Case

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Yeah I could very easily see Mariota in Bradys offense. Hes gotten better as a passer from what I saw. Many of their pieces are similar to New England. I think Mcdaniels will end up in Tenn or Detroit. Both GMs are former Patriots.

Yeah that could be a really formidable combination in Tennessee.

Funnily enough, Allbright also said Patricia was the favorite in Detroit if Caldwell was fired.

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah that could be a really formidable combination in Tennessee.

Funnily enough, Allbright also said Patricia was the favorite in Detroit if Caldwell was fired.

Like I said, they are just connecting dots instead I'd of having inside information.  Or I could wrong....

IMHO he had to go. Never thought he was a great HC, but have to say after the first couple of years, his rosters were pretty talent poor. But just never really saw the difference that he made as a HC- we didn't have a any kind of identity as a D nor did we ever seem to figure out what we were as an O (other than have Luck pull out 4th quarter wins). Is that because he never has the kind of players he needed? You could argue that point forever. Don't think we will ever know. 

Onward and upward.

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

He went 8-8 with Tebow and won a playoff game with him. I'd like to see what he could do with Luck.

That team had a stout defense and was the major reason they won most of those games. Even the playoff win was a fluke, I wouldn't give him too much credit for that.

5 minutes ago, OHColtfan said:

IMHO he had to go. Never thought he was a great HC, but have to say after the first couple of years, his rosters were pretty talent poor. But just never really saw the difference that he made as a HC- we didn't have a any kind of identity as a D nor did we ever seem to figure out what we were as an O (other than have Luck pull out 4th quarter wins). Is that because he never has the kind of players he needed? You could argue that point forever. Don't think we will ever know. 

Onward and upward.

I disagree on the first statement in regards to D identity.  I think it was obvious what Pagano wanted.   We invested a ton into defensive backs and wanted to play coverage approach that would produce line pressure by having one dimensional run stopping linebackers force down and distance.  (Not the greatest identity but there was one).  

Offense on the other hand was a nightmare.  Started out with go deep every down.  Then it was longest route wins and then it became power run no screens no lateral runs.  And on and on until oblivion lol.

It's been a long time coming.  So long Chuck. You're a good man but not the coach we need to take us where we want to go.  Thanks for your effort.

I knew this news was coming but didn't think he would be fired today...thought it would be tomorrow or Tuesday.  Went to the store to grab some black eyed peas and came home to this news.  Colts didn't waste any more time!  My man Ballard!  lol  Time to get cracking on getting these coaching candidates in here.

ts a trap...if he's a great coordinator, he will be a great head coach. History has proven just the opposite.  Lots of great OCs and DCs, very few great HCs.   I would like a HC who is a Good decision maker, has common sense, make good hires for coordinators, a visionary, make tough decisions when necessary.  These are qualities that go beyond X'sand O's. 

1 hour ago, Gigc said:

Man, Ballard's cutthroat. I would have thought they would have at least let him enjoy winning the game. they could tell him tonight or tomorrow morning. everyone knows it was coming. 

Perhaps the fact that they won and cost the team the 2nd pick helped to expedite things.   Chuck couldn't even lose when we needed him to.  LOL

22 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Meh. I always question the hires he makes for OC.

Right.     Like when he fired their OC with about 3-4 weeks left in the 2012 season and promoted Jim Caldwell to the job.

The Ravens offense got hot, the team started winning and went on to win the Super Bowl.    

What was John Harbaugh thinking then?!?   Crazy!

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Right.     Like when he fired their OC with about 3-4 weeks left in the 2012 season and promoted Jim Caldwell to the job.

The Ravens offense got hot, the team started winning and went on to win the Super Bowl.    

What was John Harbaugh thinking then?!?   Crazy!

The response I would expect from you

11 minutes ago, csmopar said:

http://m.colts.com/videos/videos/Chuck_Pagano_and_Jim_Irsay_Post_Game_Victory_Speech/4e905b51-8117-490b-b12d-40f915d4b5b7

man Irsay looks like he's in bad shape physically.

that said, this speech is worth watching.  And to me, confirms that everyone in that room knew Pagano had coached his last game

Great speech from Irsay. That was moving. 

1 hour ago, Gigc said:

Man, Ballard's cutthroat. I would have thought they would have at least let him enjoy winning the game. they could tell him tonight or tomorrow morning. everyone knows it was coming. 

Do we know that it was Ballard who fired Pagano?

Man, Pagano's post game speech brought tears to my eyes !!  He did so much for the community, especially after his cancer diagnosis and once he returned to coaching.

Good Luck Coach in your future endeavors, no matter where you wind up.  You're a Great person and we thank you for your commitment to the team :)

As far as the video and post game speech:

Maybe I'm being too literal, but will the experience with this group of guys that he claims to be so special be more special or less special with the next team he coaches?  I mean, what if a player from this year's Colts team is on the next team Pagano coaches?  "Hey coach, so I thought that past Colts team was special, but now you're saying our current team X was special.  I think I heard this before"

I guess this stuff sort of rings hollow to me.  The team is 4-12.  What is special or even good about it.  Wouldn't it be more appropriate to say something that simply thanks them for their efforts and dedication and then move on.

And Sorry, I like Jimmy, but he always looks stoned to me.

53 minutes ago, csmopar said:

http://m.colts.com/videos/videos/Chuck_Pagano_and_Jim_Irsay_Post_Game_Victory_Speech/4e905b51-8117-490b-b12d-40f915d4b5b7

man Irsay looks like he's in bad shape physically.

that said, this speech is worth watching.  And to me, confirms that everyone in that room knew Pagano had coached his last game

Difficult to watch actually.... for me at least.  I believe as well that he was told earlier that he was done.  There was a brief shot during the game of Jacoby going over to him and speaking with him and then hugging him.  Just felt like they both (and likely all) knew.  

Jim certainly has seen better days.  I noticed it earlier this year.  Out of nowhere he faded away....   Hell, he may not even be here next year, who knows... really cant rule it out.

On we go however.  I hope there is a good plan in place because I do think we have some talent.  Most of it on IR unfortunately, but we do have some talent.  And with the high pick we should be able to add some really good pieces this year along with the FA possibilities.  Things seem to be looking up.

2 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Really? Serves them right after they got away with mugging Hilton on the last play last week. 

Not sure what that has to do with John H coming here as a coach?! No team is gonna fire their head coach for losing in the playoffs..... if that was the case Dungy would have been fired many times for his teams choking in the playoffs