• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

So, next the bomb:

Peyton as OC! :ninja:

Nah, I know it wont happen. HOWEVER, it would be the one thing that would turn the McDufus scandal into a win. One can dream. Aaaaahhhhhh, bliss.....

Manning opened his big mouth, now he needs to join the cause.
How about Asst. Head Coach/QB Coach. Between Reich, the OC and the Goat they should be Awesome coming up with weekly game plans and in game adjustments. Yippee! Get off your ___, and get to work.
 And i ain't talking about polishing your statue at midnight!  :lol:

12 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

they could've done worse, i just hope it's a very short-term deal but even if it's not, letting someone go after one year is not unprecedented .

It would be for the Colts. 

I think Frank if hired will last more than one season.

5 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

How about Asst. Head Coach/QB Coach. Between Reich, the OC and the Goat they should be Awesome coming up with weekly game plans and in game adjustments. Yippee! Get off your ___, and get to work.

He's too busy eating Papa Johns Peperoni and drinking Budweiser for that to happen :thmup:.

5 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

How bizarre would that be to go to work in a building that has a statue of you outside it?

So Reich is this weeks favorite ......Who is next weeks favorite ??????????????? Why not hire a different coach every month ??????? I am not trying to be a pain in the butt but I am exhausted.....AND I MEAN EXHAUSTED from all the.....nonsense........This guy is it.....NO WAIT HE IS NOT ....And all the ( seems like )10 's of thousands of speculation comments that has gone on for the last 3 weeks .....There I vented !

2 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

umm he went to two Superbowls and could have won the other if not for pete telling him to go for the pass

Oh, ok. Not the explanation I was looking for decribing his offensive genius, lol.

I always thought Seahawks success was primarily from their Dominant Defense and Wilson.

2 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Oh, ok. Not the explanation I was looking for decribing his offensive genius, lol.

I always thought Seahawks success was primarily from their Dominant Defense and Wilson.

Don't forget that he had to design an offense that had a 5'10 QB. It's a whole different ball game.

That's why Wilson went in round 3 regardless of very high grades in arm strength , leadership and smarts. 

17 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Isn't Bevell the former OC for the Seahawks?

Seattle's offense never struck me as "wow". So what makes him so appealing as a OC?

How about you believe that we would be mostly using Reich's playbook and then the two of them would collaborate on the weekly game plan.

I live in NY Metro area. I have a family full of Giants fans. There are reports Giants want one of the Eagles coaches (not Reich) . Philly media now reporting all Eagles decision will be based on when ( they seem to think it will happen ) Reich signs with Colts  they may not let anyone else leave . Now members of my family telling me to hurry up and  sign Reich so the Giants can see what they can do.

I think Bevel has been out there for quite awhile now waiting for this shoe to drop.  He's been mentioned for the Giants OC as well.  I can see him meshing with Reich.  He had the big back in "Beast mode" with Seattle and Reich had his big back in "big cat" Blount with the Eagles.  I can see them together and we finally get our big three down back that Irsay covets.  I would be surprised if Bevel is not our OC. 

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

I think Bevel has been out there for quite awhile now waiting for this shoe to drop.  He's been mentioned for the Giants OC as well.  I can see him meshing with Reich.  He had the big back in "Beast mode" with Seattle and Reich had his big back in "big cat" Blount with the Eagles.  I can see them together and we finally get our big three down back that Irsay covets.  I would be surprised if Bevel is not our OC. 

Are you hinting that instead of the Round Mound of Rebound, this Barkley could be our "Ground, Pound, First Down?"

1 minute ago, Luck 4 president said:

From those reddit pages it seems the eagles are more worried about the loss of Defilippo than Reich. Kind of concerning.

I'm not concerned.  Fans are fans.  We were looking for a HC and Ballard thoroughly vetted all of the candidates.  I think Ballard knows what he's doing. 

4 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Or, they knew Reich would be gone, and the timing of Reich's decision just screwed up the timeline of trying to keep Defillipo....

DeFilippo would have been gone anyways, that is why the Vikings moved fast on him, mainly because they would have a new QB to develop. 

Pagano would have won more if he had better coaches around him too, so I think it is more about the coaches Reich surrounds with, at this point.

One thing is for sure, no press conferences announced till the ink has dried from Reich's signature. :) 

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Here are some threads on reddit of Bears, Lions and Colts fans asking Eagles fans about more info on Reich and DeFilippo:

Seems like Reich was involved in game planning and preparation along with Doug, but didn't call any plays. Somewhat interesting - Eagles fans seem to prefer to keep DeFilippo rather than Reich. (too bad they are losing both it seems)

As I thought...Sounds like a guy who did some game planning but little to no play calling.  If he is the hire then I hope we match him with a really good OC who is comfortable calling plays.  How is Bevell in that regard? 

14 minutes ago, ar7 said:

FWIW

This scares me to death and it's why I'm still not sold on Reich. If he brings in Mike Shula or Caldwell we are screwed!! Panthers fired Shula in favor of 90 year old Norv for Christ's sake. It better not be Shula

3 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

As I thought...Sounds like a guy who did some game planning but little to no play calling.  If he is the hire then I hope we match him with a really good OC who is comfortable calling plays.  How is Bevell in that regard? 

Exactly my thoughts!!! Good game planner, will maintain a system and continuity, but would definitely need a good OC for game day play calling, IMO.

Bevell is good at play calling, but then he can be overridden by his HC. At this point, guys, any candidate you hire, we have to show some faith and ride it out. Go in with low expectations because, frankly, we are at the bottom of our division right now. Don't expect miracles and you may be pleasantly surprised!!!