Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Quincy Wilson..... inactive again

twfish

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

I don't even get it. He had a nice game against better Cardinals receivers. 

He just looked lost most of the time today. 

This franchise is so confusing. 

Getting benched will do that to you. I’m not sure what it is but something is going on between Quincy and the staff that we’re not being told. You can tell in the interviews too.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Ok and again what do you expect he hasn't played since week 2? If you evaluating his performance off of one play then you just as blind the next person

Don’t let him get you roped into a dumb argument. I agree with you, one bad play for a rookie who hasn’t played since week two isn’t the end of world. Wilson is one of the most talented CB’s on this roster. 

On 11/26/2017 at 2:10 PM, jameszeigler834 said:

It isn't good cause they are not better than us.

I have no idea why you that no teams aren't better than the Colts?

Must every team is better than the Colts this year.    And it had little to do with schack Pagano.

It has to do with Ryan Grigson,  and Luck being lost for the season.    There are a long list of problems that were not going to be solved in one year.     Ballard said this when he was hired.

The Colts are just not that good this year.

8 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Who was you watching? He only got beat on one play

He got beat multiple times.    He was average at best.   Maybe playing time will help. But he was not worth all this complaining about him not playing.   He is not better than VD Melvin Hairston or Desir.   He was only in due to necessity 

30 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I have no idea why you that no teams aren't better than the Colts?

Must every team is better than the Colts this year.    And it had little to do with schack Pagano.

It has to do with Ryan Grigson,  and Luck being lost for the season.    There are a long list of problems that were not going to be solved in one year.     Ballard said this when he was hired.

The Colts are just not that good this year.

Because in every one of those close losses they didn't beat us we beat ourselves.

2 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Because in every one of those close losses they didn't beat us we beat ourselves.

Ya think it might have something to do with a young quarterback?     A bad offensive line?     Few offensive weapons?

A defense that can't rush the passer?      Very few actual playmakers?

No.    That can't be.      In your mind,  it's all about Pagano..................

Hey, you're not alone.      There are plenty of fans here who think the exact same thing you do.

I wish that wasn't so,   but it's true.     

29 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ya think it might have something to do with a young quarterback?     A bad offensive line?     Few offensive weapons?

No.    That can't be.      In your mind,  it's all about Pagano..................

Hey, you're not alone.      There are plenty of fans here who think the exact same thing you do.

Going to be some * off fans in here if Pagano is not fired. It wouldn't surprise me one bit for Pagano not to be fired just for the fact Irsay does exactly what he thinks is best for his team.

More than likely Chuck will be fired but stranger things has happened under Irsay.

For all we know Irsay and Ballard both know why things are the way they are and decide Chuck stays.

18 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Going to be some * off fans in here if Pagano is not fired. It wouldn't surprise me one bit for Pagano not to be fired just for the fact Irsay does exactly what he thinks is best for his team.

More than likely Chuck will be fired but stranger things has happened under Irsay.

For all we know Irsay and Ballard both know why things are the way they are and decide Chuck stays.

Do I think it's POSSIBLE for Pagano to stay?    Yes.     

But do I think it's LIKELY?   No.    I'd guess a long shot.

My bigger concern is Chuck's replacement...    the guys from KC have never been HC's before.    Do we really want another first time head coach?   Politically speaking, I'm not sure we can afford to do that with Luck's career?

I hope Ballard and Irsay can hit a home run with the hire...   whoever it is....

I'll be more excited/worried with that decision than any other decision this organization had made since I joined this community five and half years ago....

6 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

He got beat multiple times.    He was average at best.   Maybe playing time will help. But he was not worth all this complaining about him not playing.   He is not better than VD Melvin Hairston or Desir.   He was only in due to necessity 

Multiple times? When was these other times? Wilson definitely played better than davis would had and hairston gave up 2 touchdowns but when bortles got sacked and fumbled it was because he was looking in wilson direction and nothing was there

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You have to have coach that doesn't suck which this team doesn't.

19 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Hooker....overrated?????? Lol that is too funny

sucks at tackling.  the only thing he does well is play the ball in the air

he had like three good plays and went on IR.  couldn't get healthy in the off season either 

2 hours ago, aaron11 said:

sucks at tackling.  the only thing he does well is play the ball in the air

he had like three good plays and went on IR.  couldn't get healthy in the off season either 

He's on IR because someone chopped him down at his knee....what does that have to do witg his skills of ability?

9 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

He's on IR because someone chopped him down at his knee....what does that have to do witg his skills of ability?

he has missed a lot of time for various reasons.  he was hurt when we drafted him then went on IR with a serious knee injury after a few games.  he is great at playing the ball in the air, but not much else

13 missed tackles in one year in college, and now i see why.  hes not any good at it

he cant afford to lose a step with this injury either.  if he comes back and plays well ill admit i was wrong, but if teams get tape on him and he stops getting interceptions he will have to get a lot better at the rest of the game

2 hours ago, aaron11 said:

he has missed a lot of time for various reasons.  he was hurt when we drafted him then went on IR with a serious knee injury after a few games.  he is great at playing the ball in the air, but not much else

13 missed tackles in one year in college, and now i see why.  hes not any good at it

he cant afford to lose a step with this injury either.  if he comes back and plays well ill admit i was wrong, but if teams get tape on him and he stops getting interceptions he will have to get a lot better at the rest of the game

Ok but when the season started he was ready and got 3 ints early so it's no telling what would've been if he kept playing he putting up a good rookie resume

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 12:06 PM, VaAllDay757 said:

Ok and again what do you expect he hasn't played since week 2? If you evaluating his performance off of one play then you just as blind the next person

Funny last couple years if Toler or Robinson got beat for a TD once a game we didn't give them a pass. It might not be the only thing they are evaluating their performance on but that doesn't mean that it doesn't have an overall HUGE effect on it. That's like saying I got a F on the midterm but I don't understand because I got some B's on my other assignments and I don't understand why I'm doing so poorly in the class....fact is those big plays are huge. They happen we get it..but we can't excuse it either. So if he plays 16 games and gives up 16 tds on bad covers are you going to be ok with that? There is a middle ground....perhaps they looked at all things but considering the timing of the play and the result and how bad it was blown they decided it was a critical play in the game and the result is it was a bad performance.

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Funny last couple years if Toler or Robinson got beat for a TD once a game we didn't give them a pass. It might not be the only thing they are evaluating their performance on but that doesn't mean that it doesn't have an overall HUGE effect on it. That's like saying I got a F on the midterm but I don't understand because I got some B's on my other assignments and I don't understand why I'm doing so poorly in the class....fact is those big plays are huge. They happen we get it..but we can't excuse it either. So if he plays 16 games and gives up 16 tds on bad covers are you going to be ok with that? There is a middle ground....perhaps they looked at all things but considering the timing of the play and the result and how bad it was blown they decided it was a critical play in the game and the result is it was a bad performance.

Toler and Robinson weren't rookies who's only played in three games their rookie season.

On 12/4/2017 at 5:49 AM, aaron11 said:

he wasnt good yesterday

we should just play the best guys and not worry about where they were drafted

I expected a little bit of rust since he was coming off of a banged up knee and hadn't played a snap since week 2. And now that Desir is on IR, and Melvin is week to week, Wilson is the best guy. Sure, Hairston's played well this year, but only in the slot, and he got beat for 2 TDs on Sunday, and Moore, well he just simply isn't good.

15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

So you must want to bench Hairston after giving up 2 TDs on Sunday?

3 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

He actually received a glancing blow to the thigh while he was beginning to lift the leg off of the turf when running full speed.  Instead of bruising the ribs of the WR (blocker) with his thigh moving in an upward motion, his chicken-leg buckled in the opposite direction at the knee.

33 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Difference is toler and robinson got beat all game which wilson did not but yeah it was his fault he got beat on that one play but I will take that over getting burned all game because the other team will keep picking on you and after that one play wilson didn't slack up

6 hours ago, aaron11 said:

This guy! he is the stupidest ray of sunshine I’ve ever seen on here!

17 hours ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

Toler and Robinson weren't rookies who's only played in three games their rookie season.

If they are starting and on the field then I'm going to evaluate their game as a starter. I don't make excuses for someone. All reports the guy has figured out how to be a professional and when he has played he had a very mixed result. Some solid play but also given up key big plays for points. It was that way in the preseason too. Does that mean he won't be good some day...heck no...he may be all-pro...it just means on Sunday it IS possible to say he didn't get a passing grade when he gave up a back breaking play in the game. I don't grade someone differently because they are a rookie. They get the grade their play represents....same for people on these websites that grade their play. Now....saying a guy got rated a D but they are a rookie and that's expected to have some bumps along the way...fine....but don't say he gets an A because he is a rookie and he should be allowed to give up big plays. You can use the rookie thing as an excuse for some poor play and that it should get better....but that doesn't mean it wasn't poor play.

17 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

So you must want to bench Hairston after giving up 2 TDs on Sunday?

When did I say I wanted to bench anyone? I never even wanted to bench Toler except if his injuries were keeping him from performing. My whole point was that I would not give Wilson a passing grade yesterday....and I definitely wouldn't give Hairston one....it was a very bad game from our secondary all together. Doesn't mean you bench people....just mean they played poorly...is that a problem to say a rookie played poorly on this team? Doesn't change the fact I like our young secondary and think it can be a strength going forward...just means they didn't play well on Sunday.....geez why is everyone so defensive. Look at Blake Bortles numbers against us on Sunday....and remember this is Blake Bortles not Tom Brady here. The young guys had a bad game...it happens...but it doesn't mean they need benched or I want them out...just means they played poorly.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

When did I say I wanted to bench anyone? I never even wanted to bench Toler except if his injuries were keeping him from performing. My whole point was that I would not give Wilson a passing grade yesterday....and I definitely wouldn't give Hairston one....it was a very bad game from our secondary all together. Doesn't mean you bench people....just mean they played poorly...is that a problem to say a rookie played poorly on this team? Doesn't change the fact I like our young secondary and think it can be a strength going forward...just means they didn't play well on Sunday.....geez why is everyone so defensive. Look at Blake Bortles numbers against us on Sunday....and remember this is Blake Bortles not Tom Brady here. The young guys had a bad game...it happens...but it doesn't mean they need benched or I want them out...just means they played poorly.

I'm tend lenient to a rookie coming off of a knee injury that hasn't seen the field in 11 weeks. My expectations for Wilson on Sunday were low, so I'm not calling him out for getting beat on a play, especially when the safety help he was supposed to have was more out of position than he was.

On 12/5/2017 at 5:13 PM, DougDew said:

He actually received a glancing blow to the thigh while he was beginning to lift the leg off of the turf when running full speed.  Instead of bruising the ribs of the WR (blocker) with his thigh moving in an upward motion, his chicken-leg buckled in the opposite direction at the knee.

Wow...  Glancing blow???  Chicken leg???  That’s one of the silliest posts I’ve ever read.  I hoped you were being sarcastic but I think you may really believe what you posted...  :scratch:

Did Miller, the tight end for the bears, have chicken legs when he mangled his knee???  I can’t believe the hate on here for Hooker.  This kid was good this year and when he comes back healthy next year, he’ll be even better.  

Just watch when he gains more experience and we get someone to bring some consistent pressure...  He’ll be among the league leaders in picks.  Which is exactly what he was when he played this year (without the experience or rushers to bring pressure)...  

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 5:13 PM, DougDew said:

I can't believe you making that comment. A lot of injuries come on what could be called freaky plays. There are players who have non contact injuries every season and now you are an authority on the subject?

C-mon DD, you know better.

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 1:41 PM, aaron11 said:

So can you make me a list of rookie players who play his position that have played like a veteran.

His position is one of the hardest positions on the field to learn to play. Most rookies at safety take at least two to three years just to earn a starting spot.

If you knew this you wouldn't be so quick to call him a disappointment. But it seems you don't.

On 12/5/2017 at 2:13 PM, DougDew said:

You've been trashing the Hooker pick since we made it.    One post after another.

And now this?     Glancing blow?     Chicken leg?

Wow......     Sigh......

On 12/4/2017 at 3:46 PM, VaAllDay757 said:

Hooker....overrated?????? Lol that is too funny

I wouldn’t call Hooker overrated, in fact I thibk when he played he showed why the Colts drafted him where they did.  With that said I do think it’s fair to be concerned about his ability to avoid injury.  He had an injury problem in college that lingered into the off-season and then having a season injury is something that should make any Colts fan nervous.  

8 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

Wow...  Glancing blow???  Chicken leg???  That’s one of the silliest posts I’ve ever read.  I hoped you were being sarcastic but I think you may really believe what you posted...  :scratch:

Did Miller, the tight end for the bears, have chicken legs when he mangled his knee???  I can’t believe the hate on here for Hooker.  This kid was good this year and when he comes back healthy next year, he’ll be even better.  

Just watch when he gains more experience and we get someone to bring some consistent pressure...  He’ll be among the league leaders in picks.  Which is exactly what he was when he played this year (without the experience or rushers to bring pressure)...  

Nope.  Got hit in the thigh above the knee, not the knee.  The leg was not planted, but in the air.  In the thigh, leg in the air, yet the knee buckled.  WR got up unscathed.  Yes.  Chicken-leg.