Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pagano Let Go

Case

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm perfectly happy to concede Trent Richardson.     I was wrong on him.

But the rest....     well....    we're going to have to agree to disagree on those....    I'm not even sure you know my position on those....    but either way,  I'm perfectly fine if we're on opposite sides of plenty of issues.    I don't expect to aqree on many things with most anyone.      That's fine.     It's what makes the world go around and is the life blood of internet message boards.

If you think you're right on those and I'm wrong --- that's fine.     We can agree to disagree and move on.

Much more important issues right in front of us......     and that's what I care about right now.....

I'm moving on.....

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice guys that are bad coaches get fired. The game against the Texans when he refused the pleas of his players to challenge a call that would have gone the Colts way is typical of his numbness to the idea of everything counts when it comes to winning.

19 hours ago, csmopar said:

Or they told the team at Half time.... would explain the 2nd half spurt

They came out of that tunnel and played a great half of football truly played inspired . I wondered what happened in that locker room because there was a fire lit under that team .

1 minute ago, B~Town said:

They came out of that tunnel and played a great half of football truly played inspired . I wondered what happened in that locker room because there was a fire lit under that team .

Yep. Someone reminded them it was Chucks last game

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Right.

But there you are, a few days later wondering why people are defending Pagano.

Feel free to follow your own advice....

I have had to listen to you and Crazy's defense of him for more than a yr.   While very few on here continue to defend him, just know that the rest of us including Irsay and Ballard are on the same side 

3 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

I have had to listen to you and Crazy's defense of him for more than a yr.   While very few on here continue to defend him, just know that the rest of us including Irsay and Ballard are on the same side 

Apprently you haven't been listening very closely.     (not a surprise)

But I've been calling for Pagano to be let go for a year.    And I've made it clear in countless posts.   So, I'm on the same side too.

I don't object to Pagano being fired at all.    It was time.     I, and others,  object to people trashing him on his way out the door with one bad argument after another. 

If you think the last 6 years were a waste,  that's your opinion.    But others think we had a pretty good team for a pretty long time.     That's their opinion.

Again,  you can follow your own advice about not telling people how they should feel.     That shouldn't be hard.

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Apprently you haven't been listening very closely.     (not a surprise)

But I've been calling for Pagano to be let go for a year.    And I've made it clear in countless posts.   So, I'm on the same side too.

I don't object to Pagano being fired at all.    It was time.     I, and others,  object to people trashing him on his way out the door with one bad argument after another. 

If you think the last 6 years were a waste,  that's your opinion.    But others think we had a pretty good team for a pretty long time.     That's their opinion.

Again,  you can follow your own advice about not telling people how they should feel.     That shouldn't be hard.

You have been here since Pagano and Luck got here.    You are from Ca I believe and a Stanford fan I believe and that is what brought you here.  SInce you have been here you have been a RAH RAH poster for any and everything Pagano and Luck.   

You may have started that you were OK with Pagano being fired but you went fighting and screaming all the way.

You will not get me to believe otherwise.    I wasn't sire if it was Pagano or Luck that brought you here.  Art first I thought it was Pagano with the way you have defended him   But I assume now that it is Luck and not that you have every truly been a COLTS fan.   It's OK.  We have all lived through the Manning Fans...  they left when he went to Denver....  I will assume if Luck is done you will do the same.

BTW. I haven't said anything about Pagano since that jouyus day last weekend.... Until you dug up a post of mine on 12/31 when I was still celebrating the firing of the worst HC in the league.

You and Crazy have more than one thing in common.....  you like to argue  even when your argument has been defeated.

Since you brought it up I want you to truly understand how happy I am so glad that Pagano is gone!!!!   

The worst HC in the league... and fired immediately following the game so you know how bad Irsay and Ballard wanted to be done with his nonsense!!!!

I've supported Pagano for five years.    It was easy to do so.

And when we hired Ballard,  I supported allowing the new GM being allowed to hire his own head coach. 

I've supported firing Pagano this entire year.   I'm looking forward to a new head coach.

Firing Pagano on the first day they could doesn't mean a thing.   It's what most teams do.   It's standard business procedure in the NFL.

The only thing I've defended Pagano against is those who think he's the worst coach in the NFL.    Those who think that are publicly admitting that they dont know a thing about football.    It's one thing to be passionate about football,  it's another thing to be truly uninformed.   Those who think Pagano is the worst coach have no idea what they're talking about.   There is no argument that he's the worst coach in football -- none.

Everyone us entitled to their own opinion. Even people who have no idea what they're talking about.  That's the way the world works.

Looking forward to the 2018 season.

16 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I've supported Pagano for five years.    It was easy to do so.

And when we hired Ballard,  I supported allowing the new GM being allowed to hire his own head coach. 

I've supported firing Pagano this entire year.   I'm looking forward to a new head coach.

Firing Pagano on the first day they could doesn't mean a thing.   It's what most teams do.   It's standard business procedure in the NFL.

The only thing I've defended Pagano against is those who think he's the worst coach in the NFL.    Those who think that are publicly admitting that they dont know a thing about football.    It's one thing to be passionate about football,  it's another thing to be truly uninformed.   Those who think Pagano is the worst coach have no idea what they're talking about.   There is no argument that he's the worst coach in football -- none.

Everyone us entitled to their own opinion. Even people who have no idea what they're talking about.  That's the way the world works.

Looking forward to the 2018 season.

Remember....  you said none.     And this was on a consistent basis all yr long.   The only one worse was Hue.  ANd he kept his job knowing there wore other circumstances for him  as opposed to the Wosrt Coach in football. PAGONENOW

https://www.headcoachranking.com/

10 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Remember....  you said none.     And this was on a consistent basis all yr long.   The only one worse was Hue.  ANd he kept his job knowing there wore other circumstances for him  as opposed to the Wosrt Coach in football. PAGONENOW

https://www.headcoachranking.com/

Yes...   I said none.

So you're now going by the team record to judge the worst coach in football?

Really?   Seriously?

Does that mean Chuck was among the best when the Colts went 11-5 and advanced to the AFC Championship?  I'm guessing you won't back that?

And why should anyone care about what one random website says?   Do you know who runs that site?    Why does that site have any credibility?   Because you agree with it?

You can do better than that......

PS ---   You used this website before. And a long string of posters pointed out one silly ranking after another.   It has ZERO credibility on this website with this fan base.    It's embarrassing....

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes...   I said none.

So you're now going by the team record to judge the worst coach in football?

Really?   Seriously?

Does that mean Chuck was among the best when the Colts went 11-5 and advanced to the AFC Championship?  I'm guessing you won't back that?

And why should anyone care about what one random website says?   Do you know who runs that site?    Why does that site have any credibility?   Because you agree with it?

You can do better than that......

Obviously you didn't understand how that whole link thing I posted works.....  Ya gotta click the link and then click on the worst coach in the NFL's face and they will explain why he sucks

I bet your glad you came looking for an argument tonight dont you?   

9 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Obviously you didn't understand how that whole link thing I posted works.....  Ya gotta click the link and then click on the worst coach in the NFL's face and they will explain why he sucks

I bet your glad you came looking for an argument tonight dont you?   

You're the one who engaged the argument.    I've got no problem engaging with you or anyone else.

The website is run by people who have no idea what they're talking about.   

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You're the one who engaged the argument.    I've got no problem engaging with you or anyone else.

The website is run by people who have no idea what they're talking about.   

No.  Not true.   You started this by bringing up a post that I made on Dec 31st.  So again you are wrong.   

You came in here 5 yrs ago when you jumped on the Luck bandwagon.   And since then have amassed more post than probably anyone over that time frame.   Most of which are correcting others or telling them they are wrong. 

I have been a colts colts fan since the mayflower landed in Indy.  I am not a bandwagon fan.  I have been through it all

So excuse me or anyone else that is a true COLTS fan and not a Luck fan that expect more than what we have seen over the last 6 yrs.   

i am not ever ever going to be satisfied with mediocre coaching.  And that is all Pagano was.   

I actually own own my own Colts website. And while you seem to be a relatively intelligent person. You would not last a week there with your holier than thou attitude and it would be ugly because we don't have the * moderation that goes on with this site 

either way I wish you would just hush 

1 minute ago, Coltfreak said:

No.  Not true.   You started this by bringing up a post that I made on Dec 31st.  So again you are wrong.   

You came in here 5 yrs ago when you jumped on the Luck bandwagon.   And since then have amassed more post than probably anyone over that time frame.   Most of which are correcting others or telling them they are wrong. 

I have been a colts colts fan since the mayflower landed in Indy.  I am not a bandwagon fan.  I have been through it all

So excuse me or anyone else that is a true COLTS fan and not a Luck fan that expect more than what we have seen over the last 6 yrs.   

i am not ever ever going to be satisfied with mediocre coaching.  And that is all Pagano was.   

I actually own own my own Colts website. And while you seem to be a relatively intelligent person. You would not last a week there with your holier than thou attitude and it would be ugly because we don't have the * moderation that goes on with this site 

And I promise you I didn't say hush 

2 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

I came here nearly 6 years ago, not 5.    May of 2012.

And you think I have amassed more posts than anyone else?      Uhhhh....    not even close.     The website used to give out daily totals....    a top-10 and the next-10.     My totals were almost always in the next-10.     So, somewhere between 11-20th ranking.      In raw numbers,  I post roughly 10 times a day.     And that's down from when I arrived, when I posted about 12 times a day.    Yes,  I've made it my business to known what I do.

By the way,  I usually post more in the off-season than I do in the regular season.    I find that time of year particularly interesting and I like talking shop about coaching moves,  free agency and the draft.    A number of other posters do too.

I get into a number of fights with posters here because I hold a number of unpopular views with the majority here.   And I'm totally fine with that.     And I don't mind explaining my positions on any topic.     If someone wants me to explain,  I'm fine with that.     If someone wants to debate,   I'm fine with that.     If someone wants to argue,   I'm fine with that.    But If someone wants to get personal.....   well...    I'm NOT so fine with that.     And I try not to,  but I fail from time to time, and Nadine puts me in timeout for a while.

I don't know why you think I'm only a Luck fan and not a Colts fan?    I'm on this site more than any other website I visit.   More than Stanford sites.    More than ESPN.    More than NFL.com.   This is my number one site and I talk about all topics,  not just about Luck.    I've invested my time and my energy and my fandom.   I have expressed my admiration for the franchise,  for the owner, for the city of Indianapolis and for the state of Indiana.    Not sure what more I have to do to show I'm a Colts fan?    I have all sorts of Colts hats and shirts,  and NONE of them have anything to do with Andrew Luck. 

Pagano is gone.   I just don't see the need to kick a man after he's out the door.    Look forward, not backward.

2018 should be an interesting enjoyable year.    Especially if Luck comes back healthy.    Of course, all bets are off if Luck does not return to form.      But that's out of our hands.     I'm really looking forward to enjoying this off-season.  I hope you are too.....

7 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

Man.... if an argument needs to start with debating who is a true colts fan and who isn't, that argument is flawed. Big time.

Good luck for your own colts website.

6 hours ago, Peterk2011 said:

Man.... if an argument needs to start with debating who is a true colts fan and who isn't, that argument is flawed. Big time.

Good luck for your own colts website.

Well if you think that there weren't any Manning only fans or Luck only fans you are naive.   The Manning fans left and went to root for the Donks and still unrealistically + and complain that we didn't keep him because they are dumb and dont understand the circumstances if he would have satayed....  Which compares to the stupid Balitimore fans that thought there was an option for Irsay to not move the team....   

I'm glad Ballard made it clear that if you are coming here only to work with Luck you wont be the next HC

1 hour ago, Coltfreak said:

Well if you think that there weren't any Manning only fans or Luck only fans you are naive.   The Manning fans left and went to root for the Donks and still unrealistically + and complain that we didn't keep him because they are dumb and dont understand the circumstances if he would have satayed....  Which compares to the stupid Balitimore fans that thought there was an option for Irsay to not move the team.... 

Look, lets stop this conversation here. You apparently see things from a viewpoint which, let me put it nicely ... I always preferred to keep myself away from. So, as I said, good luck for your own Colts website.

1 hour ago, Coltfreak said:

I'm glad Ballard made it clear that if you are coming here only to work with Luck you wont be the next HC

I actually agree with you on both stances. Some Colts fans were just Manning fans, some are just Luck fans. Just the way it is. I am a diehard Colts fan regardless even if they have Mike Pagel at QB. I did root for Peyton while he was in Denver as having a secondary favorite team. He is my all-time favorite player so that is just natural. If they played us I rooted for us though. When we beat them in the 2014 Playoffs that was priceless, loved it. Regarding letting Peyton go and rolling with Luck, it was absolutely without a doubt the 100% right decision. Luck was a lot younger and just now entering his prime. We needed an overhaul of the team as well/rebuild after 2011. Had we kept Peyton and his salary no way we could've rebuilt on the fly. Peyton wouldn't of won another SB here I fully believe that had he stayed. Our team was old and needed an overhaul. He won in Denver because he was surrounded by a much better team and a Great Defense something we wouldn't of provided.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I actually agree with you on both stances. Some Colts fans were just Manning fans, some are just Luck fans. Just the way it is. I am a diehard Colts fan regardless even if they have Mike Pagel at QB. I did root for Peyton while he was in Denver as having a secondary favorite team. He is my all-time favorite player so that is just natural. If they played us I rooted for us though. When we beat them in the 2014 Playoffs that was priceless, loved it. Regarding letting Peyton go and rolling with Luck, it was absolutely without a doubt the 100% right decision. Luck was a lot younger and just now entering his prime. We needed an overhaul of the team as well/rebuild after 2011. Had we kept Peyton and his salary no way we could've rebuilt on the fly. Peyton wouldn't of won another SB here I fully believe that had he stayed. Our team was old and needed an overhaul. He won in Denver because he was surrounded by a much better team and a Great Defense something we wouldn't of provided.

Here's a question......

Who here is just a Luck fan?    And how would anyone know?

If the proof is that a fan would leave once Luck's career is over, well, Luck's career is NOT over yet.

So again...   how would anyone know?

:dunno:                :scratch:

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Here's a question......

If the proof is a sly know fan would leave once Luck's career is over, well, Luck's career is NOT over yet.

I didn't imply anyone in here is just a fan of this player or that player. I know people personally that are Colts fans because they have Luck. I have a friend that didn't even watch a game after he found out Luck was out for the season. He lost interest. I have people I work with that quit following the Colts after we let Peyton go as well. Remember I live in Indy so I have seen this type of stuff.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Here's a question......

If the proof is a sly know fan would leave once Luck's career is over, well, Luck's career is NOT over yet.

That is not hard to figure out...  if and when he is gone. (Which I dont think will be the case). Those posters will disappear just like they did when Manning was gone.   It's fine to continue to root for Manning.  I did.  But only if it benefited the Colts situation.  But then again, I would root for the Pats if a win by them meant it would benefit the Colts 

You admitted you were not here during the change over from QB to QB so you wouldnt have seen it or heard about it as much 

3 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

That is not hard to figure out...  if and when he is gone. (Which I dont think will be the case). Those posters will disappear just like they did when Manning was gone.   It's fine to continue to root for Manning.  I did.  But only if it benefited the Colts situation.  But then again, I would root for the Pats if a win by them meant it would benefit the Colts 

You admitted you were not here during the change over from QB to QB so you wouldnt have seen it or heard about it as much 

what is your web site?

On December 31, 2017 at 7:06 PM, BR-549 said:

Difficult to watch actually.... for me at least.  I believe as well that he was told earlier that he was done.  There was a brief shot during the game of Jacoby going over to him and speaking with him and then hugging him.  Just felt like they both (and likely all) knew.  

Jim certainly has seen better days.  I noticed it earlier this year.  Out of nowhere he faded away....   Hell, he may not even be here next year, who knows... really cant rule it out.

On we go however.  I hope there is a good plan in place because I do think we have some talent.  Most of it on IR unfortunately, but we do have some talent.  And with the high pick we should be able to add some really good pieces this year along with the FA possibilities.  Things seem to be looking up.

It's no secret that I have been harsh on Pagano over the yrs mainly false start penalties inside LOS stadium that this team always struggled with under his tenure as head coach. You are 100% correct though when you bring players on IR because if you lose starting talent at key positions especially at QB, your season is essentially over. 

I really liked your response BR-549. I can tell how much you admire & respect the Colts & it's always a pleasure to read your right on the money posts. You're definitely a must read & asset to this forum my friend. :thmup:

On December 31, 2017 at 7:30 PM, ricker182 said:

Even the way this organization fires their head coach is classy IMO.  

Couldn't be more proud to be a Colts fan even though they stink. 

The world needs more Chuck Pagano's.  Great guy. Bad head coach.  

I almost liked your post, but I ultimately couldn't passed on the 3 words I highlighted in red. I get what you're driving at buddy, but remember this was Chuck's 1st NFL HC gig & Bill Belichick & Pete Carroll both got fired their 1st professional go round as well. Josh McDaniels, a key coordinator golden boy again, flamed out early in Denver too. 

On 1/7/2018 at 2:44 PM, Peterk2011 said:

Look, lets stop this conversation here. You apparently see things from a viewpoint which, let me put it nicely ... I always preferred to keep myself away from. So, as I said, good luck for your own Colts website.

:facepalm: