Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Doyle took the blame, sort of

azcolt

Interviewed after the game, Doyle was asked if he thought he should have caught the INT’d pass. Yes, it hit my fingertips so I should have caught it was essentially his response. Go back and watch the video. It was thrown with touch and went through the middle of his mitts, probably the easiest ball he had all game. It was 100% on him and he should have owned it.

6 minutes ago, azcolt said:

Interviewed after the game, Doyle was asked if he thought he should have caught the INT’d pass. Yes, it hit my fingertips so I should have caught it was essentially his response. Go back and watch the video. It was thrown with touch and went through the middle of his mitts, probably the easiest ball he had all game. It was 100% on him and he should have owned it.

It was actually thrown high so the easiest pass all game is incorrect.  Should he have caught it, yes!  That was a great play by Shazier at the same time so all this crap towards Doyle is yet again just terrible.  We almost won a game against the Steelers so fans look for blame, I get it.  Putting it on Doyle, that is just terrible.

7 minutes ago, azcolt said:

:facepalm:

14 minutes ago, azcolt said:

Sounds like he did.

17 minutes ago, Myles said:

Sounds like he did.

This was reminiscent of the Kenton Keith tipped ball that resulted in an INT for the Chargers close to their own end zone in the 2007 season playoff game, the last game at the RCA dome. Like Polian said, if it hits your hands, you have to come down with it. 

It was close to the Chargers' end zone in one case and a playoff game. In this case, the Steelers' struggling offense got it close to the Colts' end zone there. Both ended up hurting us.

This one, just like the other one, was unfortunate, IMO. I am not going to crucify the guy for the mistake. We just were not good enough to overcome it because our margin of error vs good teams is not much at all.

54 minutes ago, azcolt said:

He did own it. Why must you make an issue when there is none?

The bottom line is this team don't have the talent to over come turnovers or fumbles. Take those plays away and we would have a better record no doubt.

44 minutes ago, chad72 said:

This was reminiscent of the Kenton Keith tipped ball that resulted in an INT for the Chargers close to their own end zone in the 2007 season playoff game, the last game at the RCA dome. Like Polian said, if it hits your hands, you have to come down with it. 

It was close to the Chargers' end zone in one case and a playoff game. In this case, the Steelers' struggling offense got it close to the Colts' end zone there. Both ended up hurting us.

This one, just like the other one, was unfortunate, IMO. I am not going to crucify the guy for the mistake. We just were not good enough to overcome it because our margin of error vs good teams is not much at all.

This is very true.  Mistakes make it very difficult for a bad team to win, even when they are playing a good game.

3 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

It was actually thrown high so the easiest pass all game is incorrect.  Should he have caught it, yes!  That was a great play by Shazier at the same time so all this crap towards Doyle is yet again just terrible.  We almost won a game against the Steelers so fans look for blame, I get it.  Putting it on Doyle, that is just terrible.

It was thrown right through his hands he should have owned it.

3 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

That's the key.  Players will have drops.  Brown dropped a deep pass that he should have easily caught.  If this was just a drop, no one would be talking about it.

It was a freaky, athletic play by Shazier.  Give the other team some credit.

4 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

doyle is a tight end tightends are the towers they are at least 6/3 tall the ball was sposed too be high when throwing to a tight end  away from  a shorter defender as the tight end has avantage on high ball. hehad the ball but a case of butter fingers its that simple.

3 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

I think the blame can fall on just about everyone.

It'd be nice is Jacoby didn't zing the passes in there with the same velocity as his deep passes. 

The guy has a bazooka arm which is great, but a little touch on the ball on those short passes and screens would be nice 

Ive noticed most of those "zinged" shorter passes are because he doesnt have time for touch.  He's in the process of being mauled so he kind of flips it quickly.

4 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

you know i 100 percent agree with you and i also would like to add that the colts have been playing Wheel Of Losing in the 4 quarter all season long (minus the LA Ram massacre of 2017:grumpy2:) so if Doyles int never happens trust me. The colts would have found some other creative way to hand over another win. :Cry:No wonder Mike Tomlin and every other coach that plays us grins heavenly in delight at our team in the 4th quarters.

2 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

By saying "I should have caught it" means he owned it.  Not sure what you hope for him to say?

tight end is 6/3 or taller tight end  is coverd by a linebacker atleast 5/10 ball will delibratelay be thrown to tight end high as linebacker will have too jmp high if he can get it yet doyale had butter fingers and itwised thru his hands into defenders

3 hours ago, Pat Briggs said:

tight end is 6/3 or taller tight end  is coverd by a linebacker atleast 5/10 ball will delibratelay be thrown to tight end high as linebacker will have too jmp high if he can get it yet doyale had butter fingers and itwised thru his hands into defenders

I get it, there is a size difference.  Throwing a ball high to someone who has already got a size advantage is not what you are always going to try and do.  This was a situation that I was responding to someone so your comments really do not pertain to anything.  The ball did not go through his hands right into the defenders either.  That was a great play made by Shazier.

I haven't read a lot of the posts since the game and I agree Doyle should have made the catch (players make plays), but one huge contributor to our downfall was #68 (offensive lineman) who scored a hat trick of early starts.  This offensive is way too fragile to make up for *ic penalties like that.

11 hours ago, azcolt said:

He should own it!

He was once underpaid, but now he is drastically overpaid. 

Doyle’s play is one of this years Biggest disappointments. 

I can't believe there are actually people on here bashing Doyle. The guy comes to work every week and plays his heart out. He can't be a stat machine every week and he's shown us all more than enough to earn his place on this roster.

We need more people like Jack Doyle on this team.

Jack Doyle For President!

4 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

He should own it!

He was once underpaid, but now he is drastically overpaid. 

Doyle’s play is one of this years Biggest disappointments. 

Disappointing? He's on pace for 100 receptions, 900 yards and 4 TD's

His career best is 59 rec and 584 yards. In 2016 he caught 5 TD passes (His career best)

He's playing with a guy who was a third-string QB on NE at the start of the season.

And of course our atrocious offensive line. 

5 hours ago, Dark Superman said:

Disappointing? He's on pace for 100 receptions, 900 yards and 4 TD's

His career best is 59 rec and 584 yards. In 2016 he caught 5 TD passes (His career best)

He's playing with a guy who was a third-string QB on NE at the start of the season.

And of course our atrocious offensive line. 

He has dropped important passes, and turned the ball over at crucial moments. We have needed him to step up and be a leader. He has hurt us in more games than he has helped us. 

Receiving stats are not the whole story here. 

rick venturi had an interesting take on doyle, and im starting to see it this way too

hes basically just a guy, while not bad hes not a great blocker or receiver either

defenses let him get his yards most of the time, marvin lewis all but admitted it.  

20 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

you know i 100 percent agree with you and i also would like to add that the colts have been playing Wheel Of Losing in the 4 quarter all season long (minus the LA Ram massacre of 2017:grumpy2:) so if Doyles int never happens trust me. The colts would have found some other creative way to hand over another win. :Cry:No wonder Mike Tomlin and every other coach that plays us grins heavenly in delight at our team in the 4th quarters.

from what I have noticed colts play good in first half then when the other team makes adjustments the colts don't adjust too the adjustments its like they surf well in calm waters then when the high tide comes in they get sucked under by the undertoe that's also why they won those 2 teams those 2 teams cant make adjustments yet

On 11/13/2017 at 10:43 AM, DaColts85 said:

No it isn't Doyle has had a crap year, and he deserves heat. No longer "Mr Reliable", and now has reputation of having stone hands

5 hours ago, aaron11 said:

rick venturi had an interesting take on doyle, and im starting to see it this way too

hes basically just a guy, while not bad hes not a great blocker or receiver either

defenses let him get his yards most of the time, marvin lewis all but admitted it.  

They let Doyle get his yards because stopping Hilton is their focus.