stitches

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, RomanianColtsFan said:

I’m so happy for this, the only choice of the possible 3 that takes away the bitter taste left by the Josh McDaniels debacle.

And how about that! The Colts are now led by a former pastor. Looking forward to watching those posts game prayers in the locker room :)

Well, this will be like Dungy and his Christianity. 

2 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Well, this will be like Dungy and his Christianity. 

In the end, all we care about is winning the right way, without cheating. :thmup:

However we accomplish it, I am not worried as long as we win. 

It would be like Gene Hackman in Hoosiers, "God wants you on the floor". :) 

10 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

From those reddit pages it seems the eagles are more worried about the loss of Defilippo than Reich. Kind of concerning.

They are.  I still want Reich out of our current choices but the Eagles are cool with letting him walk.  The guy they want to keep is DeFilippo which is why I wanted the Colts to at least kick the tires on that guy.  I wonder if there is any chance Reich brings him along as his OC?  Probably slim to none.  

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

They are.  I still want Reich out of our current choices but the Eagles are cool with letting him walk.  The guy they want to keep is DeFilippo which is why I wanted the Colts to at least kick the tires on that guy.  I wonder if there is any chance Reich brings him along as his OC?  Probably slim to none.  

Defillipo is the OC for the Vikings

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

This hiring is way too close to the Colts past familiarity for my liking. I realise there wasn't much we could do, however this guy is linked with too many ex Colts for my liking. Guys like Christianson, Caldwell, Dungy, Moore, Mudd

Throwback to glory days...I like it.

This hiring is way too close to the Colts past familiarity for my liking. I realise there wasn't much we could do, however this guy is linked with too many ex Colts for my liking. Guys like Christianson, Caldwell, Dungy, Moore, Mudd

I can understand that it seems like Irsay is trying to recreate the glory years but with a different set of players obviously.

Maybe it will work out or not.

I think its a lot more interesting than last season(not that it takes much)

2 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Is that really a bad thing though? I miss the days when we were winning lol.

1 minute ago, dudley dawson said:

I guess it depends on what you consider bad winning a lot of regular season games but not SBs? Yeah I can see why that would be underwhelming.

But the NFL is constantly changing too.

No, No, and No... time to move on away from that

Aside from all the winning, I miss knowing who was going to be on the field.

This year was like..."oh yeah, that's so and so".

Can't discount the continuity. We got TY and...?

1 minute ago, GoDeep said:

Aside from all the winning, I miss knowing who was going to be on the field.

This year was like..."oh yeah, that's so and so".

Can't discount the continuity. We got TY and...?

Jack Doyle, Marlon Mack

1 minute ago, dudley dawson said:

with all respect to past success, it really wasn't that successful from our COACHING!! It was successful based on our QB who is retired... For the love of God I have never understood this infatuation with Dungy and his staff. Dungy, great guy, great coach? NO 

6 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Time to build an offensive Juggernaut, play with the lead, get a pass rush , and homefield in playoffs...Make teams beat us at our game in our house in playoffs..New England is about done, it's gonna be ours to take very soon..

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Exactly my thoughts!!! Good game planner, will maintain a system and continuity, but would definitely need a good OC for game day play calling, IMO.

Bevell is good at play calling, but then he can be overridden by his HC. At this point, guys, any candidate you hire, we have to show some faith and ride it out. Go in with low expectations because, frankly, we are at the bottom of our division right now. Don't expect miracles and you may be pleasantly surprised!!!

Yes given all that we have been through...I’m happy with bringing Reich onboard.  At least he brings some integrity and a new fresh voice in the locker room.  Plus he is one of our own...a true horse shoe guy.  His Super Bowl experience is an added plus.  Hopefully the Colts can at least return to being a respectable team next year. 

I don’t understand how anyone could be against this hire. This guy is well respected around the league, helped the Eagles win a SB, and has connections/familiarity with Indianapolis. My resident Bills fan (Buffalo native), is STOKED for us and this hire. He’s a huge fan of Reich.

I’ll be a happy boy if the Colts can bring this one home

Just now, Indeee said:

with all respect to past success, it really wasn't that successful from our COACHING!! It was successful based on our QB who is retired... For the love of God I have never understood this infatuation with Dungy and his staff. Dungy, great guy, great coach? NO 

I think he was a good coach but his stint with Tampa was more impressive than the one he had here(despite winning the SB here and not there). He didn't have much of an offense and almost got to the SB with it.

Manning could take just about any coach to the SB. Each SB appearance was with a different coach.

3 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Yeah, those HoF coaches sure do suck....

23 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Or, they knew Reich would be gone, and the timing of Reich's decision just screwed up the timeline of trying to keep Defillipo....

I wonder if the Eagles asked DeFilippo to slow play the process with the Vikings since Reich was under heavy consideration here. Granted, maybe he couldn't, but the Eagles can't be happy with the timing of all of this. Wonder if DeFilippo has signed his contract....

1 minute ago, CF4L said:

I think he was a good coach but his stint with Tampa was more impressive than the one he had here(despite winning the SB here and not there). He didn't have much of an offense and almost got to the SB with it.

Manning could take just about any coach to the SB. Each SB appearance was with a different coach.

If Manning has some of the teams Brady did during his SB runs, he’d have eight rings. 

Just now, Indeee said:

If Reich is hired he better be a strong, passionate Vocal leader with pure fire in his emotions because the colts currently have no one on the team that could be characterized as that

He's more like Dungy personality wise but doesn't come across nearly as sanctimonious

Just now, Exodus said:

If Manning has some of the teams Brady did during his SB runs, he’d have eight rings. 

Maybe but Brady also had the same head coach his whole career. 

A lot of dynasties have a great coach to go with the great QB.

2 minutes ago, Indeee said:

If Reich is hired he better be a strong, passionate Vocal leader with pure fire in his emotions because the colts currently have no one on the team that could be characterized as that

He's been described as the "good cop" in the offensive brain trust of the Eagles. 

Just now, Shafty138 said:

Yeah, those HoF coaches sure do suck....

54 career wins in Tampa, average 9 win season per year... Mediocre, mid pack

85 career wins in Indy... average 12.5 per year 7 years... awesome

here's whats fun... would you agree our HOFR QB is good for an extra 3 wins per year on average???

There it is.....

Just now, Indeee said:

54 career wins in Tampa, average 9 win season per year... Mediocre, mid pack

85 career wins in Indy... average 12.5 per year 7 years... awesome

here's whats fun... would you agree our HOFR QB is good for an extra 3 wins per year on average???

There it is.....

if the QB is good for 3 wins a year, the coach is good for 9 using that logic..... regardless of QB.... 

7 minutes ago, CF4L said:

Jack Doyle, Marlon Mack

is that supposed to make us feel good about the offense?  mack is a back up and doyle is decent, but teams let him get catches.  the bengels admitted it, venturi has said it many times too

we certainly need more at running back, and probably WR and TE

Just now, aaron11 said:

is that supposed to make us feel good about the offense?  mack is a back up and doyle is decent, but teams let him get catches.  the bengels admitted it, venturi has said it many times too

I don't know about good but the Colts have a lot of things to address and if you have a QB that matters they will make the most of what they have. 

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

And maybe O-line?

1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

if the QB is good for 3 wins a year, the coach is good for 9 using that logic..... regardless of QB.... 

the argument is HOF coach. Dungy without a QB like manning would squeak into the wildcard round every year... based on his coaching/record... My point was that is not HOF pedigree for a coach

43 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

assuming that Reich agreed to accept the assistants that are under contract here, heck....  with a 10 hour interview, he and Ballard likely met the assistants for a dinner meeting that went long in discussing philosophies and staff integration

Hell with a 10 hour interview, he and Ballard probably met everyone in the area and drink 2 bottles of strong wine lmao