Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 NFL Draft Thread

LucasOilStadium

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Mewhort cant stay healthy. I cant wait to see Smith, Kelly, and Nelson protecting middle. AC still LT. Mayock almost came out of his chair and said Luck may not be touched next season :thmup:

We are still suspect at Right Tackle.  But our line appears to have gotten worlds better than what it was last year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, azcolt said:

All of the draft analysts had these guys way down their boards, certainly not at the top of the 2nd round. If anyone should be embarrassed it’s fans who come to this board with nothing to offer but attaboys for the Colts management no matter what they do.

People that come to this board know squat and the talking heads know considerably less than what Ballard and his team knows.
 So it is ok to let it breath, and root for our new Colts.

6 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Haha

can't afford any more OL ?

quote of the day.

Honestly how many OL have we drafted in last 3 seasons. We need to develop some but we have plenty of depth now for sure. It isn’t like I’ll throw a fit if we draft another....but we can’t ignore the other holes on the team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Have you watched him or are you looking at projections? I think he's a day one starter with instincts and leadership. 

Honestly...I'm not  familiar with him being from South Carolina State and all.  Going to have to search for some video on him.  Hope you are right.

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

Honestly...I'm not  familiar with him being from South Carolina State and all.  Going to have to search for some video on him.  Hope you are right.

Check his game film against Clemson. Put him on the map

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, azcolt said:

All of the draft analysts had these two guys down their boards, certainly not at the top of the 2nd round. If anyone should be embarrassed it’s fans who come to this board with nothing to offer but attaboys for the Colts management no matter what they do.

thank god you are not in the colts management

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Honestly how many OL have we drafted in last 3 seasons. We need to develop some but we have plenty of depth now for sure. It isn’t like I’ll throw a fit if we draft another....but we can’t ignore the other holes on the team.

If we dont fix the OL, we will be drafting a QB at the #1 spot next year like Cleveland.  Im ok with "over-doing" it on the OL.  We will only go as far as our QB will take us.  Like all teams.  We've already been told all things wont be "fixed" in this draft.  But the OL HAS to get fixed.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

If it was my decision I would have gone Guice and Jackson and gotten a tackle like obrien later. I'm not upset about it though 

Here's my thinking with RB.  RBs can tend to come in and produce right away.  We wont be playoff ready for about 2 or 3 years.  If we draft a RB high with a pick, he's just going to get beat up during the time we can't compete.

Spend a 2nd and get the talented rookie when it matters more.

Might get Jackson at 49 if he's still there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

If we dont fix the OL, we will be drafting a QB at the #1 spot next year like Cleveland.  Im ok with "over-doing" it on the OL.  We will only go as far as our QB will take us.  Like all teams.  We've already been told all things wont be "fixed" in this draft.  But the OL HAS to get fixed.

And I get that...and I appreciate Ballard’s attempt to fix it. I applaud him...but it’s time to turn our attention to other areas is all. Trust me I’m not hating on our picks.

14 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Exactly. I wish the Vikings front office realized that too. I'm disappointed that all the OL I wanted have been drafted (Wynn, Ragnow, Corbett, Daniels, Price, Kolton Miller).

Trust me, Vikings fan, we can relate. Colts fans were spoiled for years with the Saturday/Glenn O-line combo. But ever since, our O-line sucked every single year. It's so nice to finally address that area.

Hey, you could be the Seahawks. They reached for a RB in the 1st & have a terrible line :lol:

• Like 1

Well Josh Jackson is gone... I thought he would have been a good pick for us.

I don't think we absolutely need to get a running back, but we need to get a good corner. I wouldn't go into the season trusting Quincy Wilson and Pierre Desir to start on the outside...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

No need to get upset buddy

I wasn't upset at all when I posted, I was laughing when I read those first post I quoted.  Feel free to tell us all you know about Leonard as a prospect.  How many games have you watched him play?  I have never seen him play, I would be interested in hearing what someone that has seen him play thought.

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

jacksons fall ended, guice is the last guy i have on my list in the second

i think its important to find a tough between the tackles runner to go with these big guards 

I'd like to go D here, but your thought has me second guessing, but I don't know squat about anything other than round 1, so...

18 minutes ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

he obviously wasnt ballards dream guy

Agreed. Before our pick, I've dreamed of us taking Landry. But I checked myself by thinking this:

If 3 teams who OBVIOUSLY need pass rushers (CLE, NYG, IND), 2 of whom have multiple picks, all pass on Landry... a projected top 15-20 1st rounder... then the concerns must be legit. Something must be wrong, because otherwise each team would've picked him in an instant. 

So that's why I am okay with us passing on him. Obvious need, most important position on defense, and Indy bypassed him TWICE. I'll trust Ballard and his assessment.

• Like 4