Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pagano Let Go

Case

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Not sure what that has to do with John H coming here as a coach?! No team is gonna fire their head coach for losing in the playoffs..... if that was the case Dungy would have been fired many times for his teams choking in the playoffs

I thought you said the Ravens losing was not happening . Didn't read the whole post.  

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, DougDew said:

As far as the video and post game speech:

Maybe I'm being too literal, but will the experience with this group of guys that he claims to be so special be more special or less special with the next team he coaches?  I mean, what if a player from this year's Colts team is on the next team Pagano coaches?  "Hey coach, so I thought that past Colts team was special, but now you're saying our current team X was special.  I think I heard this before"

I guess this stuff sort of rings hollow to me.  The team is 4-12.  What is special or even good about it.  Wouldn't it be more appropriate to say something that simply thanks them for their efforts and dedication and then move on.

And Sorry, I like Jimmy, but he always looks stoned to me.

Its just his style. Nothing more, nothing less.  The way you describe it above would be your style.... neither of them are right or wrong.  He obviously put his heart into his work  and whether it worked out or not, or meets our approval or not doesn't change that.  So he is giving HIS speech HIS way and it is heart-felt.... nothing wrong with it, just like if you did it your way there would be nothing wrong with it.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You made a nonsensical post.   I clearly demonstrated it.    And you try to turn this into my problem?

That's the response I would expect from you! 

:flag: Hilton, Joesph, guys the game is over, you can stop cat fighting now :console:

Just now, ricker182 said:

Even the way this organization fires their head coach is classy IMO.  

Couldn't be more proud to be a Colts fan even though they stink. 

The world needs more Chuck Pagano's.  Great guy. Bad head coach.  

Would be funny if the new guy brings Pagano back as a DB coach hahahaahahahaha

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

:flag: Hilton, Joesph, guys the game is over, you can stop cat fighting now :console:

???

He made a snarky post at me.      One.

I made a snarky post back at him.      One.

That's a fight?        Seriously?      Around here?       That's a fight?

If that was a fight,  then this website would be crashed every hour of every day.....

Come on now.....

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

???

He made a snarky post at me.      One.

I made a snarky post back at him.      One.

That's a fight?        Seriously?      Around here?       That's a fight?

If that was a fight,  then this website would be crashed every hour of every day.....

Come on now.....

Being sarcastic...guess I should have used this .......  :sarcasm:

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Perhaps the fact that they won and cost the team the 2nd pick helped to expedite things.   Chuck couldn't even lose when we needed him to.  LOL

colts need a lot more than the second draft pick and a new hc to compete in the afc south, i feel sorry for the new hc if he is expected to have this team finish above last in 2018 in our division, we are loaded with below average talent and it is hard for draft picks to start on day one

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You made a nonsensical post.   I clearly demonstrated it.    And you try to turn this into my problem?

That's the response I would expect from you! 

good lord....

yes, you clearly shredded my nonsensical post by cherry picking one OC who coached a handful of games. Kudos to you.

I will explain why I question some of his hires:

Cam Cameron: sucks, no explanation needed

mark trestman: successful OC, but I don't his precision passing game matched up well with flacco. Imo flacco is at his best when chucking it down field.

Mary Mornhinweg: see mark Trestman

Gary Kubiak: I admit I forgot about him. Not a bad hire.

you simply could have asked why I thought that about harbaugh instead of going out of your way to be *.

2 minutes ago, BOTT said:

good lord....

yes, you clearly shredded my nonsensical post by cherry picking one OC who coached a handful of games. Kudos to you.

I will explain why I question some of his hires:

Cam Cameron: sucks, no explanation needed

mark trestman: successful OC, but I don't his precision passing game matched up well with flacco. Imo flacco is at his best when chucking it down field.

Mary Mornhinweg: see mark Trestman

Gary Kubiak: I admit I forgot about him. Not a bad hire.

you simply could have asked why I thought that about harbaugh instead of going out of your way to be *.

Again,  yoiu try to make this about ME.      No, this is about YOU.    And until you get that,   we disagree.

You even attempt to downplay the Caldwell hire by calling it "a couple of games."

Harbaugh fired his OC in December!     Who does that in the middle of a push for the playoffs?     I'm hard pressed to think of anyone?        And then there were those pesky little games in January.....     What do they call those games again?      Oh, yes.....      playoff games!     And what was the one in February called again?     Oh yes,  the Super Bowl.

But to you,  they were just a handful of games that I cherry picked.

Right.

Just 6 or 7 games that made the difference between getting into the playoffs and winning the Super Bowl or having the Ravens season end in December.        Just a handful of games that I cherry picked.     Shaking my damn head.

As for me being an *.....    have you read your own posts?      You do the same thing to other posters.    I simply gave you a taste.     And it's not nice,  is it?

Must have been bad cherries that I picked!    

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Again,  yoiu try to make this about ME.      No, this is about YOU.    And until you get that,   we disagree.

You even attempt to downplay the Caldwell hire by calling it "a couple of games."

Harbaugh fired his OC in December!     Who does that in the middle of a push for the playoffs?     I'm hard pressed to think of anyone?        And then there were those pesky little games in January.....     What do they call those games again?      Oh, yes.....      playoff games!     And what was the one in February called again?     Oh yes,  the Super Bowl.

But to you,  they were just a handful of games that I cherry picked.

Right.

Just 6 or 7 games that made the difference between getting into the playoffs and winning the Super Bowl or having the Ravens season end in December.        Just a handful of games that I cherry picked.     Shaking my damn head.

As for me being an *.....    have you read your own posts?      You do the same thing to other posters.    I simply gave you a taste.     And it's not nice,  is it?

Must have been bad cherries that I picked!    

There's a difference. I use sarcasm when someone posts something ridiculous.   You maybe disagree with my questioning of harbaugh and his coordinators, but it's far from ridiculous.   And if you think I go after people like that show me the post.  You are the one who consistently gets into long winded back and forthwith with other forum members.

the rest of your post is just.....well, you being you.

3 hours ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Well a change was needed, but I now I am in the  Minority here but I like Pagano I think he's a good coach, the team plays there butt off for him! The injury issues this year starting with Andrew sealed his fate! I wise Chuck well in the future, he deserved a better fate IMO! The change although comes as no surprise!

I'm with ya 100%. kinda sad to see him go. Getting someone better is not as easy as some people think.

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

http://m.colts.com/videos/videos/Chuck_Pagano_and_Jim_Irsay_Post_Game_Victory_Speech/4e905b51-8117-490b-b12d-40f915d4b5b7

man Irsay looks like he's in bad shape physically.

that said, this speech is worth watching.  And to me, confirms that everyone in that room knew Pagano had coached his last game

After watching this i think it was obvious everyone knew it was his last game. No point in delaying the announcement for a day as someone probaly would have tweeted it out today by mistake

1 minute ago, i am yoda said:

Well, I was mostly teasing anyway!  heheh

I'm not sure Chucky is really that great of a coach.  Hopefully, an experienced rising coordinator gets the gig.

I think the game has passed him by.  His teams were failing in Tampa leading to his firing and he’s been out of the game for so long.  Normally those types of hirings don’t work out.

2 hours ago, BOTT said:

There's a difference. I use sarcasm when someone posts something ridiculous.   You maybe disagree with my questioning of harbaugh and his coordinators, but it's far from ridiculous.   And if you think I go after people like that show me the post.  You are the one who consistently gets into long winded back and forthwith with other forum members.

Well....

Again,  I just elaborated on how wrong you were about your post.     Went into even more detail to show you're wrong.

And you glossed over it trying to make this whole exchange about me.      When this whole unfortunate exchange was really about you and your post.

So....   to defend yourself...    you either dismissed Harbaugh as a candidate for the Colts because you don't like his OC hirings.    He's only a top-10 coach.      Then you tried to dismiss his accomplishments.     Then you said my defense of him was done by "cherry picking" my info.      I think I've pretty much crushed all those arguments.

But I'm sure you'll think this was about me.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.       I thought this exchnage would disappear after one shot each.    But apparently not.

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well....

Again,  I just elaborated on how wrong you were about your post.     Went into even more detail to show you're wrong.

And you glossed over it trying to make this whole exchange about me.      When this whole unfortunate exchange was really about you and your post.

So....   to defend yourself...    you either dismissed Harbaugh as a candidate for the Colts because you don't like his OC hirings.    He's only a top-10 coach.      Then you tried to dismiss his accomplishments.     Then you said my defense of him was done by "cherry picking" my info.      I think I've pretty much crushed all those arguments.

But I'm sure you'll think this was about me.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.       I thought this exchnage would disappear after one shot each.    But apparently not.

i enjoy disagreeing with you...It's an indication I'm right..  Werner, Richardson, Chuck, Grigson, pep, Chud ...but I'm sure you crushed all my arguments is those disagreements too.  The self appointed crusher of arguments...yep, that's you.

2 hours ago, BOTT said:

i enjoy disagreeing with you...It's an indication I'm right..  Werner, Richardson, Chuck, Grigson, pep, Chud ...but I'm sure you crushed all my arguments is those disagreements too.  The self appointed crusher of arguments...yep, that's you.

I'm perfectly happy to concede Trent Richardson.     I was wrong on him.

But the rest....     well....    we're going to have to agree to disagree on those....    I'm not even sure you know my position on those....    but either way,  I'm perfectly fine if we're on opposite sides of plenty of issues.    I don't expect to aqree on many things with most anyone.      That's fine.     It's what makes the world go around and is the life blood of internet message boards.

If you think you're right on those and I'm wrong --- that's fine.     We can agree to disagree and move on.

Much more important issues right in front of us......     and that's what I care about right now.....

6 hours ago, BOTT said:

Listen. NCF knows arguments. NCF has the BEST arguments. Sad!

A part of me certainly feels a bit sad as those first 3 years under Pagano were a great journey despite Patriots and Steelers always made us look foolish.

Great memories from those years, but something had to change, everybody knew that. Including Pagano. Sometimes you just need a hard reboot and new ideas.