Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Quincy Wilson..... inactive again

twfish

20 hours ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

I mean I get it....but I don't need to be paid millions to see that Quincy is more talented the Milton and Desir. Maybe it's just a maturity thing going on here.

I really hope so. But we’ve all seen this song and dance before... 

Even if it is maturity it’s no guarantee that he’ll ever grow up lol 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Regardless of reason, Wilson and Hooker will get almost no first year experience...that has to hurt their development. 

It’s very disappointing that their rookie seasons have essentially been washouts, on-the-field-wise.  Hopefully they actually gained the year experience as far as being around the pro culture, though, so they are good and ready to go next year. Still kind of mystifying regarding Quincy’s ongoing absence, for I thought he was actually looking pretty decent for a rookie, early on.  

Frankly, it's because Pagano has favorites. e.g. Ricardo Matthews over Lawrence Guy, Samson Satele at Center over AQ Shipley and Mike McGlynn at C.

Wilson played 1 game this season, had 2 pass breakups. Essentially 32 pass breakup over the course of a season.

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 11:45 AM, VaAllDay757 said:

You're not gonna win games trying to make an example out of a good player just because you feel it's necessary that's why chuck is not a good head coach

Chuck needs fired anyway we have now lost to a team that hasn't been close to beating us in 5 years not one time but twice awful.

4 hours ago, rock8591 said:

Frankly, it's because Pagano has favorites. e.g. Ricardo Matthews over Lawrence Guy, Samson Satele at Center over AQ Shipley and Mike McGlynn at C.

Wilson played 1 game this season, had 2 pass breakups. Essentially 32 pass breakup over the course of a season.

He has done nothing to demonstrate he deserves to be active let alone play.  His poor practice habits are well documented.  I think Ballard has realized his mistake and will find a way to jettison him after the season like he did with Banner.  Maybe he can include him in a trade if he's lucky.  A second round pick who can't even be active on game day is a remarkable commentary on the player.  

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

He has done nothing to demonstrate he deserves to be active let alone play.  His poor practice habits are well documented.  I think Ballard has realized his mistake and will find a way to jettison him after the season like he did with Banner.  Maybe he can include him in a trade if he's lucky.  A second round pick who can't even be active on game day is a remarkable commentary on the player.  

Just stop dude 

Im starting to wonder if they aren't taking the same approach to him that they did with Khlead Holmes. They want to try and groom him away from game day. 

Because this was such a rousing success with Holmes....

Or maybe they just don't like him. 

I don't even know anymore. This staff goes as far out of their way as possible to keep us scratching our heads. 

10 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Im starting to wonder if they aren't taking the same approach to him that they did with Khlead Holmes. They want to try and groom him away from game day. 

I don't even know anymore. This staff goes as far out of their way as possible to keep us scratching our heads. 

It’s because the “Keystone Cops” are out there on game days, and practices coaching em’ up!

15 hours ago, John Waylon said:

I can't wrap my head around the fact that they consider Chris Milton and TJ Green to be better options. Wilson made more plays in his 1 start vs the Cardinals than Green has in the past 2 seasons. And Milton, a practice squad player that just got elevated on the 19th? What do either of those guys bring to the table that Wilson lacks?

8 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I can't wrap my head around the fact that they consider Chris Milton and TJ Green to be better options. Wilson made more plays in his 1 start vs the Cardinals than Green has in the past 2 seasons. And Milton, a practice squad player that just got elevated on the 19th? What do either of those guys bring to the table that Wilson lacks?

Got me. Even when he was active against the Steelers he didn't see the field. 

Its just another strange case of coaching from this staff. 

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

If you believe Pagano, its the ability to play special teams.  I actually get that.  With the limited number of players that can be activated on game day (47 or 48?), your #4 and 5 CBs have to play ST.  A ST player has more impact than a CB sitting on the bench behind 1,2, and nickle.  A ST players is probably on the field 5 or more times a game. 

The question I have is...Why can't Wilson play ST?  Is it that hard after being in the NFL for a few months?

Now that Melvin is nicked up, Wilson may actually get a chance, IMO. But then, there are players who don't stand out in practice as much as the starters but when given a limited chance, do well then. It then ends up being a gut call of the coaches.

20 hours ago, DougDew said:

If you believe Pagano, its the ability to play special teams.  I actually get that.  With the limited number of players that can be activated on game day (47 or 48?), your #4 and 5 CBs have to play ST.  A ST player has more impact than a CB sitting on the bench behind 1,2, and nickle.  A ST players is probably on the field 5 or more times a game. 

The question I have is...Why can't Wilson play ST?  Is it that hard after being in the NFL for a few months?

Wilson never played ST in college so he really doesn't know yet but he can learn that during the off season and for now let someone play ST while he plays corner I don't know why it's not possible to do 

23 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Wilson never played ST in college so he really doesn't know yet but he can learn that during the off season and for now let someone play ST while he plays corner I don't know why it's not possible to do 

Agreed.  I assume he'll be playing #2 CB this week, so we can have the backup play ST.  Wilson can't be activated for backup CB because that's the guy who plays ST.

4 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Well he's not inactive today he will most likely play finally we can see him on the field again keep milton and moore off the field unless it's for special teams

I think he will play.  But remember he hasn't earned any significant playing time in mega weeks.  It took an injury to change his status.  Who knows, maybe he decided to practice this week.  Coaches always say next man up.  We shall see.