Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts hire Frank Reich [Merge]

stitches

It's Official. Per everywhere. WOW! What a turn of events! 

We luck out by not inking McDoofus, and instead we find a GEM of a coach.

Let's not forget that Frank Reich beat McDoofus in Super Bowl LII. He out OC'd him. (Sort of)  :D 

It's awesome to bring one of our own back to Indiana! Not only is this a great PR move, but this is an absolutely fantastic football hire. 

Welcome Home Frank!!!!!

:coltslogo:

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Coltfreak said:

Why would he try and slow the process?   IN CASE they might possibly maybe have the OC job available?

if he can get the gig he should be agressive and go get it.  You don't wait on opportunity you take it 

I love when people capitalize words on a forum, like it has some sort of forceful impact. It was more than a possibility that Reich would get the Colts job when DeFilippo took the Vikings OC gig. I'm just saying I'm surprised he didn't wait another day or two. That said, maybe the Eagles didn't try to keep him. Obviously, it's impossible for us to know.

I’m glad it seems like they have decided on the best loser of the bunch. Not excited and expectations are low. If you seriously think Reich is going to be the one to turn this team around and make them great again I feel that your homer goggles are probably cutting off circulation to your brain. 

1 minute ago, Andrew86 said:

I’m glad it seems like they have decided on the best loser of the bunch. Not excited and expectations are low. If you seriously think Reich is going to be the one to turn this team around and make them great again I feel that your homer goggles are probably cutting off circulation to your brain. 

Root for another team then if you aren't happy being a Colts fan. I mean it's a simple solution.

2 minutes ago, Andrew86 said:

:D Keep swinging, Andrew. 

...and you have absolutely no idea one way or the other if Reich will be good.

Best loser?  A guy with a Super Bowl ring who has worked with some of the best QBs in the league is a loser?  What about the guy who doesn't have any integrity to keep his word?  I'd say we avoided a loser with McDaniels and got a guy with integrity in Reich.

OTOH, if you'd been asked about the chances of Doug Pederson ever going anywhere with the Eagles much less the SB, what would have been your reply?

Just now, Andrew86 said:

It's not up to one man to turn it around.  I think some really forget that.  Just like a QB can't throw, catch and tackle, the coach can't coach the whole team.  It's up to the GM to also place capable assistants in place to work together as a team.  Hopefully any deficiencies can be balanced by coordinators.

The challenge here is that the assistants were hired before the HC.  However, if the HC can communicate and coordinate a valid game plan then it all works for the team's common goal of winning.  Can Reich acheive that?  None of us really knows for sure and none of us is going to change the hire.  I, for one, just go with the flow and embrace him as our next HC (once the contract is signed!) and welcome him and support him.

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

As I thought...Sounds like a guy who did some game planning but little to no play calling.  If he is the hire then I hope we match him with a really good OC who is comfortable calling plays.  How is Bevell in that regard? 

that's what we will do, pair him up with Bevell.  So it will be Luck, Brissett & Bevell & Reich all working together.  This could be a happy marriage. See article below, I think Bevell will flourish running his own show with help from Reich, he and Cable were a co-offensive coordinator unit. And add to it his other OC experience w/vikings and plethora of experience on the offensive side of the ball.  BUT, not sure who Reich prefers....we'll find out soon!!!!

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/analysis-five-reasons-the-seahawks-fired-darrell-bevell-and-tom-cable/

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

with all respect to past success, it really wasn't that successful from our COACHING!! It was successful based on our QB who is retired... For the love of God I have never understood this infatuation with Dungy and his staff. Dungy, great guy, great coach? NO 

A Great deal of that success was because of Moore & Mudd.

Just now, Andrew86 said:

been a fan a long time rookie I'm not a genius such as your self I believe I'll give the New Colts Head Coach time to do something before I form an intelligent opinion on whether or not he's a loser .

IMO he is 1 of 32 in the World hardly a Loser .

At this point all Colts fans should be excited since 1984 our Cardiac Colts have taken us on one hell of a ride its not always looked pretty but us HOMERS have drank the Kool - Aid If you can't feel the optimism it says more about you who's goggles are cutting off circulation to the BRAIN ??

To that I say dude your paddeling with 1 oar if you think you can some how  look into your crystal ball & see the future :spit: , Take a seat grab some popcorn & get over your self .