Indeee

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

No he didn’t Mike McCoy called the plays.  There’s a reason literally everyone but you has said he’s never called plays. 

I beg to differ.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Mike-McCoy-ready-to-fulfill-burning-desire-to-call-plays/685eab49-33f7-4f18-98c4-72d8eb8c56ff

...It didn't end the way McCoy hoped. But it was a learning experience that will help him in the future -- even though he stepped back from play-calling duties in San Diego, letting Ken Whisenhunt and Frank Reich handle the workload.

“I can say this, I’ve got a burning desire to call plays," McCoy said. "I did not do that the last four years. That was so hard."

...In San Diego, McCoy surrendered play-calling duties to focus on coaching...

19 minutes ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

No he didn’t Mike McCoy called the plays.  There’s a reason literally everyone but you has said he’s never called plays. 

Then literally everyone is wrong

http://m.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Mike-McCoy-ready-to-fulfill-burning-desire-to-call-plays/685eab49-33f7-4f18-98c4-72d8eb8c56ff

21 minutes ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/1/24/10821556/philadelphia-eagles-frank-reich-offensive-coordinator-san-diego-chargers-quarterback-philip-rivers

...Reich won’t be calling the plays in Philadelphia like he did in San Diego. He’ll be assisting Eagles head coach Doug Pederson instead. Do you think he’s better suited for success in this kind of advisory role?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/04/chargers-fire-offensive-coordinator-frank-reich/

Reich was fired as the play caller in San Diego under Mike McCoy.

Reading the comments in the piece above...

The Charger fan said Reich was a terrible OC and most of them were happy to see him let go.

...Although some seemed to pass the blame along as well.

15 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/04/chargers-fire-offensive-coordinator-frank-reich/

Reich was fired as the play caller in San Diego under Mike McCoy.

Reading the comments in the piece above...

The Charger fan said Reich was a terrible OC and most of them were happy to see him let go.

...Although some seemed to pass the blame along as well.

The question is “Who is the real Frank Reich-Bad SD Playcaller or the Philadelphia QB Guru?”

On 2/9/2018 at 1:15 PM, esmort said:

Its definitely an important trait.  Sure you can always say well as long as the OC, or Assistant X, has it the HC doesn't need it ... I am not buying that.  Are there examples of head coaches with poor football acumen succeeding .. I am sure there is, but I will take one who does have a strong grasp of x's and o's  everytime. 

A motivator without a strong grasp of the strategic aspects of the game definitely isn't the formula either ... we have seen that coach.

We've also seen the offensive guru, the Xs and Os master, with less than exceptional leadership abilities and presence. Lindy Infante was 12-20 as head coach of the Colts, after inheriting a team that had made it to the AFC Championship Game the year before his promotion. 

12 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The question is “Who is the real Frank Reich-Bad SD Playcaller or the Philadelphia QB Guru?”

And the real chance he's a guy who's in between the two.

I know there's nothing but Luck talk, but hopefully with him a full go, we don't have to find out just how clever any of these guys are, because I've got some doubts about all three.

2 hours ago, BOTT said:

How would we know?

Yes, we don't know, to be honest.

However, I am guessing that Irsay, after wanting to go after a splashy Gruden, then McDaniels etc. went away from it after the McDaniels fiasco. It was important right now to get solid more than splashy or out-of-the-box, in Irsay's eyes, possibly??? Frank Reich was an easy sell to the midwest crowd, given his resume, record of integrity, and his familiarity with the Colts and Bill Polian from the Colts plus Bills days, plus Dungy with the Colts years. 

Irsay might have felt strongly about Reich, even more than Ballard, because Irsay probably felt he knew the pulse of the fans more. I just stated something I had a gut feeling about, am being honest about it here.

On 2/8/2018 at 10:18 PM, chad72 said:

Reich runs a lot of E-P offensive schemes as well, saw it run by Tom Moore with the Colts, then ran those with Mike McCoy at San Diego, and then even adapted to running RPOs that the Chiefs stressed the Patriots with in game 1 while game planning for them knowing Foles thrived in it before. 

If Reich becomes HC, there is a good chance he would not mind Bevell as OC. 

Don not forget, Reich was backup to Jim Kelly and they were running the K-Gun no huddle offense. Bill Polian was there then as well.