I like Jewell too. I picked him for the Steelers in the Colts Forum Mock Draft. He looked like a Steeler.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, waka waka said:

yeah he's fast he's got some stuff he can be coached up on like all the players. The margins are wider on the NFL so he will have more space to operate in. Plus he hit some big runs coming out of wing t sets or RPO looks in a pro set you can move him around and get matches with LB's and we will win that match up. in the return game i think he has ton of + side since we've had good blocking at times but no home run or big play hitter he will help right away. Also give more competition for Mack. this is a good pick. 

Yeah he looks sensational. I watch College Football and pretty much know who the top 5 players are at each position but I overlooked this guy for some reason. Not saying he is Top 5 but his highlight reel looks scary good!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stitches said:

Mayock said he could only find 2 teams that have cleared him. 

 

I hope someone drafts him. If he does have what Len Bias has, then I could see why teams have shied away from drafting him. I would take a chance on him. I also wanted the Vikes to use a 6th or 7th round pick on Lael Collins too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Nadine unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...