Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts hire Frank Reich [Merge]

stitches

1 hour ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Hmmm, that is a slightly negative take from you. You sense he could be gone after only one year? 

No, don't mean to be negative, and I hope and pray he is not gone after one year, Frank Reich is solid, in fact, i think he could be more valuable as a HC than as an OC for the Colts.  I think he can relate to players, talk in the trenches, and be a credible guy in the locker-room.  But we are really going to have to have a great coach and top-notch OC tandem to hit a home-run on the offensive side of the ball.  If Bevell comes in, that might be just the duo we need. Reich will do very good with great counter-parts IMO.  But there is a chance that it turns out bad, and we can't afford to sink 3 to 4 years into mediocrity.  Luck IMO will be back and better than ever,,,,if other parts of the team fail, we waste what I will call "LUCK-PRIME".  And that's what would be unacceptable.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can dog it if it's him. NFL lifer and has ties to the org. Stand up well respected guy who was also a QB as a player.

Everyone (including myself) thought McDonald's was supposed to be a sure homerun so I won't worry about Reich not being a very 'sexy' as a pick.

17 minutes ago, ad24rouse said:

I wonder if the Eagles asked DeFilippo to slow play the process with the Vikings since Reich was under heavy consideration here. Granted, maybe he couldn't, but the Eagles can't be happy with the timing of all of this. Wonder if DeFilippo has signed his contract....

Why would Flip even consider this?   This is very dumb.   

1 minute ago, IinD said:

Everyone (including myself) thought McDonald's was supposed to be a sure homerun so I won't worry about Reich not being a very 'sexy' as a pick.

A lot of us, including myself were on the JM Bandwagon. Yes, it was a sexy pick with the BB roots. However, it`s immaterial now and once the Colts hire the next Coach we`ll be better off than the previous few seasons. Breath of fresh air!

15 minutes ago, Indeee said:

the argument is HOF coach. Dungy without a QB like manning would squeak into the wildcard round every year... based on his coaching/record... My point was that is not HOF pedigree for a coach

But yet he is in the HOF, interesting that you could make that assumption. How good is Bill without Brady?

37 minutes ago, Indeee said:

This hiring is way too close to the Colts past familiarity for my liking. I realise there wasn't much we could do, however this guy is linked with too many ex Colts for my liking. Guys like Christianson, Caldwell, Dungy, Moore, Mudd

You mean that group of guys that experienced an almost unprecedented level of success while here?  Yeah, it sure would suck to go 13-3 and win the division every season again like we did with that group of clowns.

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Isn't Bevell the former OC for the Seahawks?

Seattle's offense never struck me as "wow". So what makes him so appealing as a OC?

Of the few times I watched the Seahawks in the last few years when Bevell was their OC, I'd notice the Seahawks receivers always looked like they were wide open.  I'd see them and wonder where the coverage was.  Plus, there's this

26 minutes ago, Indeee said:

the argument is HOF coach. Dungy without a QB like manning would squeak into the wildcard round every year... based on his coaching/record... My point was that is not HOF pedigree for a coach

Name a coach who makes the playoffs with players who suck.

53 minutes ago, Indeee said:

This hiring is way too close to the Colts past familiarity for my liking. I realise there wasn't much we could do, however this guy is linked with too many ex Colts for my liking. Guys like Christianson, Caldwell, Dungy, Moore, Mudd

I would have thought you would have brought up the defensive coaches, not the offensive ones.

5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Of the few times I watched the Seahawks in the last few years when Bevell was their OC, I'd notice the Seahawks receivers always looked like they were wide open.  I'd see them and wonder where the coverage was.  Plus, there's this

Ok that's good. Just curious on why he's a top OC candidate. 

53 minutes ago, Indeee said:

What does that have to do with it?  He's also linked with the defending Super Bowl champs and the exceptional offensive display they put on in the big game

Just now, MacDee1975 said:

Name a coach who makes the playoffs with players who suck.

Look, every single Dungy supporter hats off to you, your opinion, hats off to you. I didn't/don't hate Dungy I'm not sold on another guy with a "Dungy" PERSONALITY. At least when DSungy did coach he had manning on Offense and Bob (when healthy) on defense to light a fire/get into players faces to hold them accountable, whether in practice or a a game. This Colts team does not have that type of PLAYER character on its team and here we go again with another soft spoken, X's and O's guy just like Pagano.. I wish everybody on here would see through the garbage that's been the Colts over the last few years and even in Dungy's years regarding these Colts teams. They we're regarded as soft during Dungy and regarded as soft and lacking heart under Pagano. And yet here we are again!!!! So if you're one of the many who enjoyed "Soft" Colts teams and under-achieving, Regular season Hero's, can't get motivated/stay motivated enough to play a full game than by all means let's Party because Frank Reich's in town!! Woo-Hoo

I seriously hope I'm 1000% wrong about this guy as I want the Colts to achieve in every facet, but I'm not sold on this guys passion as a leader. He reminds me at first glance like a room decorated in average wallpaper, easy to clean off and okay on the eyes yes, but not really having any pop

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

Look, every single Dungy supporter hats off to you, your opinion, hats off to you. I didn't/don't hate Dungy I'm not sold on another guy with a "Dungy" PERSONALITY. At least when DSungy did coach he had manning on Offense and Bob (when healthy) on defense to light a fire/get into players faces to hold them accountable, whether in practice or a a game. This Colts team does not have that type of PLAYER character on its team and here we go again with another soft spoken, X's and O's guy just like Pagano.. I wish everybody on here would see through the garbage that's been the Colts over the last few years and even in Dungy's years regarding these Colts teams. They we're regarded as soft during Dungy and regarded as soft and lacking heart under Pagano. And yet here we are again!!!! So if you're one of the many who enjoyed "Soft" Colts teams and under-achieving, Regular season Hero's, can't get motivated/stay motivated enough to play a full game than by all means let's Party because Frank Reich's in town!! Woo-Hoo

I seriously hope I'm 1000% wrong about this guy as I want the Colts to achieve in every facet, but I'm not sold on this guys passion as a leader. He reminds me at first glance like a room decorated in average wallpaper, easy to clean off and okay on the eyes yes, but not really having any pop

Hard to know what goes on behind closed doors.  Belichick is pretty even-keeled and doesn't get super worked up, but he's an exceptional coach.  On the other hand. Josh McDaniels in Denver was very loud and it resulted in the players hating him and no one wanted to play for him or work with him

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

Please don't be this guy today and just be happy we got Reich, who I think will do a good job if Andrew gets healthy.