Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brissett is terrible

azcolt

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here’s a question, what traits are you guys seeing that shows he has promise, because I’m just not seeing any.  Yes his receivers did not help him that’s for sure.  But the serious lack of pocket presence, can’t feel pressure, not throwing the ball away, and turning the ball over in key situations.  You have to know when the game is on the line that you can not take a sack.

I think it’s a lot to ask of someone to come in and learn a new system so quickly. But that said, the two picks in the Cardinals game and in this one did cost us two wins. I’m not sure if it’s fair to demand more from a backup QB though. 

Just now, snkdy said:

I think it’s a lot to ask of someone to come in and learn a new system so quickly. But that said, the two picks in the Cardinals game and in this one did cost us two wins. 

Yeah but his pick today was more about the Bengals defender making a heck of a play than it was Brissett making a mistake.

18 minutes ago, GwinnettColt said:

He hangs onto the ball long (Luck does, too). 

With this O-line and the play-calling, we can't expect much from anyone back there.  Not that I'm defending Brissett; he had a bad game.

Deductive reasoning.... If both are guilty of holding on to the ball too long, it just maybe the play calling. Even Wentz and Brady would have a thread dedicated to how bad they were if they played for the 2017 edition of the Colts.

Just now, Introspect said:

Congratulations for being a rational poster. Gotta recognize a reasonable man :thmup:

Even though I bash them I know this a dumpster fire. No need to single out a guy who's trying and playing his best in a tough situation.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I don't really care where a player is picked, because if he's starting he's likely been deemed to be the best we have. That in itself CAN of course be pretty unfortunate and that's where it starts to be a Ballard problem.   To the OP: Cross, Speed and Franklin have all been questioned because of their questionable coverage abilities - especially Speed and Franklin. What gets brought up in the OP completely misses the point. Speed and Franklin have also been called out because too many of their tackles seem be be made 5+ yards downfield. I don't see anything disproving that here either.
    • Its come to my attention that some members just can't take anybody second-guessing the Colts.   I probably fit in the nonsupport of Ballard group, but I've never targeted the players mentioned because I thought they were decent picks at the spot they were taken.  If you average out the draft spot of those players, I'd say they average to about pick 90...mid to late 3rd round.   My target was the lack of attention in picking impact players with first round picks, identifying them in college.  One All Pro in 8 drafts, plus capital from trade downs.  And that one All Pro is/was a G.  Doesn't seem like our recent pick #4 is headed there either, but its very early.
    • No one really said anything about Rainman. People were screaming for him to start over Pryor after week 2.   Jones had 1 good game with 2 INTs but he’s still a liability in man, and tends to always give up 1-2 big catches a game and a penalty. He’s fine as a number 3 corner.   Lot of people also wanted Cross, just at SS instead of FS which is why he has had success. I’ve always thought he was better than Thomas.   Fries has been a surprise and this is easily the best we’ve seen from Pierce. Ryan and Minshew definitely limited him.
    • Watching this makes me wonder what's going on with his mechanics lately. 
    • I think AR will get better with time (he’s so young and new ) but his short yardage accuracy is atrocious.  It’s so bad that during the last two games AR threw the ball over the receivers head out of bounds and my gf said “ good Job at least he threw it out of bounds to not get intercepted” and I said , “ babe that wasn’t on purpose he literally is that inaccurate” lol.  When you throw it so far over your receivers head that it looks like you threw it out of bounds on purpose, you know there is some stuff for your qb to work on. 
  • Members