Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McD has not let Patriots know he is leaving (Rumor)

IndyNismoZ

Watching the Superbowl pregame show and one of the gentlemen stated that....

"Patricia has informed the Patriots he will not be returning, while McD has in fact not" 

Take that with a grain of salt but man, will the McD may not come to the Colts quotes ever stop? 

Thought it was interesting though if in fact McD has not informed the Patriots he is leaving and it is Superbowl Sunday. Just something to keep our ears open to. 

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree 110%. I believe he is most definitely our new HC. 

I was stating that I hate that the media continues to throw some sort of small shade on him being our new HC. Gets old. More of a rant but with some merit as well being it was stated on the biggest stage. 

Just now, aaron11 said:

maybe he hasnt told them

they are worried about the eagles right now, and doing their jobs today 

True truejust strange the media worded it as Patricia let them know and McD did not. Just getting old at this point. Ready for tomorrow or Tuesday. haha

Probably because the Colts and him can’t have a deal until after the season is over.  If McDaniels told them before hand it would mean the Colts and him have a deal which is handing the Pats, a team you got in trouble for deflate gate, a chance to go to the league and say the Colts violated NFL rules.  I think this is unimportant and more about the Colts making sure they dot their Is and cross their Ts.  Also things can always fall apart (won’t happen) but why say you are leaving until you have to if your McDaniels?

6 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I've had this weird and irrational fear that McDaniels is going to back out at the last minute.

A coach would never accept the job and then back out at the last minute. Especially one that has been mentored by Belichick. Isn’t that right Jets fans? 

27 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Probably because the Colts and him can’t have a deal until after the season is over.  If McDaniels told them before hand it would mean the Colts and him have a deal which is handing the Pats, a team you got in trouble for deflate gate, a chance to go to the league and say the Colts violated NFL rules.  I think this is unimportant and more about the Colts making sure they dot their Is and cross their Ts.  Also things can always fall apart (won’t happen) but why say you are leaving until you have to if your McDaniels?

Maybe...  but if Patricia has already told them then how would that work?

18 minutes ago, coltsva said:

A coach would never accept the job and then back out at the last minute. Especially one that has been mentored by Belichick. Isn’t that right Jets fans? 

Funny. But technically, I thought B.B. never took the Jets job. It was sort of assigned to him by the Tuna.  I could be wrong.  

23 minutes ago, Coltsfan0112 said:

Can this thread just be shut down. Shefter, Rappaport, and Mortenson has said Josh will be the new head coach. 

Why do people want threads shut down?    If you dont want to read about it.... move along.... some people want to talk about it....    What does it hurt?

29 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Maybe...  but if Patricia has already told them then how would that work?

Pats would have to do something about it.  Odds are they wouldn’t because he’s really helping them so they have longer to think about a replacement but since the Colts got the Pats in trouble with the league why poke the bear and give them something they could use even if Ballard made peace over that?  That’s just one theory on my part. The more likely reason is McDaniels is thinking why tell them until I have to just Incase.

5 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Why do people want threads shut down?    If you dont want to read about it.... move along.... some people want to talk about it....    What does it hurt?

It doesn't not at all. There are plenty of threads I don't want to read doesn't mean I want them shut down. 

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Pats would have to do something about it.  Odds are they wouldn’t because he’s really helping them so they have longer to think about a replacement but since the Colts got the Pats in trouble with the league why poke the bear and give them something they could use even if Ballard made peace over that?  That’s just one theory on my part. The more likely reason is McDaniels is thinking why tell them until I have to just Incase.

Maybe they know Josh is leaving and actually asked Matt and he said yes....  I will assume the Patriots way is to not talk about anything that could be a distractions     

25 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Funny. But technically, I thought B.B. never took the Jets job. It was sort of assigned to him by the Tuna.  I could be wrong.  

He took the job, then resigned right before his introductory presser. Then he did the presser anyway. 

I am just as tired as the rest of you with all this talk. He is in,he is out. I just want it to be official and stop. 

That being said this did bring pause as to why Patricia informed the Patriots but McD did not.....  nothing more than a "HUH" moment for me. Just gauging everyone's opinion on this. Nothing more.