Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hmmmmm....

AKB

Melvin, a journeyman; plating very well at corner.

Butler, an old slot corner, playing decently well at FS.

Farley, an UDFA playing very well at SS.

Desir, a name no one outside of the Colts community would recognize; playing pretty good at CB.

Holy....

It's almost as if there is some truth to the word that Pagano might be good at coaching secondaries. 

EDIT: Still relevant after Steelers loss.

5 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Sorry, but I can`t share the optimism that you do about Chuck. Zero signature wins, consistently outcoached by the opposition and continues to fold in the 2nd half of games. However, I wish him luck as DB coach somewhere other than Indy!

I'm not optimistic about him. I want him fired.

I'm just saying he knows how to coach up secondaries. 

33 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Desir, a name no one outside of the Colts community would recognize; playing pretty good at CB.

Holy....

It's almost as if there is some truth to the word that Pagano might be good at coaching secondaries. 

He seems to be decent to good on coaching individuals in the secondary coach. That said, he still isn't a good head coach. Too many coaching failures there. 

3 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

Holy....

Image result for wait a sec gif

I agree that Melvin, Desir and Hairston have played well. I think they have done well in spite of Pagano. 

Also, it's Tom Savage. 

Yes, it was Tom Savage. BUT, it was Deandre Hopkins and Will Fuller. Two pretty good WRs. This team was built to play physical man coverage. The Texans got back into the game once we started playing 10 yards off the line of scrimmage. Quit being downers and give the secondary some credit for playing a pretty good game. Tom Savage is still a quarterback in the NFL. Not like you're out there throwing to them. 

27 minutes ago, Mick12Maher said:

Yes, it was Tom Savage. BUT, it was Deandre Hopkins and Will Fuller. Two pretty good WRs. This team was built to play physical man coverage. The Texans got back into the game once we started playing 10 yards off the line of scrimmage. Quit being downers and give the secondary some credit for playing a pretty good game. Tom Savage is still a quarterback in the NFL. Not like you're out there throwing to them. 

Which is what I find so stupid when we have Davis in we don't dare play man when it's way he specializes in lol..then the game he's out we use it almost entirely until ted reverts back to his zone defense 

4 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:
5 hours ago, MPStack said:

Zero signature wins

I'll give him a couple.. in 2013 49ers and Seahawks. 

How about the Peyton Manning Broncos days.  We have signature wins, but apparently if it is not against the Pats or Steelers some do not want to count it.  People just want to find negative things when it comes to Pagano.

1 minute ago, DaColts85 said:

How about the Peyton Manning Broncos days.  We have signature wins, but apparently if it is not against the Pats or Steelers some do not want to count it.  People just want to find negative things when it comes to Pagano.

Very true. We did take out Peyton more times than I'd like to remember haha including the Playoffs. Hard to describe whats its like watching those games

5 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Very true. We did take out Peyton more times than I'd like to remember haha including the Playoffs. Hard to describe whats its like watching those games

Robert Mathis getting not only sacks but a strip sack on Manning as well.  No more red jersey...haha

1 hour ago, pgt_rob said:

This.

Our secondary played well because there was junk throwing the football towards them.

Their coverage had nothing to do with Savage.  They were taking those receivers out of the game.  They weren't open in the 1st. half.  He was overthrowing receivers due to tight coverage.  Savage had nowhere to put the ball.  We are much better in press.  Only when we played soft did he find success.  Pagano is letting Monachimo and Chud call the shots.  Hopefully he tells Monachino no more soft coverage.  I hope this was a wake up call.  

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Their coverage had nothing to do with Savage.  They were taking those receivers out of the game.  They weren't open in the 1st. half.  He was overthrowing receivers due to tight coverage.  Savage had nowhere to put the ball.  We are much better in press.  Only when we played soft did he find success.  Pagano is letting Monachimo and Chud call the shots.  Hopefully he tells Monachino no more soft coverage.  I hope this was a wake up call.  

Better in man coverage but we got away with a lot of calls. I'll take it for what it was. A decent game that we managed to hold them to the final second of the game.

9 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Savage took his own receivers out of the game.  It's hard to catch a pass when you're constantly led 2 yards out of bounds.  A mediocre QB would have completed more passes that Savage. 

2 hours ago, deedub75 said:

Savage took his own receivers out of the game.  It's hard to catch a pass when you're constantly led 2 yards out of bounds.  A mediocre QB would have completed more passes that Savage. 

I think they were covered for the most part that's why he had to overthrow them.

The Colt's secondary is 8th in the league in passes defended with 49.

These first place division leaders have:

Steelers: 48.....Vikings: 42......Patriots: 39......Panthers: 25......

These winning teams have:

Seahawks: 46.....Titans: 46.....Packers: 33.....Cowboys: 30.....

4 hours ago, JaguarsWoman said:

Why hasn't Quincy Wilson been playing? I have not seen him wearing a Colts uniform yet.

The poster that responded below re: Wilson's playing time is correct.

Wilson did play (and play quite well) in the Arizona game this season. 

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Practice.  It appears he doesn't put out in practice.  You have to show it in practice or you don't play. 

Correct.  Which is maddening. 

9 hours ago, Mick12Maher said:

Yeah, but that happens every game! Why??

4 hours ago, zibby43 said:

The poster that responded below re: Wilson's playing time is correct.

Wilson did play (and play quite well) in the Arizona game this season. 

Correct.  Which is maddening. 

He’s had a lingering knee issue as well. Holder said he was a last second scratch on Sunday, was slated to be the starter across from Desir.