Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeremy Vujnovich signs tender

TKnight24

50 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

Seems like an easy decision, he is not starter material for us at G based on his performances last year IMO, but someone who is there for depth at a reasonable cost.

As the saying goes, the best ability is availability.

That's the KEY for ballard.

He gained a lot of experience. Some players make a leap that second year....especially with more time for training, practice, and weight room. Will he improve....hard to say...it's going to take a lot...but he will provide depth and at worst probably stashed on the practice squad to call up in a pinch.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, dgambill said:

He gained a lot of experience. Some players make a leap that second year....especially with more time for training, practice, and weight room. Will he improve....hard to say...it's going to take a lot...but he will provide depth and at worst probably stashed on the practice squad to call up in a pinch.

Dudes been in NFL weight rooms for 4 years now.

Also most likely because of how many games he was in last year he's no longer eligible for a practice squad.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Dudes been in NFL weight rooms for 4 years now.

Also most likely because of how many games he was in last year he's no longer eligible for a practice squad.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know his history. Both excellent points.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2018 at 10:23 AM, DaveA1102 said:

Seems like an easy decision, he is not starter material for us at G based on his performances last year IMO, but someone who is there for depth at a reasonable cost.

As the saying goes, the best ability is availability.

Then put me in, coach.

• Like 1

I keep forgetting the fact that our entire offensive line is still pretty young. To wax scientific, I read a study in physiology that stated men continue to gather static strength, some say up to almost 40 years of age. This might explain the tendency for many offensive linemen to continue to improve well into their 30s. As an example, Anthony Munoz was a pure monster right up until he retired. The Colts line will continue to grow together and with a few upgrades should be fine.