Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck is freaking ripped

stitches

Love that sight. Back to fighting weight. You forget how big he was when he was playing. 6’4 and a legit 240lbs for a couple of seasons.

Just hope he’s finally healthy.

FYI Andrew, I’m currently reading The Great Gatsby.

5 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Wonder why that is.  Was his shoulder limiting his ability to workout?  

Just guessing from the looks of him, I'd think they told him you can't be bouncing that shoulder around running or lifting anything.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IinD said:

Just guessing from the looks of him, I'd think they told him you can't be bouncing that shoulder around running or lifting anything.

That would make sense.  That picture from a year ago looks essentially like my body type from when I was his age.  Looks like he'd get killed on the football field.

Looks like now he's back into playing shape.  

Great news. This is consistent with the trade down with the Jets that we weren't drafting a QB. Looks like #12 is getting back to full health! Now we can concentrate on the draft and what players to build around Luck with our many high picks! :rock:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have yet to hear a decent explanation for the pic on the left, as to why he lost so much weight.  Its not a matter of not working out.  His face and neck are much thinner. Its not like he wanted to slim down to take weight off of a repaired knee.

What seems likely to me is that he was on lots of antibiotics as either a prevention of infection or a treatment AFTER an infection took place post-surgery.  Antibiotics can tend to make folks lose their appetite

12 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I have yet to hear a decent explanation for the pic on the left, as to why he lost so much weight.  Its not a matter of not working out.  His face and neck are much thinner. Its not like he wanted to slim down to take weight off of a repaired knee.

What seems likely to me is that he was on lots of antibiotics as either a prevention of infection or a treatment AFTER an infection took place post-surgery.  Antibiotics can tend to make folks lose their appetite

Not working out makes you less hungry as well. He might be an Ectomorph who has a hard time putting on weight for all we know. When I hurt my back and couldn't work out for 2 months, I lost almost 30 lbs of mass because I have to lift and force feed myself to put on weight.

However, I think infection is also a strong possibility. We will likely never know until the 30 for 30 gets made on it lol.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, IinD said:

Not only that be most of us lose our appetite when we don't feel good physically or mentally.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Not only that be most of us lose our appetite when we don't feel good physically or mentally.

Agreed. You can definitely see that he physically and mentally went through a lot with this injury. We can't imagine because we've never been at this level of athletics, but just my opinion that he took a long while to gain his strength and his confidence back as well. This was the first time in his life where he didn't know the outcome of his future, football wise, and I think that's probably where the Irsay comment about 'between his ears' probably stems from.

Luck didn't look like himself at all this entire past year.

Sure looks better now rehabbing and not having to answer questions on his injury or his coaches (Pagano and co.).

He's looking like the stud we all remember who couldn't be arm tackled in the pocket.

17 minutes ago, IinD said:

Agreed. You can definitely see that he physically and mentally went through a lot with this injury. We can't imagine because we've never been at this level of athletics, but just my opinion that he took a long while to gain his strength and his confidence back as well. This was the first time in his life where he didn't know the outcome of his future, football wise, and I think that's probably where the Irsay comment about 'between his ears' probably stems from.

Luck didn't look like himself at all this entire past year.

Sure looks better now rehabbing and not having to answer questions on his injury or his coaches (Pagano and co.).

He's looking like the stud we all remember who couldn't be arm tackled in the pocket.

I must admit the Irsay comment did enter my mind.

I know Irsay took a lot of negative feedback over that statement but I think there had to be some truth to it.

It's sad most chastised Irsay over his comment by thinking he was just blowing off.

Luck is only human and the injury and the long term rehab had to effect his mental well being. He had never faced anything like this in his career.

Add the medications I am pretty sure he was taking just makes the mental side of something like this even worse.

I can relate as to what he was going through as I had 2 1/2 years of rehab myself. My injury did end my career (work) and it effected me very negative at the time.

• Like 1

People saying it's not luck might be onto something here I just looked at Andrew Luck book club.com and the book that he's holding on the old picture in his right hand called Dune I can't find it on the archive list.

Edit: Nevermind I found that very picture on the Andrew Luck Book Club Twitter account.  It is him.