Indeee

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

A favorite before interviewing Reich and Frazier??? How is that possible? Only 1 candidate has been interviewed. I guess 1 out of 1 is favorite :) 

I thought the same thing, however it makes sense given the fact we have the 3 coordinators in waiting and my sense is that Ballard wants bevel as the OC. if you are Dan Campbell you'd say no problem

Just now, Boiler_Colt said:

Yuck! IMO he's a one year rental type guy that we're back here looking to replace same time next year.

Maybe not...

I think Ballard wanted a Patriot offense and a Seattle defensive scheme originally.

So now he says, lets just build the seattle offense and defense with a guy like Campbell leading the troops. Dans presence at least the way he looks is tough guy and Ballard wants that. I'm good with it, I'm tired of player Coaches which is what Reich and frazier seem to be

Campbell

Bevell

Eberflus

Lets do this

2 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Maybe not...

I think Ballard wanted a Patriot offense and a Seattle defensive scheme originally.

So now he says, lets just build the seattle offense and defense with a guy like Campbell leading the troops. Dans presence at least the way he looks is tough guy and Ballard wants that. I'm good with it, I'm tired of player Coaches which is what Reich and frazier seem to be

Campbell

Bevell

Eberflus

Lets do this

Not bad reasoning 

11 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Maybe not...

Campbell

Bevell

Eberflus

Lets do this

Reich runs a lot of E-P offensive schemes as well, saw it run by Tom Moore with the Colts, then ran those with Mike McCoy at San Diego, and then even adapted to running RPOs that the Chiefs stressed the Patriots with in game 1 while game planning for them knowing Foles thrived in it before. 

If Reich becomes HC, there is a good chance he would not mind Bevell as OC. 

13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

A favorite before interviewing Reich and Frazier??? How is that possible? Only 1 candidate has been interviewed. I guess 1 out of 1 is favorite :) 

Exactly what I was thinking...

One thing that sets Campbell apart from Reich & Frazier, is that he is the one who has never been on the Colts payroll before. Gotta assume Irsay would have at least a base level of knowledge on what Reich & Frazier could bring to the table...

Guess that could be a good or bad thing. Who knows...

17 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Ballard probably had a favorite before the interviews, that doesn’t mean he will get the job, that’s why there are interviews.  Still he probably had a guy at the top of the list going into interviews.

3 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

One thing that sets Campbell apart from Reich & Frazier, is that he is the one who has never been on the Colts payroll before. Gotta assume Irsay would have at least a base level of knowledge on what Reich & Frazier could bring to the table...

Maybe they have flaws we don’t know about

I think that Frazier has to be out. too much of a Dungy, Caldwell, Lovie mold. I know everybody loves Dungy but personally I'm done with player Coaches like these guys and how they handle players.

When pagano was hired I was excited as I thought he was going to bring the toughness from the ravens, however even though they preached it, Pagano was too nice, i.e Dungy, Frazier, Caldwell

Reich is the wildcard, but a lot of people are saying Reich is a players coach as well and I don't think that is what Ballard wants and neither do I.

10 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

A leader among men is why Vance Joseph was hired by Elway over Kyle Shanahan but he was a deer in the headlights in so many situations that the Broncos fans were clamoring for his firing after year 1. There was a mass firing across the board and the only reason he did not go was because Elway hand picked him. Fiery and leader of men is used loosely to somehow make us think the person is doing more than they are capable of, that is not what I want.

I want capable, knowledgeable, someone that demands respect from everyone and someone that produces results by keeping players and coaches accountable. It can come in any personality package. It is unreal, how many people here think that being a fiery personality would somehow bring better results if it is not accompanied with the other merits.

It does not have to be Frank Reich, it just needs to be the right package, whatever be the personality.

according to a source regarding Campbell

I’ve lived and buffalo my whole life. And know of Frank from his playing days. Nice guy maybe even smart. But he’s not a leader of men. Campbell is one of those guys. That screaming come on man let’s go away have to take that hill by morning!! And leads the way screaming and killing!! And knows his football. He was assistant head coach this past season plus is half of your stent in Miami. If you have passion like that he can lead men. Especially young men.

34 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It's easily possible.  He has connections.  He is a reputable insider.  He and Rap sheet know what's going on and he knows Campbell is the 1st. choice and has the inside track.  He could still lose out to Reich and Frazier but they have to impress Ballard enough to overtake him.  I don't see it happening.  If you want a leader Campbell is your guy.  Surround him with an outstanding staff and we are ready to roll.  

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

It's easily possible.  He has connections.  He is a reputable insider.  He and Rap sheet know what's going on and he knows Campbell is the 1st. choice and has the inside track.  He could still lose out to Reich and Frazier but they have to impress Ballard enough to overtake him.  I don't see it happening.  If you want a leader Campbell is your guy.  Surround him with an outstanding staff and we are ready to roll.  

If Ballard and Irsay choose him, I will definitely be on board. I trust them, bottom line and will support the next Colts HC no matter what. Mike Tomlin came out of nowhere too, was good at least as long as that team had the leftover defensive talent for a while. 

Heck, right now, we are in the cellar, I'd be happy with second in the division at this point. 

I think the quality Campbell has that I like the most is that he's backed by Parcells and Sean Payton.

If two high quality coaches like that give an endorsement,  I think that has to have some weight.

Still...   Ballard has to make the decision.   My preference remains Reich, but if the pick is Campbell I'll be fine with it absent any reason not to.

29 minutes ago, Indeee said:

according to a source regarding Campbell

I’ve lived and buffalo my whole life. And know of Frank from his playing days. Nice guy maybe even smart. But he’s not a leader of men. Campbell is one of those guys. That screaming come on man let’s go away have to take that hill by morning!! And leads the way screaming and killing!! And knows his football. He was assistant head coach this past season plus is half of your stent in Miami. If you have passion like that he can lead men. Especially young men.

Sounds nice

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think the quality Campbell has that I like the most is that he's backed by Parcells and Sean Payton.

If two high quality coaches like that give an endorsement,  I think that has to have some weight.

Still...   Ballard has to make the decision.   My preference remains Reich, but if the pick is Campbell I'll be fine with it absent any reason not to.

Call me a sheep but whatever CB chooses I will happy

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I just read this, so I am liking that endorsement by Parcells more and more:

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2018/02/08/ex-miami-dolphins-interim-coach-dan-campbell-talks-to-colts-gets-parcells-endorsement/

31 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I was also favoring Reich but the more I read , the more I like Campbell. BTW... I think Kraft is a worse person than McDaniels . The whole issue IMO is what he did to all the assistant coaches that were counting on jobs . Kraft should have respected that position and not spent 2 days talking that weak minded creep into screwing his friends. 

46 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think Ballard likes the longer coaches that he can build a relationship over many years. I mean Joshy is 41 and so is Campbell. Where Reich is 56 so there you go. 

44 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

My preference remains Reich, but if the pick is Campbell I'll be fine with it absent any reason not to.

Agreed.  My problem with Campbell (or any coach that doesn't run his own offense) is that if Luck comes back and does well enough for Bevell to get an HC job, Andrew will then have to learn his fifth offensive scheme. 

I wasn't a big fan of McD but I was looking forward to having an offensive system in place for many years to come.  That's the only reason I'm inclined to Reich.

6 minutes ago, Fat Clemenza said:

Agreed.  My problem with Campbell (or any coach that doesn't run his own offense) is that if Luck comes back and does well enough for Bevell to get an HC job, Andrew will then have to learn his fifth offensive scheme. 

I wasn't a big fan of McD but I was looking forward to having an offensive system in place for many years to come.  That's the only reason I'm inclined to Reich.

No one has really approached Bevell like that. Hes been OC for a number of good offenses but almost never gets offered HC gigs. I wouldn't be too concerned.

7 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

Campbell even being mentioned in the running immediately sent negative impulses to Rick Venturi, he will absolutely hate this pick if it happens.  I doubt if we would pick Campbell based on what Venturi said to Dan Dakich  ;)

Venturi calling someone a blowhard, on the Dakich show no less, is awfully rich.

This is my opinion and my opinion alone. Posters that know me on this forum know I am not a negative person and maybe im still hurt, but this is what I think. I do not think our HC is gonna be found this year. we put all our hopes in mcdaniels and we got burned and now we're stuck in the position that we're in, picking at scraps.